Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is GTA 1080p or 720P?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

On the back of the box it says both, currently have my setup running at 1080p but when I start the game it changes to 720p ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Its 630 on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

Are you sure about that?
    I don't think theres 630p, generally only 1080,720,576,480p (there are also super HD formats of 1200, 1600). I don't even think 630 would be classified as HD :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Plasmoid

It's 720p.

The game can probably be uprezed to 1080p on the PS3

What he means by its 630... i think... is similar to what went around about Halo3.

If you physically count the vertical lines on the screen you may see that there are less then 720 lines. You would need to take a screenshot to do that though.
    With Halo3 i think it was only running at 580 or so lines, but it had the full 1280 width. (you cant tell vertical resolution as easy as horizontal apparently so its a cheap hack for speed)

Would be interesting to see if the PS3 and the 360 version differ in resolution.

Plasmoid wrote: »
    It's 720p.

The game can probably be uprezed to 1080p on the PS3

What he means by its 630... i think... is similar to what went around about Halo3.

If you physically count the vertical lines on the screen you may see that there are less then 720 lines. You would need to take a screenshot to do that though.
    With Halo3 i think it was only running at 580 or so lines, but it had the full 1280 width. (you cant tell vertical resolution as easy as horizontal apparently so its a cheap hack for speed)

Would be interesting to see if the PS3 and the 360 version differ in resolution.

O right I see, thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The ps3 box says 1080p anyway

• Advertisement

The ps3 box says 1080p anyway

Yes I spotted that, thats why I'm wondering why mines running at 720p. Is there an option on the ps3 to upscale 720p games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

It's not true 1080P, only upscales it. If you want to do this, go into the display settings in the XMB and uncheck the 720P and 1080i options, leaving 1080P checked.

It's not true 1080P, only upscales it. If you want to do this, go into the display settings in the XMB and uncheck the 720P and 1080i options, leaving 1080P checked.

Cool thanks for that, I give it a try when I get home from work....!
    Its gonna be a long day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Garret C wrote: »
    Its gonna be a long day :(

To true son. Being couped up all day in an empty house, with a stocked fridge, and 9+ hrs of GTA to ge through before the match, can really drag..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Damn you Charlie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

To true son. Being couped up all day in an empty house, with a stocked fridge, and 9+ hrs of GTA to ge through before the match, can really drag..........:D

LOL

Me too man. Its a tough life. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fizman wrote: »
    LOL
    Me too man. Its a tough life. :p

I hate you guys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Eh...where do I see these options. I checked under the display settings and see an autoset and manual set function. When I set manual it gives me a few weird options. Anyone else got step by step guide for upscaling it for a ps3?

Advertisement