Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Waterford

Options
  • 17-05-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi there,
    I'm moving to Waterford over the weekend and was wondering what is there to do in the place!? Were are the good bars and clubs etc. probably more interested in indie type places but will try anything at least once!

Tell me of the glories of Waterford!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Indie wise Bullit and Shakedown in the Bowery every Thursday & Saturday night is the business. This Saturday night Hot Presses gig of the week is at Paul Flynns bar with Flyod Soul and the Wolf.

Check out the General Events here for a larger scope of alternative nights in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 stack

Well that is a start! c'mon ye waterfordonians, what else goes on there?!
    Looking for some bars? Should I just head into town or what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

most of the pubs and clubs are around the one area on john st. and the apple market, theres some good restaurants and cafes round that way aswell. the nightclubs like rubys and masons are alright - yer standard fair really, muldoons is for older crowds.

revolution is a comedy club which can be good, and the wacky apple up from it usually good craic. the bowery in case your wondering is down the other end of the town by the tower hotel on the quay. paul flynns is just across from it. good gigs in there on a friday theres a good music scene around waterford now.

tra fest in tramore (its like 10 miles from waterford) july bank holiday i think correct me if im wrong there thats usually good some class bands play at that and its free on the streets plus spraoi festival in waterford city in august is pretty good. if your out in tramore go to the vic its in the centre of the town - bout the only pub worth goin ta there to be honest. good bands on at the weekends. ehh thats all i can think of at the mo! hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

stack wrote:
    Well that is a start! c'mon ye waterfordonians, what else goes on there?!

what are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

www.shakedownclub.com
    www.underground1.net
    www.blaa-blaa.com
    www.spraoi.com

The dates of trafest is june 30th - july 2nd and the full list of gigs will be published the 1st week of june.

Then you have Spraoi on august 4th, 5th & 6th and there's a couple of really interesting acts lined up for that and is usally the best weekend of the year in town.

Live gigs Thurs - Sat in Paul Flynns and regular gigs in '19'. A bit of a trend on John street to name a place after the address for some reason. '10' also being another venue on the street doing some live gigs.

We do Thurs, Sat & Sun in The Bowery on The Mall, all indie nights and some Fridays with live bands. Also Shakedown's 5th birthday is next month on June 24th, the birthdays always tend to be crazy affairs.

There's the Green Dragon festival in Dunmore in June but I'm not sure if thats going ahead, The Fringe Festival in Sep and the Imagine Festival in October had a great music program last year, its just everything was on at the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement