Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonest/negligent repairs

Options
  • 10-12-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im not sure what to do.I sent an mp3 player to gmssolutions ltd to be fixed.It was for a broken button on my 20 gig ipod worth quite abit of money.I was told that that it was a common problem and was fixable for a cost of 75 euro-(with a no fix/no charge guarantee) plus they have a 30 day warrantee on all repairs

Three weeks later got a text message to say that it was fixed,handed over 75 euros in the knowledge that it was fixed.Went home to try and charge it up,no response whatsoever from charger

Brought back machine,to the same guy"who claims to be the manager of the company,and also answers all calls to the phone registed on their site".

Get a phone call two weeks later that the machine is beyond repair and that i would have to pay 25 euros charge for their technician to have a look at it again!

1.my 300 euro mp3 player is now unfixable/junk
    2.they gave me back an unfixed mp3,stating that it was in working order and took my money
    3.they want to charge me 25 euros,even though on their website it states"We have a NO FIX - NO FEE policy on ALL iPod repairs!"
    4.I can't get through to them on any of the phones listed on their website!? a mobile number is switched off,and the other number rings out

I haven't collected the player yet.The last conversation i had with the "manager" he said that he would send it off for someone to look at it and that it would take 2 weeks,my warranty will be up by then!

My questions are how do i find out contact information for the companys managers or CEO so i can make an officual complaint,and if I can't find that...is there any organisation that i should contact to warn other people of their practices?

Any comments appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Did you buy the iPod from this company? If not, why didn't you bring it back to the retailer - your contract is with them. The fact that you got someone else to try to fix it may void your warranty with the retailer.
    As far as the 75 euro goes, they are in breach of contract and you are entitled to a full refund. You could also possibly claim for the damage they caused. Small claims court may have to be invoked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Did you buy the iPod from this company? If not, why didn't you bring it back to the retailer - your contract is with them. The fact that you got someone else to try to fix it may void your warranty with the retailer.
    As far as the 75 euro goes, they are in breach of contract and you are entitled to a full refund. You could also possibly claim for the damage they caused. Small claims court may have to be invoked...

Hi,

the mp3 players warranty had lapsed with the place where i had bought it orignally,but i foolishly believed that this company would be reliable

Thanks,i will consider the claims court but not sure it is worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would definitely investigate the small claims route, but only after you try again to get some satisfaction from the repair place.

As a consumer, you are entitled to expect a repair to be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I can't find any GMS solutions which might be your one - have you a link to a website or something?

If you want to get info about the company, if they're Irish do a search on the CRO website (or if you know what country they're in, the companies office of that country).
    Once you find the company details, click on 'List company submission' to get a list of the documents available. It might cost you 2.50 or so to get the relevant document.

Also, if they have a website, you might be able to get info on who has the domain registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Dudara-THanks,I'm getting the ipod back next week so we'll see how it goes,he has no interest in giving me back my full refund even though its written in bold on his site!

MOH-Cheers,thats a great site!i maytry and get that info next week depending on how things go

heres the link to the their page by the way
    here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iPodRepairs

Hi guys. I would just like to point out that **** and ipodrepairs.ie are two completely different companies. I run iPod Repairs Ireland who operate through the latter website. Understandably many people dont notice the subtle difference in the domain names when reading forums such as this one and many people think that many of these negative posts are about my company. I have a number of people giving me iPods and begging me not to screw them over like they read about on various forums. I just felt it was time to point out to people that we are a different company and so I am trying to find the forums customers have told me about and point out the difference.

I hope this is acceptable to the administrators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

sxt wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im not sure what to do.I sent an mp3 player to gmssolutions ltd to be fixed.It was for a broken button on my 20 gig ipod worth quite abit of money.I was told that that it was a common problem and was fixable for a cost of 75 euro-(with a no fix/no charge guarantee) plus they have a 30 day warrantee on all repairs

Three weeks later got a text message to say that it was fixed,handed over 75 euros in the knowledge that it was fixed.Went home to try and charge it up,no response whatsoever from charger

Brought back machine,to the same guy"who claims to be the manager of the company,and also answers all calls to the phone registed on their site".

Get a phone call two weeks later that the machine is beyond repair and that i would have to pay 25 euros charge for their technician to have a look at it again!

1.my 300 euro mp3 player is now unfixable/junk
    2.they gave me back an unfixed mp3,stating that it was in working order and took my money
    3.they want to charge me 25 euros,even though on their website it states"We have a NO FIX - NO FEE policy on ALL iPod repairs!"
    4.I can't get through to them on any of the phones listed on their website!? a mobile number is switched off,and the other number rings out

I haven't collected the player yet.The last conversation i had with the "manager" he said that he would send it off for someone to look at it and that it would take 2 weeks,my warranty will be up by then!

My questions are how do i find out contact information for the companys managers or CEO so i can make an officual complaint,and if I can't find that...is there any organisation that i should contact to warn other people of their practices?

Any comments appreciated

its doubtful you are going to get anywhere complaining about something which is quite probably a 1 man company

If 1 man answers the phones,does the repairs,calls himself the manager and does everything else hes likely the company director as well

you could try writing a letter but youd probably be wriiting to the same man youve been speaking to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

that other site that the op used even looks dodgy and wasn't there a thread somewhere about phonevolts and other companies all owned by the same person who buys dodgey phones and unlocks them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH Get a more distinctive domain name if the cowboys are causing your company name to be damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

TBH Get a more distinctive domain name if the cowboys are causing your company name to be damaged.

that woudnt stop them copying his new domain as well unless he buys all the possibilites

• Advertisement
Advertisement