Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Thanks"

Options
  • 09-12-2008 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

As 99.99% of people posting here know that there is a "Thanks" button on each post...
    I for one would welcome a "No Thanks"..with a thumbs down to feckin eejits that post stupid stuff..

Who else would like this..If you wouldnt like it..GTFO and dont post in this thread
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'd like one... so I could use it for your post above...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I remember the carnage of the Karma system. Yes, Jill remembers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hagar wrote: »

+1.
    Uh. . .i mean thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

As 99.99% of people posting here know that there is a "Thanks" button on each post...
    I for one would welcome a "No Thanks"..with a thumbs down to feckin eejits that post stupid stuff..

Who else would like this..If you wouldnt like it..GTFO and dont post in this thread

Dooooooooone toooooo Deeeaaaattttttthhhhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This has been suggested a good few times before and has always been shot down.
    It would be a good idea if used responsibly, but undoubtedly there'd be muppets who'd just use it excessively to try and piss people off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

karma based systems are pretty much on the way out. negativity breeds contempt and flamewars, and admins everywhere are begining to learn of it. its hard to find any site that still uses a +/- system, theyre all moving over to the +only.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

OP has a perfect username to describe this thread.:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hagar wrote: »

:D

The fans of a negative rep system usually don't realize they are sometimes turkeys voting for Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It seems we're up to a weekly thread on this now.:(
    the general consensus seems to be:

DO NOT WANT!

kthnksbye.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are you secretly hoping you will get lots of thanks in yet another case of internet irony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

No to this

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Which rereg are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Terry wrote: »
    Which rereg are you?
    Who? ME?

Who? ME?
    No, the OP.
    You can tell us which one you are anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

eoin wrote: »
    Are you secretly hoping you will get lots of thanks in yet another case of internet irony?

+1. And it's nice to see people aren't falling for it like normal. I think eveybody's gotten wise to these thanks whore threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

javaboy wrote: »
    +1. And it's nice to see people aren't falling for it like normal. I think eveybody's gotten wise to these thanks whore threads.

Hmmm...a well-written, sensible post in Feedback?
    This is surely the work a THANKS WHORE!! :eek:

Well I for one am not falling for it. I bid good day to you, sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The OP is Giblet. Has to be. Nobody else would want a repeat of the Great Reputation Wars of dickety-six.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Maybe its Bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Insert lolkitty "Do not want" >Here<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Look at yesterday's post of the day >>>:confused:

Didn't know we had airsofting here.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Look at yesterday's post of the day >>>:confused:

Didn't know we had airsofting here.

Pro Tip: Boards.ie is where the Irish airsoft community, and several of the related businesses, started.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh the irony of the OP's username.

Sarky wrote: »
    The OP is Giblet. Has to be. Nobody else would want a repeat of the Great Reputation Wars of dickety-six.
    Really?

I would like to welcome him back if it is him.

Advertisement