Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limitless 240Mb query

Options
  • 06-08-2017 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Hi im currently on Limitless 240Mb with a Download/Upload speed:
    240 Download / 24 Upload

what i want to know is im in the process of getting a : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/circle-2-home-security-camera

Will this eat up a lot of my broadband Data Now or does my current package cover this?

ALso what is the difference between Limitless And Unlimited ?

And if i log in on my Mobile phone will this Eat a lot of my Data ?

Thanks in Advance folks ...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No issue with your home package, 0.7-1.5GB/hr for your mobile is likely to be significant.

ED E wrote: »
    No issue with your home package, 0.7-1.5GB/hr for your mobile is likely to be significant.

So if I leave it on for a hour it could use 1.5gb of data?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

torrevieja wrote: »
    So if I leave it on for a hour it could use 1.5gb of data?

It will depend on the resolution and framerate you choose. 1080 will use more data than 720, 30fps will use more than 15fps. The device seems to have motion detection so it would not be necessary to leave it recording for hours on end. The camera would only record when it detects motion so your data usage should be lower unless you intend using it in a high traffic environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You're on completely limitless data on the fixed line, with no fair usage policy - so who cares how much it uses!

Obviously logging on through your mobile will use data, but certainly on the similar TP Link camera I got, you can set it up so it sends you alerts if there's movement. You wouldn't be looking at the live view all the time.

• Advertisement

It will depend on the resolution and framerate you choose. 1080 will use more data than 720, 30fps will use more than 15fps. The device seems to have motion detection so it would not be necessary to leave it recording for hours on end. The camera would only record when it detects motion so your data usage should be lower unless you intend using it in a high traffic environment.

The motion detection you have to subscribe for 10 Euro a month to get this offer

Just don't want lots of messages every time someone passses in background

So does it store the recordings on the cloud, or how do you go back and watch, if you noticed something has happened?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So does it store the recordings on the cloud, or how do you go back and watch, if you noticed something has happened?

Yea u get 24 hours free one sec :

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/About-Logitech-Circle-Safe

Has a 30 second day brief so u can see what happened in that day

That's not so bad so.

Don't know whether to go for the 10 euro a month or just do the 24 hour

• Advertisement
Advertisement