Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disneyland Florida

Options
  • 10-01-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All

im thinking of heading to Disneyland in March for midterm, with the family. 2 adults and 3 kids.

Anyone know of a travel agent or website that can book the whole thing? Indidictive costs?

Anyone been that could relate the experience?

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Can't answer where to book etc.. but one thing i can tell you is be prepared for awe... the main thing is the size. I have not been but my wife tried to explain after i asked her would 3 days not be enough? she said barely.. apparently its beyond massive.. i looked it up, its about the size of greater Manchester ffs! Its huge!!! so You will probably want to spend a week or so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

american holidays and tour america book all-inclusive packages to disneyland, you should contact them
    http://edition2a.intellimag.com/?id=amhol08
    http://www.touramerica.ie/

as for disneyworld itself like the previous poster mentioned it is huge, the entire area is bigger than greater dublin, Disneyworld consists of 4 main theme parks; magic kingdom (the most popular and best for younger children), animal kingdom (which is basically a giant safari park, its by far the biggest of the disney parks), epcot and hollywood studios (a working film set with loads of rides). Disneyworld also has two water parks (Blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon) and a huge entertainment area known as pleasure beach with numerous bars and nightclubs.

you would need at least a day to see EACH of the individual parks (you really cannot travel between parks on the same day as some are located miles away).

as for when to go i would not recommend going anywhere near disney in the month of march or early april this year, easter falls on March 23rd and all the american schools and colleges will have spring break in the two weeks before and after easter, which makes it the seconds biggest time of the year after christmas/new years, its a mess and queues for the top rides will be in excess of an hour :eek:

one other piece of advice when in florida make sure you take in seaworld, its an independent theme park about 10 miles north of disneyworld but its one of floridas best parks, the shows involving dolphins, killers whales, sealions and household animals are amazing, you and the whole family will love seaworld

• Registered Users Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭phog

We organised the Florida trip ourselves but found these site very helpful.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/

and

http://www.disboards.com/ Scroll down to the DIS UK section as I found this very good.

However you orgaise it it is certainly a trip of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Have been a few times at Easter over the last few years, and while it is very busy, the parks open early/stay open late.
    I booked with American Holidays, using Delta and a villa in West Orlando. However, that was booked about 6 months in advance. Then I booked independently, using Continental via Newark, and booking a villa off the net direct with the owner.
    Going direct with Aer Lingus this time, and using the same villa. The key to cheaper flights is booking early - i.e. 330 days in advance.
    Also be clear on what you want - i.e. hotel on International drive, villa in the suburbs of Orlando, direct flights, via Newark/Atlanta/London/Manchester?
    What do you want to do when you get there - mainly Disney, or Universal?
    Your budget will also have a big say in how you spend your time.
    I 2nd Seaworld! And also check out tripadvisor.com - Orlando forum.

PS - it's actually Walt Disney World (WDW) is Orlando!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 murphy_j

Thanks all

Some great advice there - will let yee know what we go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

lucky git:D

make sure to bring a good pair of walking shoes cause you will do some amount of walking beleive me.

and my best bit of advice is go to the boardwalk at night time for entertainment its great it is by universal.

we only found it on our last night there and were p...ed that we never knew about it before hand.

have a great holiday kids wont know what hit them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Panoramaholidays.ie fly direct to Orlando,Sanford airport. You'll need at least a week to see most things and thats still not enough really......you'll enjoy it either way and want to go back...if its for you (of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I think Panorma only fly in the summer + May+September, and only have 1 flight per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

We're going this Easter - went there 4 years ago at the same time of year, and thought it was an ideal time to go (although I'd nothing to compare it with!) Queues did get a little longer over the actual week of Easter, but you don't go to Orlando without expecting queues. Getting to the parks early and clever use of Fastpass system can minimise the amount of queuing.

I booked with American Holidays, same as last time. This time however I intend to purchase Theme park tickets in advance. The cheapest I can find online is www.mercurytravel.net - anyone used them before? I'm just a little reluctant to part with that kind of money online with a company I've never heard of.

Any feedback welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clonmelguy

Heading for the first time in June. Two adults and two teenagers so in effect we travel as 4 adults. Went to book through American holdays. Flights direct from Dub to Orlando would cost me almost €1,100 more than booking direct on aer lingus site!!!!!!! Rang hotel direct and booked over phone. Including car hire the difference between booking direct and the same holiday with American Hols is a little under €2,300. The difference between going and not .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seanuss1

Hi
    New to this site but enjoying it.
    Heading to Orlando end of May.
    Have booked flights and villa.
    Looking at tickets and nearly fell off chair at cost of them..
    Should have known..
    Anyone out there know the best value?
    Kids mad excited but Dad panicking...
    Cheers
    Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Im also heading back this year and am going to take in some of disney. Maybe Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We Done the otehr parks last time like Busch Gardens/ Seaworld etc. Wheres best for tickets for Disney. Can You buy the tickets just for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood or is it a whole package? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

have to agree book it all seperate being doing it for years and saved a fortune fly direct with aerlingus and then the hotel or villa just use trip advisor never let me down i am heading in may flights were 450 each direct and a 2 bed condo in the 5 star windsor hills resort 800 euro for the two weeks car hire 210 with avis sorted just my 2 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 celandinesmith

Hi,
    Family trip is the best way to make family bonding memorable and at the same time more enjoyable.The Walt Disney World resort is the area's largest attraction with its many facets such as the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Here is one i found on the tripadvisor website.

www.tickettrips.co.uk/mastercard
    password: NATWEST

Seems like some good value for tickets also I have a post here asking similar questions that you might be interested in. I booked for 9th May for 2 weeks flights and accom for 720 with ebookers

Hope that helps

Advertisement