Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Cookery Programmes?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

I have to admit to flicking over to UK Food when there is nothing else on. I like cooking and I like getting new ideas...

Some of my favourite shows are Masterchef (not the crusty Lloyd Grossman version, but the newer format currently on BBC1 8pm Mon-Thu) .... great format, and some of the food looks unreal.

RTE have some terrible shows (lets mention no names!), but The Restaurant is one of their better efforts. Pity each series seems to be only 6-8 episodes long.

I'll also watch anything with Gordon Ramsay... I know he is an acquired taste, but he is definitely entertaining.... Kitchen Nightmares, F Word, Hells Kitchen etc.

Bad Cookery Programmes? Ready, Steady, Blah (anything with that annoying twit Ainsley Harriott) .... Food Poker ('nuff said)

Any likes/dislikes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

rachel allen is good enough
    jamie oliver (sometimes)
    masterchef (bbc2)

watched a bit of the live programme tonight with gordan ramsey and chris moyles cooking

used to watch uk food when i had sky

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love cookery programmes! My housemate mocks me for watching them. I don't have UKTV Food but when I'm down my boyfriend will bring me to his house so I can watch it on his tv.

I really like The Restaurant. Rachel Allen is good for simple recipes. (But also really annoying, especially when she makes quesadillas in every series. I think we know at this stage!)

I sometimes watch the Afternoon Show to see the cooking segment and I love Kevin Dundan and Oscar Lai, both of whom should get their own shows!

Advertisement