Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-08-2006, 11:47   #1
gmailer

Theme Parks in Florida

Heading to florida in a few weeks and was wondering about the theme park and which is best to go to, everyone says steer clear of disney for some reason, is it that bad? I hear Busch Gardens is much better..
also is it better to purchase tickets for the parks here or when i get over there, cheers!
Advertisement
07-08-2006, 15:38   #2
Cutie18Ireland

Send a message via MSN to Cutie18Ireland
the tickets over there are cheap enough!!

we did universal, seaworld, islands of adventure and wet n wild!! ... u can get a ticket for all 4 theme parks its called a 4 park orlando flex ticket or theres a five park one aswell

http://www.universalorlando.com/tic_multi_park.html

Seaworld is a must!! as were the other 3!! really was a great ticket for the price!

or if ur just looking for one or teo parks try here... http://www.universalorlando.com/tickets.html
the deals there seem really good!
hope you have a ball!!

we tried to go to disney at night just to see the fireworks but you can't do that any more... i would have loved to have seen disney as eurodisney was excellent! ah well maybe next time lol
07-08-2006, 16:52   #3
Naked Lepper

disney is good for the kids, it has a few big rides too tho
epcot is quite boring, no thrill rides really
mgm is alright (probs the best out of them for rides) has tower or terror and test track thing
magic kingdom is where splash mt. and thunder mt. are, the classic disney scenery etc characters etc, best park if u have kids

wet n wild on international drive is the best water park, ya have to go there if in orlando area

busch gardens in tampa (about 1hour drive) is just rollercoaster after rollercoaster, great park if ur into thrill rides

island of adventure (universal 2) is also good for rollercoasters, just like universal studios it is but with bigger faster rides
08-08-2006, 15:33   #4
daveg

Send a message via Yahoo to daveg
Heading back to Florida end of October. It'll be my forth time visiting. Fantasic place.

Disney parks are superb for kids. Best thing in the world to bring kids to. If you don;t have kids don't bother.

For Rollercoasters busche Gardens (half theme park half zoo) and Islands of advernture would be the best imo. Superb parks.

I haven't been to Universal Studios of a few years (was in the L.A. one in January this year). Would not be my favourite park tbh and would not have the most extreme of rides.

Don't discount seaworld. This is a superb park with a good few rollercoasters. This park is owned by the same owners of Busche Gardens so you can buy a good value ticket for both.

Please note all the parks are in the Orlando area except for Busche Gardens which is in Tampa (about 1 1/2 hours drive).

One other thing check to see if Universal or Busche Gardens are doing the Holloween party's while your there. I have booked tickets for our trip in October. It's supposed to be excellent. Runs from Sept - Nov.

Finally this place is supposed to be excellent for tickets:

http://www.park-tickets.com/
10-08-2006, 12:13   #5
gmailer

thankf for that ticket link, pretty good value...
Advertisement
12-08-2006, 19:06   #6
deisemum

We're going next February. If you want to swim with dolphins then try Discovery Cove. It's fairly expensive but you get a day in the place, buffet lunch/drinks and you get a time for your dolphin swim as they only take 1000 people per day. Your ticket also allows you 7 days at either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens
12-08-2006, 19:14   #7
daveirl

Send a message via Skype™ to daveirl
Get the Flex Ticket thing, go to the two Universal Theme Parks, Seaworld and Busch Gardens. Don't bother with Disney unless you have young kids.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion