Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Icke - Nutter?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

The easy answer for most people is a resounding yes - but how many of these people have actually read his books or online articles and writings? And I mean his own writings, not what is written about him in tabloids and other such publications, which always seem to start from the perspective that he's a nutter and its downhill from there..terry wogan etc etc.

Having read some of his books and articles myself, I happen to believe that he is an intelligent researcher & writer who is driven by compassion and a sense of exasperation at how fooked up this world is.

Ickes main driving theory is that this world is run by covert dictatorship
    (The New World Order), and the royal bloodlines continue to play a key role in that, although according to Icke, they are not at the top of the pyramid by a long shot. He discusses at length the mechanisms that are used to covertly manipulate world events and keep people in a dumbed down state of hypnosis, completely ignorant of what he calls "the elephant in the living room", the evidence that is hidden in plain view. He backs up what he writes with extensive research and references.

Icke is far from being the only proponent of this theory, but he seems to be the most notable one and therefore the whipping boy for ridicule.

His research also covers spiritual areas, such as the nature of consciousness and how the conspiracy is controlled from dimensions beyond the physical 3d reality we live in.

I would love to hear opinions from anyone who is seriously interested researching this material themselves.

peace.

www.davidicke.com

the news section is quite interesting and quite a lot of his articles are published on the website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i watched a 10 hour video of a seminar of his.
    he is a 10 on the insane-o-meter

i notice you conveniently left out the "anyone in power anywhere is a giant lizard" bit?

his ideas are the same old rehashed illuminati/bilderberg/zionists/capitalists thing with a slightly zanier slant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I've seen some of his lectures via webcast which are well thought out and do make sense, however:

GREAT LIZARD GODS.... nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

the lizard stuff is a step too far for most people, thats why I left it out and why Icke himself doesnt focus so heavily on that aspect himself these days. I can understand that and I'm not saying I fully believe it myself but I try to keep an open mind.

I definately do believe that the force that is in control of this world is deeply sick and deeply evil. One thing that Icke says that really rings true for me is that true humans have compassion; neither I nor anyone I know are capable morally of inflicting untold suffering and yet look at what the zionist cabal has been doing since the beginning of history to this day, mass murder of innocents without remorse, horrific weaponry like depleted uranium, cluster bombs and dead women and babies left right and centre, not to mention the utterly sickeing effects of radiation, birth defects, cancer rates etc.

The forces in control of america/britain/israel do this continually all the while supporting israel through the mainstream media propagand machine, which they own totally.

I'm not saying that the arab nations or russia / china /korea and all the rest etc are any better, I'd agree with Icke that the same evil force is ultimately in control of these nations as well... the point I am making is that they carry out inhuman acts as par for the course.. so maybe they are not human.

and as you have intimated yourself, the more conventional aspects of his theories are well written and researched...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

jessop1 wrote:
    the lizard stuff is a step too far for most people, thats why I left it out and why Icke himself doesnt focus so heavily on that aspect himself these days.

Interesting that he doesn't though.

Consider...

Ickes early writings featured these lizard overlords quite heavily.
    Ickes early writings followed relatively closely after the phenomonal success of the first (and second?) V mini-series.

Ickes newer writings focus more on the "artificial reality" slant of things.
    Icles newer writings follow relatively closely after the phenomonal success of the Matrix movie(s).

Perhaps this is a hint that Icke is, in fact, just another tool to mislead us all from a greater truth. This reasoning, strangely, is not too dissimilar in its "logic" to what Icke himself uses at times - a smattering of facts tied together with a wish and a prayer to produce the desired result.
    I can understand that and I'm not saying I fully believe it myself
    The problem for me is that if I wanted to read up on any of the other stuff that Icke generally merges into his writings, then I'd go and read up on that stuff from authors who manage to do without the crazier tie-ins.

Similarly, if I wanted to learn about sharks and had a choice between a book which was written by a shark expert, and another which contained some of the same material and then a few chapters dedicated to SHARKS with LASERS on their HEADS, working for a secret sub-aquatic race who secretly control the world....I'd go for the former.

