Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Blast

• 22-01-2006 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

the best radio programme evr!
    Ray and JP = Legends!
    wat do u guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

THE BLAST, 10PM SUNDAY TO THURSDAYS ON 100-102 TODAY FM!
    Dont just tell your friends, tell everyone!!! Check it out!! Its really great!
    (i am not ray, or JP)
    Oh, oh .. Justice for JP!! http://j4jp.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

did you guys hear the take a hand of the blast that some 14 year old boy made?? fecking brillant!! :D

No?? What/ where is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rockystar

o ya that was sooo good! and jp...'hello!'
    u can here it on the blasts website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Justice for JP!! http://j4jp.blogspot.com/

Looks like the campaign was a success - jp gets a mention on some of the promo's now :D ! foley is a regular reader of boards....wonder does he post too? Must txt him tonight

• Advertisement

wat do u think of the new tricky dick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

rockystar wrote:
    the best radio programme evr!
    Ray and JP = Legends!
    wat do u guys think?

I think you need to listen to more radio

^why? the blast is the only show i need to listen 2 cos its that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

He does post here, 13 times to precise...i was on the oldie but a goodie guessing game before christmas!...Its a f**king deadly show though! Listening to it right now!

Fitzo wrote:
    He does post here, 13 times to precise...i was on the oldie but a goodie guessing game before christmas!...Its a f**king deadly show though! Listening to it right now!
    whats his user name??

• Advertisement

rfoley...

Heres the link to his home pagehttp://www.rayfoley.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Yep, great radio!

this should really be renamed the blast appreciation thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I think the Blast is what's called in the industry as 'lowest common denominator' radio

what are ya on about its a great show!

Best show ever!! I think the new tricky is annoying though!

Yeah its quality all right! i dont mind tricky...its harder though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

I hate the blast, ray foley really gets on my nerves, i dont know why, maybe its coz i won probably the worst cd ever created on it one night, the only night i have ever listened to it.
    I love today fm tho, ray d'arcy. alison curtis, tom dunne. great stuff. the blast is not tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Short Stuf

Hello and welocome to the Blast! I'm Ray Foley, JP's in as well (Hello!).

Genious. Ray and Jp are up there with the best double acts, Laurel and Hardy, Ant and Dec.... Well you know what I mean....:D

• Advertisement

Here, Here!

But its annoying how when Rays away so is JP!?!?

Short Stuf wrote:
    Genious. Ray and Jp are up there with the best double acts, Laurel and Hardy, Ant and Dec.... Well you know what I mean....:D
    how in the name of god is that genious? introducing yourself?
    is the bitch not still there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

24 posts in the thread already and I still haven't a clue what the programme is about.

Anyone care to give a description of it?

today fms answer to rick o'shea. pop music at night time with regular quiz's and stuff. its crap. try the waiting room on 2fm or wait up for donal dineen on today fm.

today fms answer to rick o'shea.
    I hate it already!

the show is basically two really funny guys, and its more about them than the music (thank god cause the music isn't great!). They have the number guessing game, tricky dick with his tricky little mick, the goodie but an oldie guessing game STRIKES BACK, haha.. oh the entertainment update duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh.. haha.. love that thing (ok, u gotta know what i'm saying for that to make sense!) and ... yeah, but its really funny!
    I remember his birthday, he got ppl to call him and all they could say was 'happy birthday ray' anything else was just cut off... he got through like 100 of them!! Oh, and i remember he was asking for the last request and then a girl called, haha... yeah, he hung up on her and asked for a guy!!! :p
    anywho... THE BLAST WITH RAY FOLEY!!
    Oh and the new star of The Blast, Aaron Conroy.. affectionatly known as 'Mini Foley' will now be on The Fired.tk Audio Entertainment Show weekly. To hear his original 'Mini Blast' sketch, click the link below (plus that really lets u get a feel for the show!!)
    http://media.putfile.com/TheBlast

the show is basically two really funny guys, and its more about them than the music (thank god cause the music isn't great!). They have the number guessing game, tricky dick with his tricky little mick, the goodie but an oldie guessing game STRIKES BACK, haha.. oh the entertainment update duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh.. haha.. love that thing (ok, u gotta know what i'm saying for that to make sense!) and ... yeah, but its really funny!

isnt that just the same as rick o'shea or the strawberry alarm clock?or dec and joe in the morning on spin fm? or 98 fm's morning crew? or the saturday show on 2fm(although in fairness, iv been known to like it, coz sometimes they play good music.)?
    The blast is exactly the same as every other typical mediocare radio show, based on making money out of txt and allowing people to make fools of themselves on the radio and think they are great coz of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

How do they make money off texts?the cost is the same as any other,standard rate.

As for people making a fool of themselves,what do you expect to happen when going on a radio with a pair of jokers?

