Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint

Options
  • 10-07-2001 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I would like to issue a complaint regarding one of your moderators, Bob the unlucky octopus.
    He gave me negative karma on a board he doesn't even moderate (counter-strike), reason being : "randomly insulting another user for no reason". There was in fact a very good reason for this.

Here is the email he sent me:
    This is a warning for your post at:
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum20/HTML/001767.html#37

You are being warned for the following reason:
    Randomly insulting another boards.ie user (Lucy-la-morte) on "CS is boring thread", CS forums- you've been warned twice for flame...please try and calm down

This warning was issued by Bob the Unlucky Octopus

What is now was once only imagined.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As they say play with fire and get burned biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I personally don't think emails, even those automated ones sent when you set good or bad karma, should be brought up and quoted in a public forum. This kind of thing should be settled with an email to the admins, IMHO.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Repli I have read your post in the said topic and to be honest I think Bob was right to give you bad karma. You have been warned before for flaming ppl and you haven't stopped doing it. As for the fact that Bob is not a mod on the CS board that doesn't make a difference all mods on the main section of boards.ie can give karma on any forum. If you look at you history you will see that Devore gave you karma on the humour board which is not his board the system is there for all mods to try and keep ppl in line and praise ppl who post good stuff. You were warned before and even by the big Dev himself but you have yet to learn. Karma can be regained if you post good stuff and I know mods give out good karma when warrented.

kayos

PS just lay off flaming ppl it not nice smile.gif

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahahahahaha

thats a funny thread

yes sir, one funny thread.

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    EDIT
    Another thing i left out that Cs needs:
    ban of lucy la morte from servers
    more blood
    v</font>

I for one am getting tired of the crap where Lucy appears to gets flak on the CS boards justified or not.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Repli: Explain to me exactly WHAT your very good reason was? Perhaps it was "because I dont like here".

pffff.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Devore it was the fact, if you check some of the previous topics or posts I, have made on music and cstrike boards, she disagrees with everything i say no matter what it is, and she annoys me and insults me in some cases. I don't know what her problem is she should just fuck off and die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Repli, I read that post mate and you deserved a warning at the very least for that remark. Personally I would have awarded you with negative karma myself if it had been my call.

The mods on these boards cant be expected to take into consideration everything that is said between two posters. There are too many ppl. If Lucy insulted you on other posts then she will/would have gotten negative karma too. If she just disagreed then get a grip, this is a public forum for discussion and debate. People disagree here more than they agree generally.

If you read that thread I think that you will see that its in fact Shinji that is slagging you. (and it was funny imo) I'm guessing you picked Lucy to have a go at because she is an easier target than Shinji.

I have to say that I agree with Hobbes on this one, I'm amazed that Lucy still posts here with the amount of flak she gets.

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Repli:
    BTW lucy la motormouth are you still in france, if yes please dont come back
    </font>

Just saw the above now, farther down in the same thread. Have you completely lost your mind?
    Lemmie get this straight
    cause I'm having trouble believing it:
    You blatantly insulted Lucy twice in the same thread and now you are p!ssed off cause you got a negative Karma point??

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHADOW:
    If she just disagreed then get a grip, this is a public forum for discussion and debate.
    </font>
    Okay I can accept it when someone disagrees with me, but EVERY single topic I set, when she has something to comment on it's always against it.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    I'm guessing you picked Lucy to have a go at because she is an easier target than Shinji.
    </font>

I am aware Shinji was slagging me (yes haha roflmao etc.) but I was already very pissed off at Lucy over other things and that particular post just pushed me over the edge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't know what her problem is she should just **** off and die</font>

Jesus comments like that should not be acceptable on these boards, I reckon you need to grow up and stop taking everything so personally, oh no a girl on the internet doesn't agree with me and decides to say so at every occasion, you poor fella, you must be indeed pissed off as you put it.

Advertisement