Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Insurance

Options
  • 16-11-2006 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm wondering is there any insurance companies providing insurance cover for firearm licence holders who are not NARGC gunclub members. I know the Countryside Alliance have a policy, does anyone have any experience / comments on how good it is. Would it be acceptable as cover for applying to lease Collite forestries?

The Villain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm. Wouldn't you have to have had NARGC and CAI insurance and have had accidents under both to be able to judge that?

Personally, I'm with CAI and I've never had any problems with them, but I've never had to make a claim either, and I've never been asked for proof of insurance by anyone so I don't know how widely they're accepted. Most clubs I know of use them though (most clubs I know would be target shooting, not hunting, so they wouldn't be with the NARGC insurance scheme, even though it's now open to target shooters).

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭The Villain

Sparks,

A casual game shooter who shoots on lands as an inited guest would not need to have had either NARGC membership and insurance (compensation fund), or taken out insurance through CAI to be able to do this type of shooting. I've never had a claim (thank God, and touch wood, and all that). My question basically was is there 'regular' insurance companies providing insurance for game shooting.

As regards leasing Coillte lands for shooting, one's insurance policy must exceed several million euro in any one claim (don't remember the exact figure). Would the CAI poliy be suitable for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My card here says €7 million public liability, €40,000 personal accident cover and €20,000 accidental death cover, approximately (approximately because it's converted from sterling to euro so it fluctuates with the exchange rate).

IFA also do it,

They the same as CA, however they also offer up to 7,000,000 (or so) legal insurance in case you are sued

Advertisement