Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transsexuals...

Options
  • 10-04-2005 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I'm interested, are there any transsexuals on here, or does anyone know any, specifically in the Limerick area? I'd love to meet some.

Transsexuals get treated very badly and are all but ignored medically and psycholigically in Ireland, it's a real shame. There are probably many closet transsexuals, which isn't a good thing as it normally leads to extreme depression and suicide.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Why do you want to met transexuals? Are you a transexual. I'd imagine it would be quiet insulting just wanting to meet them because their transexual, if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Boston, are you going for a job in the Spanish Inquisition or what ? How about giving someone the benefit of the doubt and not jumping to conclusions and making judgemental comments like "I'd imagine it would be quiet insulting just wanting to meet them because their transexual" ?

Rozie. Queer.ie has a T section: http://www.queer.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Maybe trying contacting OutHouse in Dublin as well.

I read the post a particular way, on another day I might read it a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Sorry for dragging this thread up a month later, but just like most LBGTQ things to start off with, it can be very handy to talk to someone who's been through, or is going through, something that you'll have to do yourself. Most LGB people can just go to their local gaybar... it's a bit more difficult to root out a trans person on occasion. So I can totally understand why Rozie would want to meet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Padser and Banterville are both banned from this forum.

Reason:

I ran our Muppet Check utility and they both come up as the same person. The use of second accounts for trolling is strictly frowned upon and this will be reported to the admins.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Boston wrote:
    Why do you want to met transexuals? Are you a transexual. I'd imagine it would be quiet insulting just wanting to meet them because their transexual, if that is the case.

You know, you're almost as annoying as that padser chap at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

moridin wrote:
    You know, you're almost as annoying as that padser chap at times.

Ah now, that's going a bit far! :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah now, that's going a bit far! :p
    Uh huh, as is the next person to not stay on bloody topic in this thread. They'll be going as far as to be banned for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Personally speaking I only know one or two transsexuals and have met one or two beyond that, and they actually seem to be some of the most well-adjusted people I know. Wait, sorry, the one I know best is a raging Zim fan and computer nerd, where did "well-adjusted" come from? :) *shrugs* The ones I know take the difficulties associated with being transgender in the same stride as any other difficulties in life, which is something I personally admire in them a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

This is really upsetting... I feel very lonely :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭PaulinCork

Hi Rozie,

Sorry you feel lonely,
    I've been looking up some support links:
    http://www.transgender.org/si/tssupport.htm
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TS_Equality_Ireland/?yguid=215871207

I think we should change the name of this forum to LGBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Tranzz is a transexual although I don't think he uses this that often.

Rozie wrote:
    This is really upsetting... I feel very lonely :/

Personally, I can't think of anyone offhand in Limerick. If you want to get to Dublin, there's a group meet in Outhouse every second wednesday at the moment - this wednesday is the next one. As a word of warning, there aren't that many young'uns who go there, but it's at least a start. ;)

A little trick would be, if you know you're going somewhere, send out a few feelers. Like if you're going to Dublin for some reason (or London, to explore the Camden Markets), see if there's anyone you want to meet there and get in contact with them, see if you can meet for coffee. Just remember to do it in a nice open public place in case they turn out to be psychos and all the other good advice about randomly meeting people.

Good luck,
    Phantom Beaker

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A lot of transexual and transvestite people congregate in a place called Tranniehaven on Sat nites in Dublin. Through this club, I've met people from all over Ireland:
    www.tranniehaven.com

Also try the various yahoo groups:
    groups.yahoo.com/group/youngirishtvs
    groups.yahoo.com/group/irishtrannie
    groups.yahoo.com/group/youngirishtransvestites
    groups.yahoo.com/group/tranniehaven

You will find plenty more links from the above sites. Do a search for Limerick in those groups and you will probably find plenty of people posting about it. I know for a fact some of them meet in the Globe.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I have to admit it's great to have a resource like that, but that website is one of the worst designed ones I've ever seen, second only to Power City

rsynott, get on it!

I have to agree, t.haven looks absolutely terrible, but the club is a lot of fun to go to. The tg who does the site is only learning html though, and she does it in her spare time, for free, without asking for anything from tranniehaven.

*Phantom Beaker dons her "+5 nerd points" hat*

Um, if that site gives the owners access to PHP (or ASP or JSP or ColdFusion) and a database, I'm sure I could point those people in the direction of good content management systems to make their job a LOT easier. Easier to create and link new pages and to keep the data all up to date.

*Phantom Beaker doffs her nerd hat... her nerd level is now only 295 nerd points*

Back on topic: There's also a UK based TS youth mailing list... I'm checking to see if they cater for Irish members (technically I'm one, but due to the way their constitution is phrased, technically I shouldn't be a member... it's probably just an oversight, but I just want to clear it with them then I'll point you in their direction).

There's also mermaids - http://www.mermaids.freeuk.com/ - the site is very old, but it's for young trans people with the support of their parents. Useful to some young trans people, not so useful to others (the ones who don't have support from parents). I've no face to face experience with these people so normal "Caveat Emptor" warning.

Take care/Good luck
    Phantom beaker

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Louisevb

Thank you for your comments on "my terrible website" www.tranniehaven.com...
    This site is worked on every weekend without any funding from any one and is there to support the tg community in Ireland... Before you open your keyboard please put your brain in gear, and do not insult people you have no knowledge of.
    We are not all website whiz kids...with attitude
    Louisevb

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

In fairness people were offering to help Louise

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Louise, very quick question... as I haven't been able to find this info on the site. Where is the club actually held?

P.B.

• Advertisement

Advance warning for all the TV, TS, And CD community, of a brand new evening for the girls, brought to you by The Divine Miss M and the team at Flux Bar, Cork.
    It promises to be a classy night, with complimentary champagne and nibbles on arrival.
    There will be entertainment and music till late, all hosted by myself, Miss M.
    Please private message me if you have any suggestions or ideas.
    Kisses... The M....XXX
    First evening will be on Tuesday 28th April.....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Louisevb

The Tranniehaven club is located in north city centre
    Follow this link and there is a telephone number for Amanda
    Tell her Louise sent you
    http://www.tranniehaven.com/tranniehaven_2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

There are quite a lot of TS folk in West Cork (of all places). Check out the Gay Cork forum, there are dozens of threads. Its very nasty and mean of some of the people on here to jump to conclusions about the OP and why they would like to meet people. There is also TENI, and there used to be GIDI, but not sure if GIDI are still going. I believe the main person who broke away from TENI to start GIDI broke away from that now and is now an "organization" of 1!!

shoegirl wrote: »
    There are quite a lot of TS folk in West Cork (of all places). Check out the Gay Cork forum, there are dozens of threads. Its very nasty and mean of some of the people on here to jump to conclusions about the OP and why they would like to meet people. There is also TENI, and there used to be GIDI, but not sure if GIDI are still going. I believe the main person who broke away from TENI to start GIDI broke away from that now and is now an "organization" of 1!!

Save your righteous indignation. It was four years ago and at the time there was alot of threads being started by "admirers" which the TS posters hear found offensive. Furthermore the OP was shown to be a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

A blast from the past.

Please start up a new thread if there is something of relevance to say about this issue. This thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement