Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for a swim

Options
  • 24-06-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Dollymount strand has been awarded a blue flag. Would you go swimming there? Many nice beaches in Wexford don't even have blue flags!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i dont know about that one tbh...!
    what about sandymount, would people swim there? i mean the smell down there sometimes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Lisapeep wrote:
    Dollymount strand has been awarded a blue flag. Would you go swimming there? Many nice beaches in Wexford don't even have blue flags!
    The Blue Flag isn't a measure of how "nice" the beach is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How the hell did Malahide get a Blue Flag and Portmarnock didn't! T'is a lot nicer than Malahide beach. :confused:

Can you even go swimming at Malahide beach? The goo that sits on the sand doesn't make it so appealling.

ambrose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can you even go swimming at Malahide beach?
    Evidently yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have always been told not to swim at that beach because the current is so strong from the estury. The lifeguards flag is always red too (ie. dangerous, no swimming).

Is the "High Rock" Malahide or Portmarnock? Lovely area for bathing on a nice sunny day.

ambrose :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,304 ✭✭✭✭Victor

High Rock and Low Rock are both between Malahide and Portmarnock, swim (can be a bit shallow at low tide) there as opposed to on the main beach at Malahide.

Advertisement