Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Laughs

Options
  • 30-11-2004 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Saw this yesterday.
    What's the tall skinny fella with glasses name?
    He was hilarious.
    The presenter was a waster though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dave mc savege
    he used to be in temple bar all the time
    hes a good chap
    rips the pi5s outta everyone,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

No, gotta say it was dissappointing. Now the panel was funny. come back............

hope that the L_L is better next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Dave McSavage reminds me of Podge or Rodge. Can't stand lookin at him but he can be funny on occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I love David McSavage - actually bumped into him a few months ago with the presenter while they were filming for this on the quays.

"Wow! Sean Hughes!"
    (We talk for a while - ask them how they are, what they're doing...then a camera guy calls him over so I start talking to David...)
    "Hey - you know who I am too right?"
    (I did - of course - but I decided to have a bit of a laugh with him)
    "No - are you like his assistant?"
    "Oooo, ye little b*st*rd." *storms off to cameraman for a while*

Later on I bumped into them again in temple bar IIRC, ah, they're both nice guys - Sean Hughes seemed very hung over or something though! McSavage was great fun to chat with.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So was it just me that thought Dave McSavage was an unfunny tosser, and the only reason for the audience watching him in temple bar was people waiting for him to insult the wrong person and then get his head kicked in?

Seriously. The entire length of that program, the only funny thing he said was about that woman's trousers, the rest of it was him acting like a self-gratifying moron. I mean when have you ever heard someone genuinely funny describe something they do as being "inherently hilarious"?

As if the world really needs another d*ckhead with a microphone and guitar round the place...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Fysh wrote:
    So was it just me that thought Dave McSavage was an unfunny tosser, and the only reason for the audience watching him in temple bar was people waiting for him to insult the wrong person and then get his head kicked in?

Seriously. The entire length of that program, the only funny thing he said was about that woman's trousers, the rest of it was him acting like a self-gratifying moron. I mean when have you ever heard someone genuinely funny describe something they do as being "inherently hilarious"?

As if the world really needs another d*ckhead with a microphone and guitar round the place...
    Totally agree, even his name now makes me vomit.
    and that ad where he said slagging people on the street is "intrinsically hilarious" as you said drives me mad. He should try it someday on cruises st in limerick.
    Imagine if he called Antony Kelly a fat b*stard.
    OMG i'd pay a lot to see that...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Excuse me folks on the street would you mind helping me forward my career by standing there and being abused. Bit like the stand-ups who like to pick on folks at the front of the stage. You gonna give me some of your paycheck for being part of your act?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, in my experience a lot of standups take the piss out of people near the front (Billy Connolly and Colin Murphy, for starters). It's over-used sometimes, but it can also be a way of making the whole thing feel like less of a routine. Depends on your tastes, I suppose. Personally I always shy away from the front for that very reason.

McSavage is still a smelly cumstain on the bedsheets of popular culture, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David McSavage

Hi,
    Wow, a lot of hatred has been sent my way on this page, especially by Fysh (real name: Brian, aged 22, from Cork) . I accept your condemnation of me , but I do feel that I am intrinsically, and outrageously funny.
    You guys are the future of this Country, and don't feel guilty about masturbating so much, it's not a bad thing.
    Much Love,
    David
    ps. Im playing in Cork, City Limits, this Fri and Sat,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

David. good of you to register on this site just to give us that heartwarming message. I wish you well.

P.S. If I'm the future then someone tell my boss of the last 10 years. He might give me a raise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

You guys are the future of this Country, and don't feel guilty about masturbating so much, it's not a bad thing.
    Much Love,
    David

Thanks the Sweet Lord for that. Your acceptance of my sexual practices has raised my respect for you by a million-fold. However, I still have more respect for the particular shade of brown-khaki that was my vomit after watching your hideously uncomfortable 'act' on Liffey Laugh. Oh, and nice job sticking to the easy '****' gags. Nice to see the tone raised once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hey Dave you ever coming to London soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David McSavage

Yeah,
    What can you say about the Liffey Laughs, a few semi-succesful Irish comedians, big sweeping camera shots over the audience, a few ridiculous interviews.
    I look at my life as a work in Progress, and so I'm bound to make mistakes along the way, As a stand-up Comedian, when you walk out on stage, likeability is quite an important thing, and no matter how funny you are, if someone doesnt like you, then its going to be hard for them to enjoy anything that comes out of your mouth.
    In this country we have this in-built raging Irish jealousy/begrudgery thing going on, Im full of it myself. When Des Bishop hit it big with his living on minimum wage doco, a part of me died.
    People need to laugh, the jokes don't have to be that funny, so I've been making a living as a performer for 15 years, and I can feel myself improving all the time, so I'm just saying, you ought to prepare yourselves for the possibility of me, David McSavage being really succesfull, stranger things have happened.
    Anyway, I'm going to turn this computer off now, and I'm going to lie in my King-Size futon, and think about you guys geeking out, at the possibility of me being a star, and I'm going to **** myself so hard.
    Much Love,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

So are you coming to London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Hi,
    Wow, a lot of hatred has been sent my way on this page, especially by Fysh (real name: Brian, aged 22, from Cork) . I accept your condemnation of me , but I do feel that I am intrinsically, and outrageously funny.
    Much Love,
    David
    ps. Im playing in Cork, City Limits, this Fri and Sat,
    Hey man if it is really you. Nice to meet you.

I've never met you, dont know anyone who has so i really cant guess what you are like. What i said above is just my impressions of you from the little bit i saw of you on LL's.
    Im sure you're prolly sound an all but you just come across as a bit arrogant (sorry) Now im sure you're not and the only reason you came across that way is because its part of the routine (eddie murphy an arrogant bastard too but hilarious).
    Then the name Mcsavage - i used be called something like that when i was 6.

i just didnt find it funny but that was because as you say i took a dislike to you and regardless what you said thereafter i wasnt goin to like it.
    But i promise i'll watch out for you and try give you unbiased view.

What i really find funny is some of my mates who can pass witty comments without insulting anyone. Thats the hardest thing to do imho and i really respect it.

Ps slaggin fysh isnt the way forward either

Advertisement