Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should you really be promoting HackWatch news?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Hairy Homer

Apologies for my patronising leap to conclusions about the breadth of your knowledge.

Now that's none of your beeswax. :p You don't have to trawl through too many Irish bulletin boards/discussion sites before you come across McCormac and his nose-thumbing lunacy. That's if he really exists. I've never met him. Nor have I ever met anyone who has. Perhaps it's just a nom de plume. (or is that nom d'ordinateur in the 21st century?)

Nose-thumbing maybe but lunacy - no! I tend to regard the rubbish from the technology journalists and soi-disant internet gurus as lunacy.

Actually there is a wonderful quote from "The Usual Suspects" that could describe the situation. But then I prefer Philip K. Dick's definition of reality. Just because you do not seem to believe that I exist is not proof of my non-existence. Since you choose to hide behind an alias, how can I be sure that I have ever met you? If you are Gerry McGovern or Barry O'Neill then I can safely say that I have never met you. Though if you are McGovern then this is a ground breaking moment for you - actually participating in an online forum rather than just waffling about them. :) However the odds of that happening are too big a gamble. Perhaps you are one of his ex-minions Homer. Then again some of his ex-minions have actually met me in person. If you care to name some people in the industry, I'll tell you if I have ever met them.

Regards...jmcc
    (In a Kaiser Soze kind of mood. :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by jmcc

Since you choose to hide behind an alias, how can I be sure that I have ever met you?

Because I say you haven't, and I should know.
    If you are Gerry McGovern

watch it!!
    or Barry O'Neill

What? Yer man from Mumbo Jumbo? Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. The very idea.
    Perhaps you are one of his ex-minions Homer.

Nope.

Then again some of his ex-minions have actually met me in person.

A lot of them have met me too. I'll check them out. Maybe you are in fact Gerry McGovern. Yes. That makes sense. Having tried to make a billion by being a 'Thought Leader' for the 'Digital Age' and seeing that turn to nothing, you now make a complete U-turn and try again by denigrating everything your previous incarnation stood for.

Yes I see it now. Gerry McGovern publishes 'The Caring Economy'; under the pseudonym John McCormac he brings out 'The Couldn't Give a Sh** Economy' How to survive under the same old economic rules that have pertained since the dawn of commerce.

Could be a best seller.

;)

Because I say you haven't, and I should know.

But if you think my identity is an alias, how could you be sure that you have never met me?

Besides you have not offered any proof that you are not McGovern. (Though it is probably unlikely since all he does is waffle on about content now.) I admit that thinking that you were the guy from Mumbojumbo was a low blow. :)

Yes I see it now. Gerry McGovern publishes 'The Caring Economy'; under the pseudonym John McCormac he brings out 'The Couldn't Give a Sh** Economy' How to survive under the same old economic rules that have pertained since the dawn of commerce.

Unlike McGovern, I have a far longer publication record. When that luser was on the sponging on the dole, I was busy writing and researching. When he was trying to rap as 'TD Terrorist', I guess I was lucky not to have seen him as I would have laughed myself to death.

Actually the book you propose would probably sell a lot better than the drivel that McGovern wrote. I saw the same copy of his absolutely dire book in Easons for over six months.

A book on the history and future of the Irish internet might be a good thing. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Unlike McGovern, I have a far longer publication record.
    I thought it just felt like it ;)
    A book on the history and future of the Irish internet might be a good thing. :)
    Preferably written by someone not in the industry, methinks. Anyone in an industry as bitchy as ours is too likely to have an axe to grind, and I wouldn't be interested in reading such a book. My solicitor would, however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

When that luser ....... was trying to rap as 'TD Terrorist', I guess I was lucky not to have seen him as I would have laughed myself to death.

Hullo? What's this? I know McGovern was a rock 'n' roll journalist with Hot Press in his previous incarnation but are you insinuating that he was actually a performing rap artist?

Can this be true?

Tell me (us) more.

We demand to know.

A rap artist with a Longford accent!!!! Yeeesshhh!!

Don' mess with the homies from my hood, you raas claat.

If anybody's got a video, send it in to 'You've been framed' or 'The Blizzard of Odd' right now.

• Advertisement

are you insinuating that he was actually a performing rap artist?

Well performing may be stretching a point but apparently he was heard a few times on pirate radio stations in Dublin rapping. There are apparently tapes of these events. The mind boggles.

I saw him on RealVideo doing a promo for the failed Adornis.com site a few years ago and he just didn't have a lyrical flow. It is the kind of thing that just makes it so difficult to consider him an expert on content. Though strangely if you run his NuaThunking stuff through one of the spoof language converters on the web, it sounds coherent in Gangsta. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement