Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche 911..LHD to RHD ????

Options
  • 23-12-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,hust wondering if anyone out there has converted a 911 from LHD to RHD?

I am thinking of buyin a pre 1980's one in the new year,

Anyone have advice on these lovely machines ??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

No advantage in it, too much messing i would say. Why not just get a rhd. As well as that the value would be affected, or to put it another way, would you pay the same for a real rhd as against a converted rhd. I know i wouldnt.
    Tell me what you want to know, and ill tell you. Im just about to pull all 4 corners off mine to replace all shocks/discs/bearings/pads and bushes. Should be great fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I wouldn't go there Paul if I was you, its a major undertaking. I was involved in converting a Mercedes some years ago and everyone involved swore never again. I think you'll get used to driving a LHD car, I drove a few of them over the years and at this stage I can drive a LHD car just as easy as a RHD car, the only drawback is overtaking or car parks. All you need is a good navigator.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

While we are on that subject - I am thinking of buying a classic Porsche 912 LHD. Would I be better wait till I can find a genuine RHD example - only thing is they are so hard to find.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

While we are on that subject - I am thinking of buying a classic Porsche 912 LHD. Would I be better wait till I can find a genuine RHD example - only thing is they are so hard to find.:)

I have only ever seen/heard of one, about 18 months ago on www.fuchs.co.uk.
    LHD isn't so bad, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

theres one genuine rhd porsche 912 here in baltinglass
    i know the fella that owns it ,
    i think he will have it on the road for the summer,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Hey tanks lads for the advice...
    If i end up buying a LHD 911, (once i sell my 77 beetle!) would i be stuck with it,i came accross a few for
    sale but will they be able to sell them,

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

I have a LHD 911 from '76 - remember these cars were designed for LHD - I would see no advantage to switching whatsoever.

Also, I would probably avoid a converted car - you just don't know how it's been bodged

Keep us posted!

Warren

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LHD is a piece of cake.

If someone offered to convert my old baby to RHD for nothing I'd tell them to get lost. I actually consider it an advantage for city and suburban driving.

Many thanks for your replys lads,i didnt want to rush into buyin without the advice,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Take a look at this '68 911 Paul CCI has listed :eek: :D Stunning.

http://www.classiccarsireland.nl/autos_detail.asp?ID=138

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thats the nicest looking 911 model in my opinion, that one looks nice too. I remember looking at one in Ballincollig a few years ago, it was a bit rough around the edges but the price was right at 6000euros and it was driving well, I wonder if its still around?

At €6000 it would be good alright...thats a nice one Justinoval came accross alright,

Advertisement