Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nordmende 50" TV for 999

Options
  • 17-02-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Nordmende 50" plasma in Powercity, anyone know if Nordmende are still a good make? Is this a good TV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Nordmende 50" plasma in Powercity, anyone know if Nordmende are still a good make? Is this a good TV?

sounds good value - but what is the spec on the TV?

Now what would a new wall cost to put it on??

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

According to the Powercity website:
    NORDMENDE 50" PLASMA
    HD READY
    1366 X 768 PICTURE RESOLUTION
    15000:1 CONTRAST RATIO
    1X HDMI 2X SCART & PC CONNECTION
    PICTURE IN PICTURE
    OVAL SHAPED PEDESTAL STAND

But according to the (terrible) Nordmende website -

HD Ready
    1000 cd/m2
    Contrast 8000:1
    HDMI port
    PC compatible
    1376 x 768 res
    Acrylic frame

Slightly reduced contrast ratio!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I have a 32" Nordmende LCD and find it great for a cheap LCD.
    Lots of connections (VGA, HDMI X 2, Scart X2, Component) and great picture quality - Planet Earth on HD-DVD Looks stunning on it.

I've no compalints about it for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

normende are a good set, there used to be plenty of them years ago, they were imported by a relation of a mr. l. goodman, who fell foul of the revenue or some other gov. dept. and lost the import licence, i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ask sales person for best price. You'll get it for €900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Not sure I would touch Normende -I picked up the 32" a while back and it was pretty poor. Also the Powercity staff were useless. My opinion is avoid. The screen flickered in 1080i badly, and the blacks were as white as me. I took it back 3 times for the engineers to sort, the staff were no help and the engineers did nothing. In the end I had to force them to give me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Got it for 930 in Powdercity. Good picture, way better than an LCD equivalent.

Comes with wall mount, even though I have a brick wall, the weight of the thing would make me think twice.

Remote is brutal.

Two spikes in the base go up through TV and you fasten tv to stand with 4 screws - only two provided. I got two others lying around, but jaysus, come on.

Speakers are not great, hooked it up to my cheapo stereo and blew them away. Still, they're detachable so you can throw them out if you like.

Overall, happy - it's a big ass TV for little money in comparison to others on sale. And the picture is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's 720p... on a 50" screen. I wouldn't bother. At that size I'd want to be getting 1080p. Still, I don't suppose you can argue with it for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I watch 720p on a 92"inch projector screen and it looks brilliant. No point of paying way more for something that isnt going to make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

I watch 720p on a 92"inch projector screen and it looks brilliant. No point of paying way more for something that isnt going to make a big difference.

ya sometimes the picture quality can be exaggerated by people, just outa interest did it cost you much to set up such a screen and was the projector much?

• Advertisement
Advertisement