If the latter tried explaining shark evolution in terms of these subaquatic aliens...well...then I wouldn't really care how accurate some of his information may be, I'd dismiss the author of the second as someone who may know some facts about sharks but who's writings in general are not a good source to learn about said creatures from.
    I definately do believe that the force that is in control of this world is deeply sick and deeply evil.
    I don't believe good and evil exist as absolutes. I do not believe that evil existed before life came into being. Thus, I cannot see how evil can be personified into a controller of sorts.

One thing that Icke says that really rings true for me is that true humans have compassion;
    So anyone who ever commits a dispassionate or cruel act isn't a true human? I'd say we're down to a handful of people at most already. More likely none.

Or is it that humans are capable of cruelty etc. but only the non-true-humans are incapable of compassion. Again, I'd wager that we're down to a handful of people at most that could meet such criteria.

Neither case is aprticularly compelling.
    neither I nor anyone I know are capable morally of inflicting untold suffering
    Even anecdotally, this proves nor suggests very little, if anything.

I don't know anyone capable of running 100m in under 10sec. Does this mean that those who do aren't human, or that I can draw any conclusions about humanity at all? I wouldn't think so.
    and yet look at what the zionist cabal has been doing since the beginning of history to this day,
    The beginning of history? When was that, exactly?

Are we stopping where history becomes archaeology, or going right back to before the existence of man and/or religion? The former would seem a rather arbitrary point in time. The latter would seem to make your statement impossible.
    I'd agree with Icke that the same evil force is ultimately in control of these nations as well...
    Greed for short-term gains is a sufficient motive. I see no reason for a controlling force.

Creatures fighting over territory, resources, mates, etc. is a simple fact of nature. Are we to decide that one animal brutally killing another over hunting grounds on the plains of Africa is further evidence of the existence of evil? If not, then why is it unthinkable that humans would do similar? Once you factor in our evolutionary advantages, it would seem that there's little spectacular here.
    the point I am making is that they carry out inhuman acts as par for the course.. so maybe they are not human.
    I think you're mistaking inhumane with inhuman. There is nothing to suggest these acts are inhuman except the assumption that humans can't do these things.

In otherwords, its a circular argument - we're not all human, ergo these acts are inhuman, ergo we're not all human.

I could just as easily say we are all human, ergo these inhumane acts cannot by definition be inhuman, ergo there is no evidence here for anything other than humans.

Concluding a presupposition is easy. It doesn't lend weight to an argument though. The trick is to arrive there without ever assuming it must be true.
    the more conventional aspects of his theories are well written and researched...
    Wouldn't we be better using his sources, then, to discuss the convetional aspects, rather than Icke's where we have to "suffer" the non-conventional being inextricably tied to it as well?

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Yeah I watched one of his lectures for hours yesterday and my brain hurts.

Through it all, I have to say the man in a genius. His image has forever been tainted through idiotic media and closed-minded scientists alike who believe the whole world is a complete accident and spirituality is non-exsistant.

All of his presentations are well represented and researched and his explanations about vibrations and sound being the origins of life truly amazes me. When it got around to the whole llizard thing I got turned off purely because the isn't enough eveidence but he has come across many people who have witnessed that so that in itself is enough reason for him to believe but that is another thing.

I think David Icke should not be rediculed as he is a very good answer to the worlds problems and I think the media have gone out of their way to shut him up so they wont have to question their lifestyles.

Alot like what Bill Hicks went through.

Listen to David Icke. He is good. You will learn things.

• Advertisement

bonkey, with respect, its going to be hard to continue debating with you if you are disecting my posts and responding to each line I write with a paragraph, could you keep the replies a little more succinct please? :)

anyhoo, you have your facts way wrong on ickes writings - V = mid 80's - Ickes 1st books focussing on the reptilian theories - mid to late 90s - before that he had written extensively on the nature of consciousness and how its trapped within a virtual reality - that blows your matrix theories out of the water too. I'm not sure if you have read much if any of his writings.

You are also condeming ickes non-reptilian writings, which you have not read, because you find his reptilian theories (which you have not read either) unfathomable. Its hard to see how we can debate fourther on the topic if this remains your stance.

Imagine telling a person from 300 years ago that 100s of tons of metal could be fashioned into a machine that can fly around thw world in hours - how unfathomable would that be to them? Just open your mind a little - actually read some of Ickes reptilian and non-reptilian writings before condeming them - thats all I can ask.

Theres not much point in us tit-4-tating on the other points - suffice it to say that deep evil does exist and it is being and has been perpetrated by world leaders as long as history has been recorded. I find it easy to believe that is inhuman in nature as well as inhumane.

I am interested in your point that evil existed before life... do you mean biological life? would you agree that consciousness existed before biological life also?

cheers
    Jess

I was just thinking.

When we think of life in outer space nowadays it is relatively acceptable to asume life exsists on other planets, if not solar systems, due to the overwhelming size and prosperity of the universe. It is also widely assumed that when this lifeform is eventually encountered, its appearance, and possibly intellegence, would differ dramatically to the human race.

Why is it that when someone comes forward with actual evidence to support such a claim, he is ridiculed? I mean, we weren't expecting carbon copies of ourselves on distant planets so why should blood hungry reptiles be SO unlikely? Alot of animals on Earth drink blood. What is so hard to understand?

And for people who would expectedly ask "What evidence?" I would highly recommend watching David Icke's videos on YouTube or searching for stuff to read on the internet or, god forbid, part with a small sum of money for knowledge and buy one of his books.

Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I just don't understand how someone can believe that there are a vast amount of lizard people when there haven't been any photos of them with some of their fake human skin being pulled off in The Sun.

Gordon wrote:
    I just don't understand how someone can believe that there are a vast amount of lizard people when there haven't been any photos of them with some of their fake human skin being pulled off in The Sun.

Neither can I. I really don't think the royal family and other politicians are half reptile but in terms of David Icke's "Illuminati" being at the top of the pyramid of knowledge and politicians only half way up maybe for them to exsist they would be in recluse?

I'd say reptiles walking in broad daylight would cause a bit of confusion.

Don't get too caught up in his whole reptile thing because it is only a theory, one he doesn't go on about much because it usually overcasts everything else he says. Still, he has reason to believe so.

He may have interesting ideas but I haven't bothered reading his stuff because of this mad reptile thing. Anyone that believes in such a radical truth goes straight to the loony file imo and hence I don't read up on anything else of the author.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    He may have interesting ideas but I haven't bothered reading his stuff because of this mad reptile thing. Anyone that believes in such a radical truth goes straight to the loony file imo and hence I don't read up on anything else of the author.

Ah, thats a shame but sadly I have to agree.

I can certainly see why people would think that way, but as I've said earlier, you really have to read and review the research before you can arrive at an informed opinion on it. Its hard to take seriously any comments detracting or supporting his work if you have not actually reviewed it.

jessop1 wrote:
    I can certainly see why people would think that way, but as I've said earlier, you really have to read and review the research before you can arrive at an informed opinion on it. Its hard to take seriously any comments detracting or supporting his work if you have not actually reviewed it.
    If you're talking about me then I didn't offer an informed opinion, I said that I'm not interested in taking this guy seriously if he seriously believes that there is a population of people out there in human flesh suits.

I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm just saying in general, people have a natural tendancy to form opinions denouncing radical ideas without looking at the substance. It wouldnt hurt to look at the research and if after that you still think its BS you can confidently denounce it.

jessop1 wrote:
    I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm just saying in general, people have a natural tendancy to form opinions denouncing radical ideas without looking at the substance. It wouldnt hurt to look at the research and if after that you still think its BS you can confidently denounce it.
    jessop1, can you give me a link to at least one idea of his that you agree with and think he puts across his point well? I checked out that website but it has so many links and articles I'm not going to waste time sifting through the lizard crap just to get to a good article.

