Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks nightclub

Options
  • 04-09-2006 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened with that place (on Pearse St)? It seemed to be very popular, longs queues to get in most nights and then suddenly closed. Was never there myself but heard it was supposed to be alright.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

No idea what happened to it and I was never there but mates of mine used to go when it first opened and said it was alright.

By the way, I've suggested that this post be moved to the Dublin City forum, might have better luck there. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It was muck, and a meat market not unlike any other super pub out there. The 2 times I was there it seemed, in large, to be populated by people boardering on illegally young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

So whats the venue doing now, are they going to re open it as a nightclub?

ffs, this joint, the Tivoli is gone, Redbox is apparently going to be alot smaller, theyre fcuking ruining the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

It was muck, and a meat market not unlike any other super pub out there. The 2 times I was there it seemed, in large, to be populated by people boardering on illegally young.

But the weird thing was that it was generally packed. So, why did it close? If they're making money you'd think they'd stay open. Must've either had complaints or something happened there, or maybe they weren't making money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Towards the end it was always empty. I remember going on a couple of Friday's and Saturday's with some friends, and the upstairs parts weren't even open, just the odd table downstairs with people around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I used to go there back in the day, must be 5 years ago now and it was deadly, always packed too. As far as I know it was closed because the bouncers beat up some guy who turned out to be a TD's son and the TD has thrown up loads of problems for the owners because of it - thats just the rumour I've heard most though, I cant 100% say its true. Its certainly not still "being done up, open in a few months" like they used to say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think it just died a death to be honest. Like what Seansouth said, it really was quiet at times. They brought in pool tables later, but that didnt really work.
    One of the bouncers was a pr*ck towards on of my mates for no reason and we all just ignored the place. I heard something about the above rumour too.
    Still a great location for a club / cafe / restaurant though. Shame it isnt being used

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i hear lots of rumours

1. its got done for underage serving(not suprising)
    2. something bout the lack of location for a smoking area(proximity to firestation and what not)
    3. the td one also

it was the best club i ever went to in ireland when it was at its peak, used to be so much fun...i miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

went every fri/sat night for a few months towards the end of in 2002, used to be great. one of those places where you didn't need to organise a night out, you just knew people would be there.

then it died. and i went to college. and i discovered 92.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kco3d

The place was robbed....inside job......~20,000 I think. Not exactly sure about the figure.....I'm sure that lead to its demise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

So, no really clear reason as to why it closed. Robbed, TD's son, underage serving etc. I'd say it was a combination of a couple of the above, probably not the underage serving cause that's unlikey to completely close a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Fireworks used to be a great laugh when I was in 6th year. Don't know what happened to it in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not happy with some of the comments in this thread, so I'm locking it to avoid any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement