Problem with pokerstars withdrawel - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2008, 21:34   #1
mormank

Problem with pokerstars withdrawel

Ok so in the past week i have been lucky enough to win two 100fo's on stars, amongst a few other tournies. those of you familiar with stars will know there is a nice payout for this.

now my problem is that once i attempted to cash it out my account was closed for cashouts. the cited some old issue that occurred between them and a friend of mine. they said that since i used the same computer as him and neteller account once that i was 'heavily related' to him that until the issue was resolved with him my account will not be reinistated. i have sent them many an email, copy of my driver's license and still they are not appeased.

i spoke to my friend, who's account they have the issue with and he tells me that issue was resolved but that they are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve.

i now have roughly 15k in my account that i cannot touch, and i simply cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel, as it isnt even my ccount that there is an issue with. i need some seriouos advice from anyone who might know what i can do about this, they are simply refusing to budge here. all advice greatly appreciated,
mormank

are they even within their rights to withhogl my account because of an issue with my friend's account?
Advertisement
29-03-2008, 22:05   #2
RoundTower

did your friend defraud stars? If so I think it's quite reasonable for them to freeze your account if you played on the same computer and used the same neteller account. In fact I didn't think it was possible to fund two Stars accounts from one NT account.

The issue with your "friend" obviously hasn't been "resolved" if Stars think he still owes them money.

If your friend really did nothing wrong and you are telling the whole truth post your story on 2+2 and you will probably get feedback there from a Stars rep.
29-03-2008, 22:18   #3
Ollieboy

set up a new account, lodge 1k, play heads up on cash table between the two accounts and dump the money into the new account, than withdraw it.
29-03-2008, 22:24   #4
Gillybean72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollieboy View Post
set up a new account, lodge 1k, play heads up on cash table between the two accounts and dump the money into the new account, than withdraw it.
Would you not have to make sure you set the new account up at a diff location? I had set my brothers up for him and when I was doing something for myself it came back from stars about the same IP address, I had to write and explain I setup my brothers but he was playing from a different IP.
29-03-2008, 22:36   #5
RoundTower

Quote:
lol if you really want to see stars lock up your money this is a pretty much foolproof plan.
Advertisement
29-03-2008, 22:39   #6
cardshark202

Quote:
This would be a good idea if you never want to see your money again
29-03-2008, 22:53   #7
Gillybean72

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshark202 View Post
This would be a good idea if you never want to see your money again
He can transfer it to me and I will cash out for him
29-03-2008, 23:09   #8
The_Chopper

What was the whole story with G's account anyway?
29-03-2008, 23:09   #9
Glowingmind

It's extremely unlikely that stars are "are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve."

Unfortunately your friend is likely not giving you the full story of why stars closed their account in the first place. If you're using the same pc and neteller account, it's gonna look pretty much like you're your friend.

Ollie, i would hope you were joking as i'm sure you know that dumping the funds will guarantee an account closure.

mormank, What i'd suggest you do is mail stars and ask them what exactly needs to be resolved and how it can be resolved.
Given that the winnings are from MTTs they're unlikely to suspect there's any credit card fraud involved. so it may involve your firnd multi accounting or colluding in the past.
Advertisement
29-03-2008, 23:40   #10
mormank

ok i can accept that possibly im not getting the full story from my friend. how many of you out there have used the same pc as a friend of yours? so he without sin cast the first stone. stars will not disclose to me the issue with the otehr account as it is against policy. so im completely in the dark
29-03-2008, 23:42   #11
Ollieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTower View Post
lol if you really want to see stars lock up your money this is a pretty much foolproof plan.
it was sad with a bit of tongue and cheek
29-03-2008, 23:59   #12
Glowingmind

Everyone criss-crosses between PCs if they're regular poker players, and poker companies do understand this.

It's tough to give an answer when all the details aren't available.

Your friend knows exactly what he did, and if he's not willing to help you out by rectifying the situation, then he's not much of a friend. An unresolved issue that involves stars looking for money from your friend likely means that a transaction or transactions on his account were disputed through the bank or through the payment processor and stars are out of pocket because of it.

You may just need to argue the issue with.

Is that PC you're using, or using the most the one your friend was using?

Or was it a case where you've used his PC once or twice?

How long ago was the issue with your friend's account?

Ask them if you yourself has engaged in activity that breaches the site's rules.
30-03-2008, 02:27   #13
WECpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormank View Post
how many of you out there have used the same pc as a friend of yours? so he without sin cast the first stone. stars will not disclose to me the issue with the otehr account as it is against policy. so im completely in the dark
I ll throw it then......Poker is a serious money business. I dont play on others computers. Especially on friends computers that are theives

Hopefully you get it resolved...but PokerStars has to take care from people who try to cheat them then start new accounts. One way they stop people is to find matching IP addesses (which means if you arent the person--you most likely are close to him).

A note for the wise...they will also investigate your account if you make a lot of transfers to a known theif
30-03-2008, 04:18   #14
58o
Awaiting Email Confirmation

[QUOTE=Glowingmind;55522958]It's extremely unlikely that stars are "are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve."

QUOTE]

Yeah stars are not in the business of randomly shaking down their customers for cash. More than meets the eye to this one.

I had my account frozen a few weeks ago due to an alleged "relation" with some player. I had to submit photo ID to get it unlocked. I can only presume it was some guy i played with in a tourney or SNG who donked his chips to me or the other way round, and another player complained about it. Guess its nice to see they make an effort to investigate these things.
30-03-2008, 05:58   #15
mormank

the extra funds they were requesting were something to do with insurance for the amount that was originally missing. i dont know the whole story obviously. all i care about is the money that i would like to withdraw to be honest. i really appreciate all the comments as this was genuinely distressing me

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion