Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin superglued to pavement

Options
  • 03-11-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever superglued a coin to the pavement and then sat in their car to watch elderly people trying desperately to pick up the coin? Not me BTW, I think it's deplorable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

vektarman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever superglued a coin to the pavement and then sat in their car to watch elderly people trying desperately to pick up the coin? Not me BTW, I think it's deplorable.

yes

:D

2 euro coin is the best as the pound coin gone, best done on a laminate floory tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've seen it done in my local.

Fun was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes; and a bar counter and...mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Seen it on some of those hidden camera shows not that long ago and there was also one where there was a string tied to a dollar bill and people following it. :)

Some clowns from out my way with a fiver on a fishing rod.

I know a couple of the people in the vid, but not the classy guys drinking Bavaria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Bastards. Nontheless, I shall continue to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

The reason I'm asking is because of a strange sight that I saw to-day, an old lady was kicking at something on the ground, I assumed she had trapped a rat and was kicking it to death, the truth was much worse, someone had done a dartardly deed and superglued a two euro coin to the ground, she moved on in frustration so I watched for a few minutes to see what happened, a pattern emerged, every young person ignored it but every elderly person was attracted like a magnet to it, is this a sympton of old age or do they just like shiney objects?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I used to live in a ground floor appartment in Ranelagh and the sitting room window was about 10 feet from the pavement. We superglued a €2 coin to the footpath and it provided weeks of laughter... Some lad got pissed off one day and came back with a hammer and took it along with a chunk of the footpath!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Best joke ever. When I worked in Footlocker we glued one to the floor right at the entrance to the shop. It wasn't just old people who fell for it. The angry reactions of skangers were a sight to be hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I did it years ago with a 2/- piece in the bathroom at home, great laugh with visiting relatives.

• Advertisement

Hehe.
    Hagar is old.

Terry wrote: »
    Hehe.
    Hagar is old.
    He forgot to mention the coin had Queen Victoria's head on it :D

During the summer I glued a number of coins outside the shop I work in. Watching people desperately try to pick it up has kept me entertained for the past four months. One old woman was so desperate for a two cent piece that she ended up putting her hip out, while another younger more inbred type spent nearly an hour picking and pulling at it before finally giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ruu wrote: »
    there was a string tied to a dollar bill and people following it. :)

Sounds like something that happened to me. Was in America walking to the pub one night with two friends and there was dollar note on the ground, so naturally I went to pick it up as I was walking..but it moved as I went to grab it(wind i thought:rolleyes:) then it flew into a doorway on the right and there was two lads sitting on a stairs with the dollar bill stuck to a fish-rod laughn..I jumped/let out a bit of a scream, didn't expect anyone to be there!!:o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Ha, legendary. Going to do this tomorrow in the local shoppinmg centre ... and before anyone asks I'm off for the week and bored ouvit ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No, but I've seen guys in a pub dropping a note beside someone, asking the person if they dropped some money, then pulling the note away with their foot as the person goes to pick it up. hohoho. I could afford to find it mildly amusing at the time because when they asked me, honest me said it wasn't mine :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Not a very exciting place to live, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Best joke in the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I used to work in a hotel years ago and the chefs got great pleasure out of heating up a pound coin on the stove and leaving it on the floor where all the waiters pass by.
    Needless to say many greedy members of staff had a few blisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I know a couple of the people in the vid, but not the classy guys drinking Bavaria.

Jesus some of that laughing sounds strained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Reminds me of back in the 80's, in Bartley Dunnes. There was a 50p stuck to the floor, and it was hilarious watching people trying to get it. It was probably still there when they tore the old place down to make way for Break for the Border.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Bros123 wrote: »
    I used to work in a hotel years ago and the chefs got great pleasure out of heating up a pound coin on the stove and leaving it on the floor where all the waiters pass by.
    Needless to say many greedy members of staff had a few blisters

Greedy?

What do non-greedy people leave money on the floor!?

That guy's just sick

Advertisement