Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com Sale - Everything £5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Nice, thanks.

Most prices aren't brilliant in it, but there's some stunner deals in there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Too bad about Play's dodgy euro prices. It works out about €1.30 more than the current sterling exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I can't believe they increased the prices of some DVDs such as Wild Hogs and Ten Things I Hate About You.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

nevf wrote: »
    Nice, thanks.

Most prices aren't brilliant in it, but there's some stunner deals in there too.

Such as? I haven't seen anything great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Unfortunately it seems the offer is only available to those with a uk address. I tried buying some of the gadgets and all of them were unavailable for delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

shoutman wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems the offer is only available to those with a uk address. I tried buying some of the gadgets and all of them were unavailable for delivery to Ireland.
    Play won't ship electronics to Ireland. For everything else you need to order in euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

shoutman wrote: »
    Think thats to do with them not being weee compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Too bad about Play's dodgy euro prices. It works out about €1.30 more than the current sterling exchange rate.

:eek: Didn't know about that.

Such as? I haven't seen anything great so far.
    Can't find it now, but there was two or three things that when i compared them to argos, were brilliant prices. Other than that, the rest is all crap.

Euro exchange rate - thats shítty, i never noticed that before tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Most of the deals at play are available at street shops like hmv&Zavii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

311 wrote: »
    Most of the deals at play are available at street shops like hmv&Zavii.

Well they r generally about €5 cheaper on a number of games but they always take like a week to deliver it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I purchased two double album sets last week for €15 at Zavii. Considering the cost of and service from stores ,it's better value completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

+1

Until they allow me to order in Sterling again I wont buy from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I used to be a great fan of Play.com and have spent hundreds if not a couple of thousand yo yos with them over the past 4 years but over the last year or so their prices have not been as competitive as they once were.

As for their current sale, I bought a couple of DVD's from them in the past 2 weeks that are now higher in price in this "sale" than what I paid for them a couple of weeks ago.

As for Blu rays, I got the Terminator - Sarah Connor chronicles from Axelmusic for €26 delivered. Play are selling it at €37. Enough said!!

I still think play are pretty damn competitive on pricing. RObot Chicken Star Wars cost me 11.49 on play while Xtravision are selling it for 20 euro. Preordered both Dante 01 and The Wizard of Gore for 9.49 each which is the cheapest anywhere.

I was looking for the Thai film Typhoon on amazon and it was 20 sterling, play have it for 7 euro.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    +1

Until they allow me to order in Sterling again I wont buy from them.
    After what I saw in this thread - (I had never realised it before) - I'm on the same boat as you with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The odd time despite the dodgey exchange rate they are the cheapest.

Use this link, which I saw in the requests section, to check for the cheapest price for a dvd or game.

http://www.dvdbargainalerts.co.uk/

It seems to be a lot better than other price comparison sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The current exchange rate should mean that a £5 item costs around €6.21, NOT €7.50. I used to buy from Play quite often but refuse to be ripped off to such a huge extent. How they can gloat about "free shipping on everything" is beyond me, when charging a near-correct conversion rate and actually charging shipping wouldn't be such an underhanded thing to do.

It is what it's.

Advertisement