Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a gym in NUI Maynooth?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

European Studies-NUI Maynooth? and do students have to pay for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yep there's a gym in the North Campus and it's free for all students.
    Once you have a student card it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

what's north campus???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

NUI Maynooth is split into 2 areas; the new North campus (where the John Hume building is) and the old South campus. (where St Patricks college is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Graca wrote: »
    what's north campus???

It's where all the people from the North must live. Are you from the North? North of what though? Never gave that much thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's where all the people from the North must live. Are you from the North?
    Yup thats true its really a pain in the ass, because I was born in the North I have to show my passport every time I go into the South campus and without fail I get stripped searched. :(

http://sports.nuim.ie/facilities/newgym.html
    ^^ the gym

Cant wait to go back to having a free gym though am gonna miss having some half decent equipment.

EDIT:
    Just looked at the photos there and it looks weird without the mirrors around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I lol'd, lads.

Graca: What they said, well the gym part anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The weights room was/is very nice and well stocked,but very small so if you want to use it try and get in before 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Many hangovers were ran off in that gym, good times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The weights room was/is very nice and well stocked,but very small so if you want to use it try and get in before 4pm.

There's a seperate weights room, always filled with foreign folks lifting like 70+ KG and spotting each other incase they can't hack it - beef bus!

Right lads, dilemma for next year. My DCU gym membership is up soon and will be in Maynooth full time next year. So have two options, join the college gym with staff/former student rate or the Glenroyal? Never used Glenroyal before so need some advice. Plus it's way more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Unless you want to swim and want to added extras of saunsas and the like stick with the college gym. The Glenroyal just isn't worth it. Especially for weights, not much equipment and its a bit cramped.

Cheers, plus Glenroyal is so ****ing expensive. I was thinking I'd go with on campus anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

I have to get back in shape after a boozy summer. Is there a trainer or anything there to help you? I wouldn't have a clue how to use the machines and don't want to look like a complete gob****e in there. Also which changing rooms do you use - is it the ones just across from the restaurant or are there ones in the gym itself (I'm in 4th year and, shamefully, have never visited the gym)

Advertisement