Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Pixmania!

Options
  • 07-11-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I ordered the Pioneer 530 DVD recorder from this lot on 31/10/2005 - one week later it is still in pending (but also in stock).I tried to contact them by phone 5 times but was left holding for a total of 47 mins over a period of 3 days.I cancelled the order twice but did not receive any confirmation from them and my order is still showing as pending.They took my money today -this is the worst experience I have had buying goods on the internet.So be warned!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Had stuff from them twice now and its always gone smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Get in contact with CC company and tell them to take money back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I ordered a camera from them last Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. Very fast reliable experience for me.

Just one thing to note, I did have to send some form of ID (in my case a pdf copy of my phone bill) in order to prevent internet fraud so they said. I sent it off to them as soon as I got the email requesting it. They replied saying that the ID was fine and the camera arrived promptly.

Check that you did not get a similar request that got overlooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

I've ordered a good bit of stuff from these fellas, much against other peoples advice. The first order was in stock and pending... except that it wasn't in stock at all and they took their merry time to issue a full refund! Anyway, I tried again and this time ended up with damaged goods (the item in question was heavy and the damage cosmetic, so it wasn't worthwhile to return it).

However, the third time I ordered, I was sent the wrong item. I returned it, via a most extortionate An Post. After bombarding Pixmania with emails over the course of the last month or so, I've found out that they've sent the product for repair, when all I wanted was replacement or full refund.

So, all in all, I won't be a repeat customer. It's too much trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 joc5

Have checked my e mails - definitely did not get a request of this nature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

You have to hassle them. You have to ask these guys for everything and you have to insist. I sent my complaints to their customerservice_ie'at'pixm***a.com address and to that fella who sends requests for the household bills etc., E.Graff'at'pixm***a.com. I told them to hop to it, either send my order or cancel it if it's not in stock (the misled me my telling it was in stock!).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I ordered something a few weeks ago. Paid €15 for quicker delivery. It stayed in pending for a week. I emailed them saying I wanted it shipped immediatly or I would purcase elsewhere, and I want my fast delivery charge back. The unit shipped from Paris that day and was delivered within 24 hours, and I got my delivery refunded. I was annoyed with the wait but pretty impressed at how quick they sorted it out. I would probably buy from them again. Better than Dabs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I ordered a car stereo about a week and a half ago with them with an estimated shipping date of 2 days later. "Fair enough" I thinks... "no real rush" and I go ahead and order.

THEN I see theres a 5 day delay due to some issue with their stock system. "OK..well so it'll be 3 days late"...BUT.. for the past 7/8 days the estimated stock date keeps slipping to tomorrow.

Mailed them Thursday asking to cancel as you can't do so on the site itself (and as it happens I found the same stereo for €25 cheaper on the incarexpress site anyway). Despite the automated response assuring me my request will be dealt with in 24 hours, nothing back until this morning when they tell me basically that they'll consider it and let me know by the end of today.

5pm arrrives and still no mail but the order now seems to be gone from the order tracking page so I assume it's cancelled. Can't say I'm very impressed with their customer service though... plus someone (here I think?) recently suggested googling them for problems and there's a LOT of negative feedback to cause concern on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

pixmania are rubbish in everyway possible, avoid them like a traveller used car sales man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They have been some of the best people to deal with for me. My order arrived about 2 days after I ordered it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

When they work they are brilliant, when they don't they suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

yea, buts its hit and miss tusky, you see Kaiser2000's story, wait till that happens to you .... a few times.... and add "and eventually i got an order from some guy in holland" to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Spot on. I've had 2 good experiences with them but one awful one. It always makes me think twice about ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

I ordered a DVD recorder off them on the 21st Oct including some DVDRW's. I too got to the end of the ordering process to find the notice that they have had a problem with their shipping process. (They charged the order before showing the warning).

I recieved the DVDRW after about a week but no sign of the Recorder. I sent them an email that day as all the items were in stock when I ordered. Got no reply to the email, even though they state that they will reply in 24 hours.
    Rang them then on the 3rd Nov to find out what the story was. They said they had moved warehouse and were having delay but that my order had benn pushed to the top of the queue and would go out that day.