Personally i love the show,and their ability to take the piss outta themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rfoley

:mad: Arrgh!:mad: I hate reacting to these people!

Now I've been goaded into saying something on this I'll make it brief and keep it simple. Veerrryyy simple:

1 - We don't make money off the texts. The only kind of texts you can make money off are premium rate 5-digit numbers, and we don't have them on the Blast. You're charged normal text rates to a Meteor phone if you text us. That's like, 20 cent. So maybe next time don't be so tight and just text and ask for a song you'd prefer...

2 - We are not Today FM's answer to Rick O'Shea.

3 - Ouch - we give you a (albeit crap) prize and this is the thanks we get? For shame! Although all these little rants do show us you care... xxx:o

4 - The only people making fools of themselves on our show is us.

<SNIP>

rayfoley.net

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I bet you to it foley:p

haha, now you've been told by the god himself!!! RAY FOLEY RULEZ

foley is a legend!!!

Foley you took the words out of my mouth...and LittleKitty if your going to make statements like getting money from texts make sure you have the facts right or else your just going to make a complete arse of your self like you just did...

Fighting Rays Corner,
    Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Molly133

The Blast is a breath of fresh air. If you don't like the show don't listen to it. You will be the one missing out. As the saying goes, there's always one.

Hey, someone give the muppet a saucer of milk.

• Advertisement

Here,Here;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Kitty, have you ever even heard the show? It's nothing like anything else on night-time radio: decent music & a presenter who likes to have fun while working.If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

PS: The Blast with Ray & JP Today FM 10pm Sunday to Thursday
    Don't just tell a friend, tell everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nurse Clicky

Get over it little kitty The Blast is loved by a lot of people u are one of the very few that dont like it we get it move on:eek:

LittleKitty is more than entitled to her opinion.

I'll be sure to have a listen to the show myself at some stage and give my honest opinion.

Please try to a bit more civil and lay off the sycophancy as you are adding nothing to the thread.

all blastites please vote ray a legend of the board the thread is up for you to in Legends Of The Board

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mayo

Had a big message but then my internet disconnected and I ended up losin everythin...
    The blast is a great show. I have listened to it since it started and may I say LittleWussy or what ever your name is...you have no sense of humour and you are also a small bit anoying...
    a) Because you don't like the show
    b) Because you complain about the prize you got
    c) Well I haven't thought of that right now but i'm sure there is a third reason

Anyways to the guy who never heard the show: You really should give it a listen. It's pretty funny and the guys play brilliant music(most of the time)...the only downside is that Ray & JP seem to always be goin on holidays...lucky bastards...anyways the replacement isn't that bad - Floody from that Planet Hits show...

Berfore I forget, love the show Ray - keep up the good work! Play a bitteen more dance music. Thanks

Mayo banned for 2 weeks for personal abuse.

I've already asked you all to be civil so there really is no excuse for this.

thats a bit harsh

We are also entitled to our opinion, monkey, and we are expressing ours

technically was LittleKitty not abusing Ray in her posts..he is a member after all

Little Kitty was commenting on Ray's radio programme not on Ray as a poster on boards.ie.

Mayo refered to another poster as a 'wussy' and as 'annoying' after I'd specifically stated that I wanted the conversation to remain civil.

I've PMed Mayo and he accepts that he was out of line. So I really see no issue here.

Now kindly keep things on topic or I'll lock the thread.

Sorry, Monkey. Point well taken.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

First off foley's a legend.
    The Blast! is great craic and they lads sound like they are having a great time doing the show. It really is worth a listen. My only quam is they play all the cheesy 'Ministry of sound' dance - sunblock, Hi_Tack etc. I agree with the guy who said play more of the good dance.
    To that kitten person - it's Joe and keith on SPIN1038 in the morning.
    Also that aaron 'mini blast' dude is terrible! Funny for a second and then you realise it's just unadulterated rubbish. Dire with a capital D. Not a touch on the real thing. Somebody end that rubbish, please, for the good of human kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Theblastfan

There legends and I have a website for them http://www.theblastfan.blogspot.com please go on it

uh.. look what u people have done!! You've annoyed Ray so much that he even wrote about it in his blog!! Shame on you!!!
    http://triedeverynamebutnoneareavailable.blogspot.com/2006/02/blast-music-15th-february.html
    Do you know who you are even talking to?? The king of late nights, Mister Ray Foley to you and I.
    But fear not, for Foley will be interviewed on the second show of the Fired.tk Audio Entertainment Show, as will Kevin Keogh from Des Bishop joy in da hood (southhill) and Des Bishop (plus others). www.fired.tk
    PS. Blast fan, thats a pretty lame fan site!!! Hmm... why are all The Blasts' fan sites blogs?!?!!?!?
    Does anyother radio show have fan sites??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement