Saris in Dublin? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2007, 21:00   #1
Maxthedm

Saris in Dublin?

My debs is coming up in a month and a half, and I don't have a dress yet. I recently saw some Indians in saris, and I would love to wear one for my debs. Does anyone know of any Indian garment shop where I can get a sari?
Advertisement
04-09-2007, 21:27   #2
txt_mess

Used to be a shop/stall in George's street arcade that did them not sure if it's still there though.

Either that or a trip to camden :-)
04-09-2007, 22:10   #3
Maxthedm

Thanks, I'll try there tomorrow. Here's hoping they still do em
04-09-2007, 23:53   #4
fatal

try a shop called "libaas" on clanbrassil street upper
05-09-2007, 15:00   #5
Corruptedmorals

My friend wore a sari for our debs on Monday, but she gots hers from India. You could try online? Could get it in less than 2 weeks. Most would be 4 weeks...so you'd be grand.
Advertisement
05-09-2007, 16:51   #6
Orlee

The one is Georges Arcade is more Chinese dresses then Indian Saris afaik and they are gorgeous
06-09-2007, 15:37   #7
sparkle sparkle

There's a shop on Mary street you could try and I heard there's one in the Nutgrove shopping centre. It's probably best to get one on-line as you have more of a choice. Failing that you could always go to London for the day. There's a big Indian area in Wimbledon with lots of authentic Indian shops. You'd get a great selection over there. Good luck
07-09-2007, 19:57   #8
Maxthedm

Unfortunately I can't buy anything online, I don't have a credit card, and I don't think I'd be able to go to London anytime soon... I'll try your suggestions, thank you XD
21-09-2007, 15:09   #9
aminahb

there is hope!

the shop in Georges St arcade does sell sari's but they are the traditional red silk ones that weigh a ton but are incredibly beautiful.They are kept in the back,so ask one of the women to have a look. always check the stitching of the embroidery aswell,because they will happily sell you something without notifying you of defects (which nearly happened to me).also,double check zips,and buttons.
they on occasion have skirts that are made from old sari's,but you need to check back regularly if you want one thats really good quality. generally go for one that is heavy as opposed to light when you pick it up. again, check the stitching.
the good thing about the skirts is that you are free to buy any top of your choice,and something like a black corset/bodice would look amazing with the right skirt.
the shop "Libaas" on clanbrassil street is Pakistani owned,so they sell the "shalwarkameez" which is not a sari at all.they are trouser suits, they do however sell indian style skirt suits,but they are not made well and tend to be a bit OTT with their colours. BUT they do sell indian jewellery sets for about €20 which is much better then the prices in Georges Street.
but have a look at both shops and see what you reckon. but honestly,whatever you do....dont forget to check the stitching!
Advertisement
18-10-2007, 23:49   #10
mnaseermohiuddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthedm View Post
My debs is coming up in a month and a half, and I don't have a dress yet. I recently saw some Indians in saris, and I would love to wear one for my debs. Does anyone know of any Indian garment shop where I can get a sari?
you can get saries in Libaas asian Boutique on 45 Upper Clanbrissal Street
lot of New saries in shope Contact No. 014736750
19-10-2007, 09:49   #11
Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthedm View Post
Unfortunately I can't buy anything online, I don't have a credit card, and I don't think I'd be able to go to London anytime soon... I'll try your suggestions, thank you XD
How about getting one of those V3 cards? Basically they are a credit card except that you get them in shops and you have to pre-load money onto them first to use them.

My brother uses them the whole time to shop online

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion