Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Petshop

Options
  • 20-03-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Kenny's I think is the name. Anyone frequent it?
    Does he have much fish keeping supplies or is it a case of five gold fish in the corner of a pokey petshop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Does he have much fish keeping supplies or is it a case of five gold fish in the corner of a pokey petshop?

Less of A, more of B to be honest. The shop is tiny and while they do have a couple of tanks they are severely limited by the space they have available.

Equipet is only a short bit up the road in Beechmount Retail Park, or Claws & Paws in Dunshaughlin. I hear there's a good fish place in Ashbourne too but that's a fair bit further away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

hadook wrote: »
    Less of A, more of B to be honest. The shop is tiny and while they do have a couple of tanks they are severely limited by the space they have available.

Equipet is only a short bit up the road in Beechmount Retail Park, or Claws & Paws in Dunshaughlin. I hear there's a good fish place in Ashbourne too but that's a fair bit further away :D

Cool thanks. I knew of Equipet in Ashbourne but didn't know there was a store in Navan. Have you been to it - what's it like regarding fish keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Would it not be easier just to go in and have a look for yourself? :)

Equipet in Navan does have a good display of fish, but not great on the fish food supplies or tools... they never seem to have any filters in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

http://www.aquariumsolutions.ie/ is the place in Ashbourne. It's located in the Super Valu shopping centre.

As mentioned, Equipet in Ashbourne also stock fish and supplies.

Access wrote: »
    Would it not be easier just to go in and have a look for yourself? :)

Equipet in Navan does have a good display of fish, but not great on the fish food supplies or tools... they never seem to have any filters in there!

Was in there today to get a stand for a Rekord 60 but they only had one on display so got it in Woodies instead :)
    They had tonnes of fish food though from what I saw. I saw plenty of Juwel filter media and Fluval products. I wasn't really looking for it but since they had so much filter media I'd presume they have a few filters.

• Advertisement

They are normally good in there but they never seem to have the Fluval filters i need...

I have often asked them to order them in as it saves a drive to petstop in blanch!

Out of curiosity, was the stand for your tank expensive or good value from woodies... as the missus has been on at me to get one for our tank... didnt know that woodies did them.

They are normally good in there but they never seem to have the Fluval filters i need...

I have often asked them to order them in as it saves a drive to petstop in blanch!

Out of curiosity, was the stand for your tank expensive or good value from woodies... as the missus has been on at me to get one for our tank... didnt know that woodies did them.
    From what I can tell the price is good. I have the Juwel Rekord 60 aquarium which has two possible stands - the Rekord 50/60 and 60/70. The difference was that the 50/60 holds the Rekord 60 and is a bare minimum stand. The 60/70 can also hold the weight of the Rekord 70 and is taller with a shelf and door. The 50/60 was €50 and the 60/70 was €110. I went for the 60/70 cause the shelf and door is handy and it simply looks more sturdy.
    Pet-bliss.ie for instance is selling the Rekord 60 for €158 and if you want the stand with a door it comes to €290 making the stand €140 which is crazy. Thebigbigpetshop.ie and baumanns.ie have the same stand for €89 (but then it'll be at least a tenner p&p) so all in all I reckon it was a decent price.

From what I can tell the price is good. I have the Juwel Rekord 60 aquarium which has two possible stands - the Rekord 50/60 and 60/70. The difference was that the 50/60 holds the Rekord 60 and is a bare minimum stand. The 60/70 can also hold the weight of the Rekord 70 and is taller with a shelf and door. The 50/60 was €50 and the 60/70 was €110. I went for the 60/70 cause the shelf and door is handy and it simply looks more sturdy.
    Pet-bliss.ie for instance is selling the Rekord 60 for €158 and if you want the stand with a door it comes to €290 making the stand €140 which is crazy. Thebigbigpetshop.ie and baumanns.ie have the same stand for €89 (but then it'll be at least a tenner p&p) so all in all I reckon it was a decent price.

I must give a call into there and see what i can find... thanks for the info!

I must give a call into there and see what i can find... thanks for the info!

No problem.
    Have you bought livestock from them? I might be getting my first few fish this weekend and if they're reliable then it'd be handy being able to go there instead of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

i got my stand in boardwalk with the door for 95.00 and the other stand is 45.00 that does the rekord 60 and 70 they have a sale on juwel tanks as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement