Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Racists prefer Asian films!?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Hagar wrote:
    Just wondering, are there any Black Racist sites out there?
    It would be interesting to get the reverse perspective.

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/index.php

There was a Pakistani racist from Galway on boards a while back that was also on the above forum. I signed up but was banned for being white. Got a few death threats too. Insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4144725&postcount=102
    He couldn't possible mean this site could he? no way.

Jesus, someone send that kid back to art class pronto!
    http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/index.php

There was a Pakistani racist from Galway on boards a while back that was also on the above forum. I signed up but was banned for being white. Got a few death threats too. Insane

Oh ****ing hell, I remember that nutcase! :eek:

Threatened to kill me too, but over PM here, aswell as saying some very, very vile things. He was duly banned and never heard from again, thank god.

Ah-ha! Here is said nutcase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hagar wrote:
    Just wondering, are there any Black Racist sites out there?
    It would be interesting to get the reverse perspective.
    funny Louis Theroux Clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYvDn095Ew

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4148697&postcount=108

Oh, and for the Stormfront types that are reading this, no I'm not "Criticising" you. Even you have to admit the idea of white racists prefering Asian films ironic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Those forums are so sick. Its not far off having a forums for child molesters to chat about their sick ****, and then moan about freedom of speech if people want to shut it down?!!?!? Feckin sick basterds, I am so ashamed that theres an irish section on those forums :mad:

Its insanity that in this day and age, such backwardness is still around:rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Those forums are so sick. Its not far off having a forums for child molesters to chat about their sick ****, and then moan about freedom of speech if people want to shut it down?!!?!? Feckin sick basterds, I am so ashamed that theres an irish section on those forums :mad:

Its insanity that in this day and age, such backwardness is still around:rolleyes: :(
    Nah, stormfront are harmless. They don't actually do anything, they just moan and bitch all of the time. There are far far worse WN groups out there who are actually dangerous.

I wont give names or post links to any as they simply don't deserve to get any publicity, good or bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Blowfish wrote:
    There are far far worse WN groups out there who are actually dangerous.

Not in Ireland though?

Not in Ireland though?
    Thankfully I haven't come accross any which are specifically based in Ireland, however there are a few which cover the whole of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Playing Devils Advocate:
    Stormfront has as much right to exist on the internet, as its members have the right to express their opinions. You may not like them, but freedom of speech works both ways. You cannot profess to support freedom of speech and then shoot someone else down for saying something that you dont like.

Playing Devils Advocate:
    Stormfront has as much right to exist on the internet, as its members have the right to express their opinions. You may not like them, but freedom of speech works both ways. You cannot profess to support freedom of speech and then shoot someone else down for saying something that you dont like.
    I'm pretty sure freedom of speech wouldn't cover incitement to hatred though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it should, otherwise it's just not freedom of speech is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

You cannot profess to support freedom of speech and then shoot someone else down for saying something that you dont like.
    We have as much a right to bitch about it as they do to say it in the first place.
    On the subject of WN groups, I did once see a chap in full KKK style gear standing on Grafton street holding a little sign that something about immigration.

Mordeth wrote:
    it should, otherwise it's just not freedom of speech is it?
    There is no such thing as complete freedom of speech. Just look at the stickys on top of every forum for an example.

[edit] wiki says that in freedom of speech in Ireland exists "providing that it may not be used to undermine "public order or morality or the authority of the State".

@Crucifix: Thats true, what I ment was, that, just because people may not like Stormfront, does not give them the right to seek the sites closure, even if the majority consider it offensive. But, it means that people who dont like the site or its members are free to bitch and moan about it and so on.
    Voltairre once said:
    I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it

@Blowfish: Boards.ie is a privately run site, and the individuals involved are free to set the policies by which its members can use it, if that means curtailing free speech to avoid legal issues so be it. Stormfront is the same, and they are protected by the US first amendment, which guarentees their freedom to do what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Are these stormfront lads the ones who were photo'd up the mountains pitching each tents and doing other such gay activities?

I'll stop being a self-amused ****-stirrer, as the Stormfronters like to call me, for a minute, and be serious...
    Blowfish wrote:
    I'm pretty sure freedom of speech wouldn't cover incitement to hatred though.

Incitement to hatred is one of the most vague ideas of modern times. What exactly is hatred defined as in the eyes of the law? Who defines it as such? What exactly constitutes as incitement?

And personally, I think hatred is a pretty basic human right. There are some people out there that I absolutely hate, and who's business is it of anyone's whether or not I hate anyone? It's my right to take an intense dislike to someone.

Oh, and should incitement to hatred cover you lot who quite obviously hate these stormfronters?

Incitement to hatred is one of the most vague ideas of modern times. What exactly is hatred defined as in the eyes of the law? Who defines it as such? What exactly constitutes as incitement?

And personally, I think hatred is a pretty basic human right. There are some people out there that I absolutely hate, and who's business is it of anyone's whether or not I hate anyone? It's my right to take an intense dislike to someone.

Oh, and should incitement to hatred cover you lot who quite obviously hate these stormfronters?
    Thats true, I should have qualified it correctly as incitement to racial hatred, which is actually illegal under UK law, and not protected under freedom of speech. I'm not sure how its handled here, or in the US where stormfront appears to be based though.

They just need a hug

Blowfish wrote:
    Thats true, I should have qualified it correctly as incitement to racial hatred

But what counts as that?

I mean, if a paper reports on a black person who has committed a crime, could that not incite someone to hate said person? So should information like be supressed under incitement to racial hatred?

• Advertisement

But what counts as that?

I mean, if a paper reports on a black person who has committed a crime, could that not incite someone to hate said person? So should information like be supressed under incitement to racial hatred?
    Good question, and I'll fully admit that when it comes to laws and interpretation of them I am completely clueless.

AFAIK a lot of it ends up being down to judges and previous cases, which is why you have the whole 'precedent' thing. Once one judge rules something not ok, judgements after follow fairly close to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

They just need a hug

Lets go talk to the lads at united colours of beniton, i'm sure we could convince them to send a few people around for a massive multicultural group hug.

Nothing in the world a group hug couldn't solve.

Nothing in the world a group hug couldn't solve.

Leprosy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I'm appauled people want to ban stormfront.
    You do that & we'll have to start bannign everything that offends someone - ever see the South Park Mohammed episode?

If you look at the structure & logic of the arguments made by stormfront members you can see they're idiots. I'm confident they're actually speeding up the acceptance of immigrants, integration & mixed race families.

Look at the Westboro Baptist Church. People see how disgraceful they are & think "hey - those gays aren't so bad"

I'm appauled people want to ban stormfront.
    You do that & we'll have to start bannign everything that offends someone - ever see the South Park Mohammed episode?

If you look at the structure & logic of the arguments made by stormfront members you can see they're idiots. I'm confident they're actually speeding up the acceptance of immigrants, integration & mixed race families.

Look at the Westboro Baptist Church. People see how disgraceful they are & think "hey - those gays aren't so bad"
    Agreed, and I saw that episode, dont get me started on the Westboro church, I dont even recognise it as a church, they are no better then those fanatical muslims who have nothing better to do then twist religion into a means to an end; a way of getting what they want.

Advertisement