Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sprite ad????

Options
  • 27-07-2006 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what song they use on the new sprite ad. they are driving through a desert in a truck and then they jump off the back into the sand which turns into the water. It sounds U2'sih ? bit its not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

irishguy wrote:
    Does anyone know what song they use on the new sprite ad. they are driving through a desert in a truck and then they jump off the back into the sand which turns into the water. It sounds U2'sih ? bit its not
    I heard that one last night too. catchy... and yes its
    indie/alternative vocal sounds like the U2 genre but definitely not U2

I caught a little bit of the lyric.. something like "come on down"...
    "to our beautiful mess" or something similar.
    I googled for lyrics and there was some band called Diamond Rio
    who had a song called Beautiful Mess but the rest of the lyrics
    don't seem to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

This is the ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-98phnHxi4&search=sprite%20ad

but the music is totally different, cant find anything on the net about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Different ad too, for some reason there is an Australian/New zealand, Uk/Ireland, USA/Canada and Japan/China version of the ad, all with different actors and music. The Jap/Chinese song is a translated version of a real famous english song (that I can't think of the name of) , the USA/Canadian song is made exclusively for the ad, its sung by Evermore and called something like falling down, and the Irish/British version I understand is also written just for the add by an unknown (to me ) band, the song is called come on up, and the band is under the employment of Human.com or something like that, they make music exclusivly for ads/tv programs/ films. <aybe that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Thanks for all the info, ill have a look around for it

Advertisement