No sign of it moving so rang again on the 7th, was told the same story and that it had been upgraded to express shipping and I wouldn't be charged extra. It would definitely ship that day and expect an email.

Rang again today and just cancelled the order as nothing had happened.

First and last time to use these cowboys. Absoloutley rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Any etailer can have a nightmare witha new warehouse and shipping/database system, Komplett ( a few years back) anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I ordered 2 items (on 2005-10-26) off them that were listed as "In Stock" ... I went through the process until the end and then noticed the red warning when checking the order status "As part of our efforts to maintain clear communication, we regret to inform you that, following computer related problems regarding our stock inventory, we experiencing some delay in preparing orders. The delay for your order should not exceed 5 days. "

I could live with this so checked again in 5 days , the order was in an APPRO state (which means at least 1 item is not in stock) ... I checked the order and it says the item will be available on 31/11/2005 ...

I can wait for it but I think its very bad and very frustrating ... I had a good opinion of Pixmania from previous orders but now I think I'll buy elsewhere ...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

ShaneOC wrote:
    I ordered a camera from them last Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. Very fast reliable experience for me.

Just one thing to note, I did have to send some form of ID (in my case a pdf copy of my phone bill) in order to prevent internet fraud so they said. I sent it off to them as soon as I got the email requesting it. They replied saying that the ID was fine and the camera arrived promptly.

Check that you did not get a similar request that got overlooked.
    Yes i had to do that the first time i orderd off them too but it went into my bulk folder and it was only by chance looking for a different email that i spotted it so maybe check there.
    Edit* ive had nothing but good experiences since.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

ahh kinda like IBB then

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Cant get a delayed orfer cancelled???????????

Contact your credit card company.

As somebody has already told you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ordered some PC stuff off them lately.
    Never saw such a mess.
    I ordered a Hard Drive,DVD burner,Printer,Keyboard ,2 mice,a router ,2 network cards and 2 sets of 2.1 speakers.
    All items were supposedly in stock when I ordered them.
    Nothing moved for a week.
    Then the Printer,Hard drive,DVD burner and keyboard arrived about 2 weeks later.
    No Uk/Ireland plug adaptor included for the printer,which they promised.
    I received 1 set of speakers the following week via DHl.
    I received the router 2 days later and another set of speakers a few more days later.
    The network cards had gone out of stock and wouldnt be in until Oct 21st.
    Near the endo of Oct I received 1 network cark and I received the other one 2 days later.
    I finally received my 2 mice today.
    So in all it took 6 weeks and 7 deliveries to get one medium order.
    Must have cost them alot in DHL charges.
    I gave up holding on their telephone number after 15 mins on 2 occassions.
    No plug adaptors were included on any item so I had to but these and they cost me nearly 4 euro for each one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Ordered some PC stuff off them lately.
    No plug adaptors were included on any item so I had to but these and they cost me nearly 4 euro for each one.

My camera came with a UK/Irish plug adapter but it was not needed as there was a UK/Irish lead included with the power supply anyway as well as a standard european one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Wizard

same problems here guys,
    ordered 3 items,car bluetooth kit,jvc car stereo and a sony car charger,
    when i ordered everything was in stock but then suddenly they went out of stock !
    got the bluetooth kit a week later,
    got the car charger today plus a plug adaptor for household items !
    still waiting on my car stereo,
    its been almost 4 weeks now and its driving me nuts !
    i keep telling myself they are so much cheaper than everywhere else but it had better come soon,
    i was hoping to order a new samsung dvd surround system with hdmi but my hopes are fading fast !
    if they can't be trusted its just not worth it,
    hopefully its a genuine warehouse problem but we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Utterly disastrous after sales service. I sent back a malfunctioning camcorder to them about 5 or 6 months ago and they have not yet returned it to me. Despite at least 30 emails, I have had nothing except some inane "thankyou for your email" responses. I have tried phoning and have not managed to get through. Has anyone any advice about how I can get my camcorder back? Anyone had similar experiences and managed to get some action out of them? All help gladly received. At this stage I am so pi**ed off that I feel like giving up....:mad: :mad: :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A few months ago I ordered a camera off them and it arrived the next day. I didn't get any requests for proof of address or anything like that.

And I saved about €150 off the high street price. So possibly the best and smoothest online transaction I've ever had.

But reading this thread they are clearly hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

I've got a Printer, cartridges, a Camera, memory card etc etc from them

Excellent prices, poor service

I'll stick with them though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I sent an email complaining , got a standard auto response saying you will receive an answer within 24 hours ... 3 days later , still waiting ... looks like i won't receive the items i ordered for another month or so .. yet they had no problem taking the money for the items straight off my card.. grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

I ordered a canon Ixus 50 and when I go to track orders it says the order is pending. The following is displayed "As part of our efforts to maintain clear communication, we regret to inform you that, following computer related problems regarding our stock inventory, we experiencing some delay in preparing orders. The delay for your order should not exceed 5 days."

I tried the two email addresses mentioned by el Bastardo in
    You have to hassle them. You have to ask these guys for everything and you have to insist. I sent my complaints to their customerservice_ie'at'pixm***a.com address and to that fella who sends requests for the household bills etc., E.Graff'at'pixm***a.com. I told them to hop to it, either send my order or cancel it if it's not in stock (the misled me my telling it was in stock!).

But both of them came back with the error " The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message" and even the email customercare@pixmania.com mail address returned an autoresponse

"This is an automatic answer to inform you that unfortunately your email could not be processed.

In order to contact us, please send your request directly through our site "

Does anyone know any direct address of some person to contact within the company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

A very similar thread over on askaboutmoney.com

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=16618

I have had similar problems with Pixmania. Rarely has an order with them gone smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i was actually gona start a thread about pixmania prasing them!

i have had two orders with them both of which were excellently priced and delivered uber fast. im glad i didnt have the trouble some have had as i really needed this order.

good the other side of the story too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Someone sent me the link to this thread knowing I was having trouble the last month. I sent Pixmania a total of 7 emails so far about this. Their response has been less than acceptble. It seems that the item is listed as IN STOCK since I ordered it. Even when I emailed and was told (3.5 weeks ago) that it was out of stock, they did not update the item and it remains as IN STOCK. you wil notice that their signature moto is "Europes number one, always in stock". I think they basically mean, we do not tell you when things are out of stock!!! I ordered on the pretense that both items were in stock and would be dispatched immeidately. That was 1 month ago. Surely if you are 'always in stock' even when you are out of stock, there is no point i neven saying "always in stock"?
    here is an email I sent them only this morning... Just beware of this crowd. If its in stock (as 100% of their stuff is) it might not be in, and they will string you along instead of telling you out straight the issue. I will never use them again. ever.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been chasing you for 1 month about my order and by now I am seriously agitated and angry and certainly won't use pixmania again. Not because my item is late, but because of the dire communication and inreliable information from yourselves. I have been told twice now that the product is "due in TODAY". you used capital letter like that to emphasis the TODAY part. I got that mail last friday the 4th Novemeber. I also got the same mail after another query saying the product was "due in TODAY 7/11/05". I then received another mail on wednesady which said "this product is due in 09/11/05". Please just go to the stock manager and find out for me DEFINITIVELY whether you can et this product in stock. Please do NOT reply to me with a circular stating "this product is due in today 10/11/05". If you cannot get this product anytime soon, just tell me straight out and I will cancel or change my order. Simple. I think perhaps you are afraid to admit you are NOT "always in stock" and would rather string along a "valued customer" instead of levelling with them. Just tell me if you cannot get this product and I will change my order. I mean the item will be technologically obselete by the time you get it for me. Its been 1 month already. Please don't respond with a circular, please ask some questions and get some real Intel on this. I really appreciate your time and dedication to the cause of good customer relations/care.

Kind regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement