Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay.ie - The postcode field is invalid.

Options
  • 17-05-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to pay via Paypal for two items I bought recently, but I get "Please enter the information in highlighted fieldsPostcode - The postcode field is invalid." error all the time. Before when I got this problem I would just login to eBay.co.uk and pay that way and it worked. I e-mailed eBay two days ago, but I got no reply yet. :mad:

What should I enter as the postcode for Dublin?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Have u tried putting in "Eire" in the postcode field, usually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Zorba wrote: »
    Have u tried putting in "Eire" in the postcode field, usually works.
    Just tried that and I get "The postcode field is invalid.". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I just use five zero's, hasn't let me down on any online store yet.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I just use five zero's, hasn't let me down on any online store yet.
    Still get the same problem, I hate eBay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Maybe try going back to ebay.co.uk ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are you buying from someone based in Ireland, or elsewhere? ebay.com recently made a change which makes it impossible to buy if you don't have a valid zip code. Maybe this is the problem. eBay won't respond to your question as they're just a shower of idiots who can't read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Haven't experienced this with eBay, but with some other form similar to this. Does it work if you enter something like "09" instead of "9"? Or are you in Co. Dublin? Maybe try "00"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The same thing has happened to me on 2 occasions now. Both times were when using a sellers "checkout" rather than the usual invoice and straight to paypal systerm.First time I originally had Eire as postcode and it suddenly stopped accepting it and giving the same error message as you have gotten OP. Six months later it happened again. This time I entered Eire and it accepted that. Quite bizarre!
    I'd try not entering any postcode at all and see if that works.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I came across the same problem yesterday when trying to pay for an auction I'd won.

The problem never occured before. Anyway, what I did was just leave the Postcode section blank, which worked. Now on my address it says "default" where the postcode should be.

After many tries with different numbers etc... I even tried leaving it blank they didn't work... I did manage to do it by just using a single x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Try just putting in Dublin again. I'm in Waterford and did this, therefore my address ended up with two or three Waterfords and irelands (can't remember how many). The same on Play.com but it worked everytime and never had a problem getting the goods.

Try just putting in Dublin again. I'm in Waterford and did this, therefore my address ended up with two or three Waterfords and irelands (can't remember how many). The same on Play.com but it worked everytime and never had a problem getting the goods.
    When I put the x in, I was directed to paypal, where paypal had my normal address, so that did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

Alright lads I just used the 00 there and it worked. I live in county dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement