Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If we're regaling in Mk8 Civic electrical woe tales, mine, without fail every morning, decides that the ABS simply must be active for the first 5 minutes continuously. As in, every touch of the brakes brings the rumble. After 5 minutes the ABS/VSA warning lights come on, which at this point is better than them being off...

Should really get that fixed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Well, at least with mine it was user inflicted (well, user's 5 year old most likely)... The car hasn't missed a beat since I bought it two years ago, so to have all that in the space of a couple of weeks was maddening.

Still, all good now, a trash along the backroads and I've forgiven it.

My pug wagon on the other hand, had it's NCT today and failed in the most spectacular fashion, so in the market for a new banger. :pac:

Can see the dirt on the wheels even from this angle...

http://i.imgur.com/BdaMJ0h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Nice civics lads!

@Skylinehead - Would you ever consider installing a set of fog lights? I'd love a set myself.

job seeker wrote: »
    Nice civics lads!

@Skylinehead - Would you ever consider installing a set of fog lights? I'd love a set myself.

I've looked at just about everything you can get, fogs/exhausts/whatever, only got the grille done. They're fairly expensive for what you get, unless you harvest from a scrapyard maybe, and I won't be doing it now, will probably sell the car in the next few months for something with more poke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

OSI wrote: »
    Based on the MK2 Focus chassis as well which is considered a great drive. It's basically a softer Focus ST.

But without the necessary turbo. It's just an expensive motor to tax, with less power and performance than the 2.0T engine.

I've looked at just about everything you can get, fogs/exhausts/whatever, only got the grille done. They're fairly expensive for what you get, unless you harvest from a scrapyard maybe, and I won't be doing it now, will probably sell the car in the next few months for something with more poke.

Ah I see. Ah, I totally agree with you about the price of stuff. Sounds good, any idea what you'll replace it with?

job seeker wrote: »
    Ah I see. