Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 24-05-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I mostly shoot sg at clays, pigeons, rough shooting game, the odd organised shoot, vermin and do a bit abroad. I recently started using a .22lr on vermin and targets. I have insurance with NARGC, Countryside Alliance, CPSA and ISPCA. It seems to me like ive too much insurance and it is costing me a bomb!!!! Will one insurance cover me for all the types of shooting I do????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Countryside Alliance are the way to go as much as I dislike the organisation - they also cover you for other field sports which is a major bonus.

With the NARGC you're at your clubs mercy when it comes to renewal time - the last two years in a row I've been shooting uninsured for 3 and 4 months respectively - your protection ends on 31/07 - I always hand the fee to the club in early July but they don't submit the renewal until all are paid up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

thelurcher wrote:
    Countryside Alliance are the way to go as much as I dislike the organisation - they also cover you for other field sports which is a major bonus.

Yep, I'm with CAI for those very reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i just go with the gun club. no harm keeping in with the click

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

the ISPCA? do insurance for hunting?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

BryanL wrote:
    the ISPCA? do insurance for hunting?

Ditto??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ok can someone answer this question?

Do any of the insurance companies insure your equipment while out shooting or against theft aswell as the personal cover under one policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

I'd doubt that such a clause is explicit in any current insurance contract, but you would probably be able to negotiate with an agent if you really want to see if it's at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Check your house insurance. Most will cover listed sporting goods for all risks as long as you specify them on your proposal.

I'd say he means the ICPSA - I'm with them as well but I think the scope of their insurance policy is very narrow - i.e. you're only covered at an ICPSA sanctioned club.

I use IFA insurance.. it has legal insurance (which I don't think CAI have) and it covers me when I'm on the horse as well..

Plus the girl said that it covers me at all times for all types of shooting..

• Advertisement

iainnash - didn't know they do it too - does it cover you on the range? If so do many ranges accept it?

According to the girl, I'm covered when shooting. Full stop.

I queried them about this, and it covers me in ranges as well as when I am out on the land. As long as I hold a licence for the gun, I'm fine.

Advertisement