Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues with Macbooks?heat/staining etc?

Options
  • 14-06-2006 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Macbook and I see a few people here have them. I have read about them over heating and staining after a few weeks. Has anyone here seen that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Im thinking of getting a macbook too. But Im 99% getting one. I think the staining thing is only happening to a minority of users.

i say GO FOR IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yeah we have 3 in pcworld, they run 12 hours a day, all have warped plastic below the screen. bottom of screen colours are off. stupidly hot. and they just sit on the screen saver. andhave air conditioning above them :(

yeah we have 3 in pcworld, they run 12 hours a day, all have warped plastic below the screen. bottom of screen colours are off. stupidly hot. and they just sit on the screen saver. andhave air conditioning above them

You serious??:eek: Im meant to be buying mine tomorrow and this is the first thing that has put me off.

Warped plastic? What do you mean exactly?

Bottom of screen colours are off? You mean the display on all 3 is fkd???

Any signs of the white case turning yellowy?

very worried..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

anti wrote:
    yeah we have 3 in pcworld, they run 12 hours a day, all have warped plastic below the screen. bottom of screen colours are off. stupidly hot. and they just sit on the screen saver. andhave air conditioning above them :(
    any chance of getting photos of this? maybe with a camera phone?

2 hours to go.
    god damn it.
    ill just have to grill the guy in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

womoma wrote:
    ill just have to grill the guy in the shop.

Maybe you can use the heat from the laptops to grill him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

tom dunne wrote:
    Maybe you can use the heat from the laptops to grill him :D
    here's your coat, the door's over there *points*

;) comedy gold ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 elvis hicks

My friend has one. It doesnt get THAT hot. Very nice machine. Very quick with handbrake! Renders in real time- perfect quality when bit rates are at about 1000.

I got it. Yeah it gets pretty warm, I wouldnt have it on my lap for too long, but hey thats not what I got it for. Very impressed so far.

Advertisement