Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Jersey - removing name?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Got a new football jersey as a present but it came with writing on the back where the name goes. Anyone know how to remove it without leaving a mark? I think it was just ironed on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

You'll be doing well to get it off without leaving a mark I'm afraid if it's heat applied vinyl, it's designed not to come off... if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them also, I'm a tshirt printer and very occasionally things don't go according to plan, there is a spray that came from the supplier that's meant to dissolve the adhesive, used it once, but it destroyed the garment itself, the colour just ran out of it! If there's a cock up now it's either print a patch over it or buy a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

Yeah the above post is correct - there's no guaranteed way to get it off. I worked in a clothing factory making jerseys and if there was a new sponsor for example we had to press a patch over the old sponsor with the new text. There is a spray available as the above post says but its toxic stuff. The girls on the floor used it once and refused to use it ever again - one girl had blisters on her hand from where the spray soaked through the material and both were complaining about dizziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Curious - what shirt and name is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Curious - what shirt and name is it?
    My mate and i always get the worst fake jersey we can find for the other when we go on holiday. He couldn't find a fake last time so he got me a real Liverpool one, the team i support, but to be funny he decided to get 'NOT FAKE' printed on the back and ruined it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 debsky

You can remove a name on a jersey with nail polish remover. It takes a lot of rubbing and scraping with your fingernails, but patience and persistance will pay off. I've done about 6 jerseys, so I know it can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

cheers i'll give it a try.

Advertisement