Base prices for tattoo... - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2008, 18:42   #1
Lilee

Base prices for tattoo...

Hi - quick question really. Just wondering if you could let me know the base [minimum] prices for a tattoo. I've spoken to a few places the past few days and the best price we could get for a very very tiny tattoo was €80. But i'm sure there must be places in Dublin cheaper than that?

I know you shouldn't go to the cheapest place and that you get what you pay for yada, yada, yada...but just humour me
Advertisement
23-04-2008, 18:43   #2
truthinwords

Inkwell has a minimum charge of €60 if I'm not mistaken and it wouldn't be a case of sacrificing quality for price with them. Their on Arann Quay next to the Voodoo Lounge.
24-04-2008, 12:15   #3
Star Lord
Star-Lord, man! The legendary outlaw?

The size of your tattoo does not matter really, it's time spent and materials used that count more. Even if you're getting a tiny tattoo, you'll generally have to pay the charge for an hour.
24-04-2008, 14:06   #4
Lilee

Truthinwords - Ta! That's perfect - i'll give them a call tonight and have a chat with them

DamoElDiablo - Yeah I know - that's what i'm looking for - the base hourly rate.
24-04-2008, 15:15   #5
truthinwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoElDiablo View Post
The size of your tattoo does not matter really, it's time spent and materials used that count more. Even if you're getting a tiny tattoo, you'll generally have to pay the charge for an hour.

I don't think there's a place in town that doesn't have a minimum charge. For example Wildcats hourly rate = €100 minimum rate=€80. You shouldn't have to pay an hours fee for a five minute tattoo.

xtruthx
Advertisement
25-04-2008, 11:42   #6
Lilee

Exactly. It's a tiny little star i'm wanting to get done on my wrist. 10mins work max, no doubt. And I resent paying out €100 for it! I am aware that yes - the minimum charge WILL apply, no matter what. But I just think it's a bit silly for such a small tattoo. Almost makes me want to get the text I was considering to go with it done, just to fill my hour! Haha.
Thanks from:
25-04-2008, 17:03   #7
Star Lord

Go for it! Beats paying minimum charge twice!!!
25-04-2008, 19:07   #8
Redpunto

Went to a place in crow st, temple bar yesterday and they charged me €50
09-05-2008, 11:50   #9
Aspiration

Send a message via MSN to Aspiration
Last Sat we went up to Zulu and the receptionist said the minimum charge is €65.

Best of luck!
Advertisement
10-05-2008, 09:56   #10
hot2def

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilee View Post
Exactly. It's a tiny little star i'm wanting to get done on my wrist. 10mins work max, no doubt. And I resent paying out €100 for it! I am aware that yes - the minimum charge WILL apply, no matter what. But I just think it's a bit silly for such a small tattoo. Almost makes me want to get the text I was considering to go with it done, just to fill my hour! Haha.

lets imagine you are 25, female. good chance you'll live another 55 years. lets say your minimum charge was one of the higher ones at 80. 80 euro divided across 55 years is 1.45 euro a year. 1.45 divided across 365 days is a whopping .0039 euros a day.

How much did you spend the last time you went to the hair dressers, or bought shoes?

the minimum charge is there for two reasons. 1 to cover the time spent setting up, breaking down, scrubbing bagging and claving grips AND tattooing you. 2 because it's time the tattoo artist could be tattooing some one else. you would have a very hard time getting your little outline of a star done anywhere if the price was proportional to larger tattoos, because any tattoo artist in their right mind would turn it down in favour of bigger work.

I ALWAYS say to people if they want tiny work - wait til you are getting something else done. Most of the time they don't. *I* resent the implication that tattoo artists are running a scam with the minimum charge.
10-05-2008, 12:53   #11
Star Lord

Well put Hot2Def
10-05-2008, 18:10   #12
CianRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpunto View Post
Went to a place in crow st, temple bar yesterday and they charged me €50
Clasic ink?
Are they any good?

Talked to them before, they seem like a nice bunch of people, but didnt get a chance to see any of their work, forgot to look.
11-05-2008, 21:11   #13
itsallaboutme!!

im thinking about getting at tattoo for the first time and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best place to go in dublin im not worried about price i just want to make sure the place is clean and the work is good
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-05-2008, 22:43   #14
Crumble Froo

check out the piercers in ireland thread.
12-05-2008, 10:09   #15
Star Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutme!! View Post
im thinking about getting at tattoo for the first time and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best place to go in dublin im not worried about price i just want to make sure the place is clean and the work is good
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends on what you want done, what style etc...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion