Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Controller To USB Converter Driver

Options
  • 12-01-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Evening,

I bought one of the Joytech converters from Play.com about 4 years ago and I can't find the driver disc for it anywhere (if I even still have it). I didn't even need drivers for XP as the OS had a driver for it, but I'm now using Vista and that doesn't:rolleyes:

So, has anyone got a copy of the driver that they could perhaps e-mail to me? I did a search (it's the Joytech JS-909A model) and I can buy the driver but I'll leave that as a last resort as it's for XP and there's no guarantee it will even work.

MODS: I realise this isn't necessarily a pro evo topic but I only bought the converter to allow me to play pro evo on the PC. I also reckon I'd have a better chance of getting a result on this board than elsewhere if you wouldn't mind leaving it here for a couple of days that'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There's a software driver link here on the Joytech home page. Have you tried that?
    Also, for what it's worth I picked up a Rockfire PS2 to USB convertor off the shelf in Maplin for about €20 last year. It didn't require any drivers to work with Windows XP. I don't have Vista so I've no idea if it works with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I was looking at the Joytech site alright but there doesn't seem to be any compatible drivers there, I sent them an e-mail lastnight. I even tried installing drivers from other manufaturers for similar converters but it didn't work. I also remembered my brother in law has the same converter so I've asked him to see if he can dig out the disc, but in the meantime if anyone here has it that'd be great. As you say though, I can always pick another one up cheap enough but it'd save me the hassle if I can get this one up and running. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

hey mate,

Some one before posted literally the exact same question

I used to have that same adapter and i found it didn't respond well to just tapping a button. I got this one instead and although the build quality isn't as good it doesn't have the same problem. I don't have vista so i cant confirm it works with it, but looking through the forms someone says it does.

For roughly a €5 including delivary i think its worth splashin out!!

EDIT: BTW i have it but it says on the front of the cd "for windows 98/me/2000/xp" , Doesn't mention vista. If you want the cd your welcome to it! the files on it are small enough so it could be possible to stick them up on my googlepages site.

Hey Witness thanks for the info, if you have that disc then I'd really appreciate it if you could upload the files to somewhere. I reckon the XP driver might work, but if it doesn't I'll just pick another Vista compatible one up.

ok uploading now, i'll pm you the link when its done.

If forget hound me down!!:o

EDIT: PM sent

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks man I'll owe you one!

Got that but it didn't work, dammit I just wanna play pro evo:( I noticed that's for a logitech device, are you sure it's the same one as mine is a Joytech?

Screw it, I think I'll just order that one from Dealextreme, what the hell it's dirt cheap. Thanks again!

no it is, i just renamed that file wrong! Sorry to hear that didn't work, stick it up on adverts.ie if its no good to you anymore, might make the price of DX one back.

Update on this for anyone who might be interested; I received the converter from Dealextreme and it works perfectly with Vista! Just in case anyone is in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can you use this adapter to get a PS2 guitar running on the 360 for Guitar Hero?

Jeez, I've no idea mate:confused:

i'm almost positive you cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ball_footy

Advertisement