Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid/Multi-Fuel Stove

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Does anyone know a website or showroom which has a range of contemporary multi-fuel stoves on display ?

Thanks in advance

Slates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

have a look at the following link

these things are expensive when compared to stanley....but herself wanted
    them, we have two of these (nestor martin) and one stanley

www.nestormartin.be

& www.ecostoves.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hsebldMO

Hey Slates,

You don't say where in the country you are but Murphys in Kinvarra, Galway is very good (they have probably about 30 different stoves, ranges & fires on working display), if you bring your house plans with you one of their friendly reps will go over your heating system with you & advise you accordingly.

Remember if you're installing solid fuel stove with backboiler, 15ft would be the longest pipe run from stove to hotpress cylinder (recommended for efficiency).

Also another we have found good was FSG (Fireplaces Stoves & Gas) in Castlebar, Co. Mayo (think they've other branches around the country too - maybe Limerick or Ennis?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

What BTU's in a backboiler stove would you go for... Our plumber recommends a Hercules 30B as its quoted with 100,000BTU's... His thinking is at least it will heat the whole house as an alternative source, rather than 50,000 only partially doing the job..
    I have access to lots of felled timber so I think it makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Moved to renewables & etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

Hey we bought 1 from hickeys in Mullingar. A holly stove exactly aht we waanted and wit a bog localy - technically we are cutting down on CO2 emmisions. Also there are loadsa shops that supply them especially in the county side - all the local kinda hardware shops do them but have a smaller range!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pulleen

Slates wrote: »
    Does anyone know a website or showroom which has a range of contemporary multi-fuel stoves on display ?

Thanks in advance

Slates
    can anyone give me advice on different brands of fire inserts. i have seen nestor martin, stovax and fondis on different web sites, but would like to compare one against the other. does anyone have experience with any of these :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

bbam wrote: »
    What BTU's in a backboiler stove would you go for... Our plumber recommends a Hercules 30B as its quoted with 100,000BTU's... His thinking is at least it will heat the whole house as an alternative source, rather than 50,000 only partially doing the job..
    I have access to lots of felled timber so I think it makes sense..

Bbam I would seriously think again about installing a stove this big .
    While it would be an impressive site in any home; and certainly be a feature in any room
    Do the maths and you might consider a wood gasifying boiler or stove much more efficient
    If you have access to a lot of wood the it could be your primary heat source rather than an alterative

Advertisement