Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQ: Logo for Astronomy forum

Options
  • 21-11-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to throw together a logo for a non-profit making group of amateur astronomers. (As in we can't afford to pay anyone :o). Some of us are active on the Astronomy/Space forum here.

Basically, the current logo is below and it's not the best - the designer himself said "It looks like someone with no graphics experience made it, and since I had no graphics experience back then that is also true!" so I'm not speaking out of turn by saying that.

The site is www.irishastronomy.org which is the homepage of the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies. It's basically a group of independant clubs based around the country. (not affiliated with Astronomy Ireland btw).

We're looking for something that encapsulates both Irish and Astronomy - the creative details are up to you. Looking for one in .xcf (GIMP) format or as a 1024x1024 PNG file. It would also need to be on a transparent background so that it will work well on black or white. The reason it's needed so big is for use on posters and artwork for IFAS events.

Obviously full credit would be given to anyone who had the time and willingness to create one for us - as well as muocho karma if they ever bring it back :D

Thanks.

btw - ignore the current theme of the forum and site as it's being re-vamped atm.

Current logo:
    IFASLogoSmallNarrow.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

just a bit of advise, i'd look for it in a vector format, eg: eps/pdf as a png will not scale well. Also if you do get it in a graphic, you'd need a lot bigger than 1024 x 1024 for a poster, that may fill a screen, but bigger would be required for print.

Advertisement