Thanks

Some of his convetional theories I that I think are well presented and I think hold water, based on the evidence given:

The 911 conspiracy

The Murder of Princess Diana

CIA Mind control programs and how they are still being widely used covertly today (MKUltra)

The deeply corrupt origins of the world wildlife fund (sponsored by prince philip) which has been used as a tool to covertly manipulate wars and mass genocide throughout the continent of Africa

Occult / Satanist rituals involving prominent world figures (politicians, royals, big players in finance, media etc) and including the rape, murder and ritual sacrifice of children. He also outlines little publicised facts regarding the number of children who go missing each year which would truly shock you

His research into the propogation of the royal bloodlines from ancient history to today, which included detailed genealogical research (for eg, did you know that something like 3 qtrs of all american presidents are direct descendants of britains king george or frances charlemaigne?? - this also applies to the also rans - bush and john kerry are both related to the queen of england, as is clinton - same usually applies to the presidential spouses - baring in mind that america is a county of close to 300million people any of whom could become president, that is some coincidence)

All of this is covered in great detail in his book the biggest secret. I would advise you to read this, but I will find some links on this stuff on his website. - its filtered by websense filter here in work (under category of "nutters".. only jokin!) - but I will certainly post a link this evening. You could also check out the youtube vidoes posted by so glad

I can't really watch Youtube videos that easily but I'll check out some of those stories on his website.

Actually, after trying to read some of the links on the menu it seems that he doesn't actually have any content to read up on. He simply links to youtube and newspaper clippings.

Does he have any content on that site?

I think parts of his website are under construction, it underwent a re-vamp recently; anyhoo, I will find summat and post tonight, in the meantime, I hope the icke research topics I have posted will spark your interest enough to research these areas for yourself, as I said the biggest secret is a fascinating read, even if you are starting from the assumption that icke is a nut. I urge you to give it a go. If after that you still think its BS, I will bother you no more!

In the meantime, check out the news section on his website - you have to scroll down a bit to get to the latest news stories, they are a very wothwhile read

Gordon wrote:
    I can't really watch Youtube videos that easily but I'll check out some of those stories on his website.

Actually, after trying to read some of the links on the menu it seems that he doesn't actually have any content to read up on. He simply links to youtube and newspaper clippings.

Does he have any content on that site?

Unfortunatly, reading all of these things is the only way to come across his evidence. You see, to support such allegations one would need a whole lot of evidence to support it so either reading his stuff or watching these very long videos would be an excellent way to observe his evidence. Evidence that is high in abundance. I really recommend watching at least one of these videos (Preferably the first part) to get a taste of what he is about. He is an interesting speaker so you hopefully wont get bored halfway through.

David Icke (Part 1) The intro is cheesy, yes.

David Icke (Part 2)

David Icke (Part 3)

David Icke (Part 4)

David Icke (Part 5)

David Icke (Part 6)

Give em' a go.

• Advertisement

It's also worth pointing out that many other people have written topics of the same nature about aliens seeding humanity. Authors such as Graham Hancock and stuff. It's a well accepted theory.

The Sphinx and pyramids and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Icke's stuff is interesting and usually well researched - but the problem which affects his credibility is that he is so entwined in the conspiracy zone, that he accepts most wild theories at face value. There is some crap in his beliefs, and some very likely truth. He just needs to be more discerning in what he accepts imo. There us a lot of disinformation, and bull**** out there.

If you want to read a well researched book on NWO/Illuminati, I recommend 'Behold a Pale Horse' by William Cooper - a man whose research led him to branded 'the most dangerous terrorist in America' by Bill Clinton. Shortly after that he was shot dead in his own home by police officers while 'resisting arrest'. ;)

Kernel wrote:
    Icke's stuff is interesting and usually well researched - but the problem which affects his credibility is that he is so entwined in the conspiracy zone, that he accepts most wild theories at face value. There is some crap in his beliefs, and some very likely truth. He just needs to be more discerning in what he accepts imo. There us a lot of disinformation, and bull**** out there.

If you want to read a well researched book on NWO/Illuminati, I recommend 'Behold a Pale Horse' by William Cooper - a man whose research led him to branded 'the most dangerous terrorist in America' by Bill Clinton. Shortly after that he was shot dead in his own home by police officers while 'resisting arrest'. ;)

Resisting arrest as in "What did I do wrong?".

Time for Google to shine.

jessop1 wrote:
    bonkey, with respect, its going to be hard to continue debating with you if you are disecting my posts and responding to each line I write with a paragraph, could you keep the replies a little more succinct please? :)
    You've no problem bombarding me or others with entire sites to read. You want to discuss the entirety of Icke's work

I'm only asking you to consider less than 10,000 words per post of mine.

Why is it, then, that I am the one lacking succinctness?

Would you prefer if I just pointed you at the works of others who challenge the worth of Icke's work and told you to read it and respond here?
    anyhoo, you have your facts way wrong on ickes writings
    My apologies. I got my timeline incorrect. You are correct.

I was perhaps misled by the number of comments I've seen claiming/stating that in one of his books (I've clarified previously that I haven't read them, so maybe you could check this?) he explicitly mentions the parallel between his lizardaliens and V.
    I'm not sure if you have read much if any of his writings.
    I know. You keep saying this. Who knows - maybe if you repeat it often enough, it will become true.

Again, though, I refer you back to what you said about succinctness. You have a problem with my not writing short, easy-to-respond-to posts, but expect me to have read the majority (if not all) of Icke's works.
    Imagine telling a person from 300 years ago that 100s of tons of metal could be fashioned into a machine that can fly around thw world in hours - how unfathomable would that be to them?

Your point being?

Are you suggesting that all Apparently-Crazy ideas are - by necessity - true?? That all such "AC" ideas should not only be given equal weight with each other, but indeed equal or superior weight to what are considered non-crazy ones?

Indeed, you appear to be going further and suggesting that certain such ideas be given more credibility than others, but supply absolutely no basis for comparative analysis other than perhaps that you have this belief in the truth of such ideas. Maybe you have other reasons other than a blind belief, but so far, all you've offered are your conclusions, not your reasoning.
    Just open your mind a little
    Discarding critical thinking is not opening one's mind a little. You are asking me to do the former whilst calling it the latter.
    - actually read some of Ickes reptilian and non-reptilian writings before condeming them - thats all I can ask.
    I've repeatedly told you that I have read some of his writings, and you refuse to believe me. At this point, you're insinuating I'm lying.
    Theres not much point in us tit-4-tating on the other points
    Because they're the ones you can't easily dismiss? Because you don't want to actually discuss the points being raised?
    I am interested in your point that evil existed before life

I stated clearly that I do not believe such to be the case, so surely my point is that evil didn't exist before life.
    do you mean biological life?
    Why would such a distinction be relevant?

Whatever one's understanding of what life is, either evil predates it as some sort of non-life force, or else evil is an aspect of life.

I do not believe the former, as I stated. Simply put, how can evil exist when evil cannot be perpetrated.

If evil is an aspect of life - as I believe - then one must ask what basis we have for believing that it is not and cannot be an aspect of human life.
    would you agree that consciousness existed before biological life also?
    No, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

jc

Bonkey,

There is no real need to analyze every scentence of jessop1's posts. I am not giving out but the only way for you to argue the credibility of David Icke's writtings is to read them (or watch them), not argue with jessop1, who is trying to get you to read this stuff.

To say "maybe if you repeat it often enough, it will become true" is a perfect way to decribe knowledge through media. If you will not accept David Icke's theories for the mere fact that it is being repeated often, how can you rely on everything else you have been thought and know? And don't say "Because they have evidence" because David Icke has evidence also. You just have to read it.

I'm not refering to reptiles by the way. I have real trouble accepting that one.

bonkey I am beginning to think you are deliberately obfuscating matters here.

I have posted in an earlier post a number of Icke's claims where I think his research is credible and the evidence holds water.

Can you let us know what you think of those.

thanks

So Glad wrote:
    There is no real need to analyze every scentence of jessop1's posts.
    I am not giving out but the only way for you to argue the credibility of David Icke's writtings is to read them (or watch them), not argue with jessop1, who is trying to get you to read this stuff.

I already pointed out to Jessop1 in the resources thread at the top of this forum that I have no interest in discussing Icke's work by proxy. If someone wants to put forward their opinions on Icke's work, I'll discuss those points. If Mr. Icke wants to come here, I'll discuss his writing with him.

I will not, however, engage in a reubttal of the man's entire set of work because someone gave me a link to it and said something to the effect of "This stuff is good. If you disagree give details why not". The content of such a post can be summarised with "this stuff is good". I see no reason why "no its not. Its bad" is any less detailed a response. Therefore it should be absolutely acceptable unless we're being held to dual standards here.

So yes, there is a need to answer jessop1s posts fully, just as tehre is a need to answer yours - that being because its what I'm willing to discuss. If you want me to discuss specifics of Ickes work, then you put them in your post, and I'll discuss them. Of course, if all you give is copy/paste of something Icke wrote, I'll probably just copy/past somethign else he wrote and say that this still shows he's a nutter.

In short, if you're too lazy to make an argument, I'm damned if I'm going to put greater effort into rebutting it. If his stuff is as good and as worthwhile as you say then I cannot understand why you don't believe its worth a few minutes of your time to flesh out the detail of why.
    To say "maybe if you repeat it often enough, it will become true" is a perfect way to decribe knowledge through media. If you will not accept David Icke's theories for the mere fact that it is being repeated often, how can you rely on everything else you have been thought and know?
    You seem to be attacking a point you'd like me to have made rather than one I did. I was pointnig out that Jessop1's repeated insistence that I haven't read any of the material will not alter reality and make it so.

If jessop1 would like to engage in explaining why it is clear - again offering reasoning rather than a bald statement - then I'll be happy to discuss those points, but again I'm not going to put any more effort in at this point than I'm seeing on the other side.
    And don't say "Because they have evidence" because David Icke has evidence also.
    As I commented regarding Jessop1's use of a similar term previously, it is enlightening to see what your standards are regarding what constitutes evidence.
    You just have to read it.
    I've read some of it (as I keep saying, and as you and jessop keep ignoring). Repeating myself further, I have been thoroughly unimpressed.

All the "evidence" I've seen amounts to supposition, speculation, and alleged (mostly second-hand or worse) anecdotes....at best.

If you think I'm being evasive, then maybe you should re-read your own posts and look at how much detail you've offered in the points I'm responding to. When you start giving me detail, I'll start going to the effort of returning the courtesy.

In the meantime, if you want to fault me for adopting your very own tactics of making bald statements with no detailed backup....thats fine by me too. I'm quite happy for you to make the case that the methodology I've borrowed from you and jessop1 is unquestionably a weak way of forming an argument.
    I'm not refering to reptiles by the way. I have real trouble accepting that one.
    Well what are you referring to then? Am I supposed to guess?

Is this a new variant of the tactic used on the 911 threads where something something is presented, I (or others) refute it, and then the "Aha...but what about.....(drum roll) THIS!" response comes and we start the loop over?

Now, instead of that, I can pick what bits to rebut, rebut them, and then you can just say "No, no, that wasn't the stuff I was referring to either. he has made some good points, which if you'd read his work you'd know."

If there's stuff you think has a solid case made for it, then point it out and make the (supposedly solid) case. At that point, I'll tell you what issues (if any) I have with those points. However, when you insist on hiding behind a lack of specificity, I'll return the favour and keep on being just as vague.

jc

jessop1 wrote:
    bonkey I am beginning to think you are deliberately obfuscating matters here.

I'm offering as much detail as you have and more. If thats obfuscation.....then I guess you're asking me to offer less detail? How does that help things?
    I have posted in an earlier post a number of Icke's claims where I think his research is credible and the evidence holds water.
    Not on this thread you haven't. You've posted one link, which is to an entire website.

<edit>
    Nor did you do so on the LINKS stuicky at the top....
    </edit>

please see my post at 14:49 yesterday

edit / post no 17 on THIS thread

• Advertisement

jessop1 wrote:
    please see my post at 14:49 yesterday

edit / post no 17 on THIS thread
    Ah yes.

The one where you said Some of his convetional theories I that I think are well presented and I think hold water, based on the evidence given, and then offered little more then an (as yet unfulfilled) offer to provide links.

For now, I'll offer you an equally detailed response:

From what I've read, his argument doesn't hold water. I'll explain why at some later stage.

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement