Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Annoying Email Problem

Options
  • 27-03-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Recently i have been getting this error when trying to send/receive mail. I can recieve mail fine, but i cant send any. I am using Outlook Express, i am on a 2mb BT package. But i am still using my old eircom email. and server.......could this be the problem??? Should i try changing the servers to BT???

here is a screenshot

screenshotmediumhj8.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Change the config in Outlook Express, change the outgoing mail server to require authentication, then accept the default "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" firstly, try again, see if that works.

Also send the test emails to echo@esat.net - if all is fine you'll get a reply (an echo reply) back.

If that option didn't work, same thing again, back into outgoing mail requiring authtentication but this time set it for "Log on using..." and enter in then the same details as you would do when just receiving emails.

See if that helps anyway, hard to explain in a reply without screenshots and I don't use OE in work here to take some for you and show it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Your outgoing smtp server needs to be mail.iol.ie if it's not already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Your outgoing smtp server needs to be mail.iol.ie if it's not already.

Thanks a million!! That fixed it straight away!:)

Thanks Nehaxak for your reply aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Good stuff.:)

Advertisement