Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Headsup Quarter Finals

Options
  • 19-07-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭

Down to last 8

Hectorjelly
    }
    }
    ----}
    }
    }
    CoD

fattony99
    }
    }
    ----}
    }
    }
    DeVore

Imposter
    }
    }
    ----}
    }
    }
    Davey Devil

CharlieAsh
    }
    }
    ----}
    }
    }
    rag2gar

Complete spreadsheet

headsup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hectorjelly 7/4f (proven credentials in better grade, off peak in previous
    rounds but coming to the fore at the right time. Obvious claims)

CoD 7/2 (Last years winner, unfavourable draw this round which is his
    greatest problem but will be short odds if he gets through. Capable).

DeVore 4/1
    (Some pieces of form in graded company, live games are the key
    to this horses chances but unlikely to encounter this in next
    round. Nevertheless sound claims on all known form)

Imposter 9/2 (Seasoned handicapper and dual purpose individual. Not the best
    draw but ideally weighted to run his race. Goes well fresh and travels well)

Davey Devil 9/2 (unexposed sort but capable of going close on very best form
    if allowed to dictate at the head of affairs)

rag2gar 13/2 (Another unexposed sort capable of springing a surprise or two
    on the way. Will need things to go his way.Chances)

fattony99 15/2 (A revelation on previous form but this race might come too
    too soon this time around. Chances on previous form)

CharlieAsh 15/2 (Creditable performance so far. Not without chances but a
    quick pace is essential. Up further in class though claims on
    very best form. *Tongue strap and first time visor*)

probable S.P's - Prices guide only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Good luck CharlieAsh, hope I have the excuse I lost to the winner ;)

p.s, I might lay hj if anyones interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

GL to the final 8

Would love to see a live final to this tbh...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Next round predictions... (god this is tough!).

Cod vs HJ: HJ has the edge heads up but CoD is not to be underestimated. HJ on account of HU experience.

DeV vs Fattony99: Bit of a conflict of interest in predicting this one. I know who *I'm* up for though :)

Imposter vs DD: This is another tough one to call. Both have good HU games and I think the cards will determine this one. Gun to head, I pick Imposter for his online experience. Tough one though...

rag2gar vs Charlieash: I dont know either of these players but seeing how he beat NTLBell in the last round, I pick Charlieash.

Now, if my predictions come true, that leaves us with the interesting battle of me versus HJ.

I feel an image link coming on....
    koonutkaliffee.gif

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CharlieAsh

Thanks Phantom.Good luck to everyone.

I,ve sent a pm to Rag2gar with my number and hopefully we will get our game sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm sorting out my game with Fattony. I will have to play from Vegas by the looks of things!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Any updates, lads?
    If playing online post the site/time/etc details so we can hurl abuse^H^H^H^H cheer you on

rag2gar and myself at a 1-1 stalemate at the moment after an hour and a half. We will have the decider later tonight on VegasBaby. I'll edit this post with the time of the game later. Not feeling too confident as he seems to be able to read me like a book. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Your pm folder is full Imposter, I can play Thursday evening. I'll be on from 7pm.

When do we need to have this round over by? I'm going to have some problems with time zones etc but I will facilitate fattony and play at a time that suits him (11am for me, 7pm for him or something like that so it shouldnt be too bad...). I just want to avoid days when the WSOP is on if possible.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

p.s, I might lay hj if anyones interested...

What price phantom ?

careca wrote:
    What price phantom ?

I'll offer rounders guide price of 7/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Davey Devil beat me 2-1. I did my best to outdraw him but finally my silly plays caught up with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

HJ is in Vegas till the 11th, so we'll have to play after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Anybody actully taking bets on this?

Phantom Lord-are you only laying the top?

Prices please if you are laying others

DeVore wrote:
    When do we need to have this round over by? I'm going to have some problems with time zones etc but I will facilitate fattony and play at a time that suits him (11am for me, 7pm for him or something like that so it shouldnt be too bad...). I just want to avoid days when the WSOP is on if possible.

DeV.

What with the WSOP and the August Bank Holiday, how about finishing this by August 16th?
    jd

I'm back on the 13th so if Fattony99 will wait until then it would obviously suit me better. I dont know which way is up or down at the moment :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭fattony99

DeVore wrote:
    I'm back on the 13th so if Fattony99 will wait until then it would obviously suit me better. I dont know which way is up or down at the moment :)

DeV.

No problem at all, just keep the updates coming, esp on the hotties thread!

Rag2gar has just sent me packing with a 10 minute deciding game. I flopped 2 pair and slow played myself into his straight. Well played Gary.........you better win it now.:D

rag2gar wrote:
    Anybody actully taking bets on this?

Phantom Lord-are you only laying the top?

Prices please if you are laying others

At the mo it's just hj, I might do the others if I take money on him.

• Advertisement

CharlieAsh wrote:
    Rag2gar has just sent me packing with a 10 minute deciding game. I flopped 2 pair and slow played myself into his straight. Well played Gary.........you better win it now.:D
    Hard luck-
    chart updated, 2 games left this round..
    enjoy the WSOP ME and the Bank Holiday.
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

What is the plan for the semis.

Perhaps two live semi finals and a final somewhere, somenight??

any plans for those 2 matches?
    jd

I'm back now and will make contact with Fattony immediately.

DeV.

Sorry my PMs didnt popup and say I had some, didnt realise.

Trying to arrange....

Fattony and I will be playing on GreenJokerPoker tonight sometime after 8pm, we are arranging the match at 8 in www.antesup.com/chat if anyone is interested.

DeV.

2-0 to me. Fun game with Fattony. Nothing went his way though and I pressured him at the right points. Then just to add insult to injury, down 1-0 and half his stack gone, I made a horrible play (in hindsight) and unmercifully lucked out to finish it. It wasnt pretty but I'll gloss right over that bit... *ahem*.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    2-0 to me. Fun game with Fattony. Nothing went his way though and I pressured him at the right points. Then just to add insult to injury, down 1-0 and half his stack gone, I made a horrible play (in hindsight) and unmercifully lucked out to finish it. It wasnt pretty but I'll gloss right over that bit... *ahem*.

DeV.

updated..
    calling hector and COD???

headsup.jpg

Yeh, playing 2moro, 5pm. (9am from my vegas hotel room!)

• Advertisement

CoD wrote:
    Yeh, playing 2moro, 5pm. (9am from my vegas hotel room!)
    Ho how did this go?
    jd

Advertisement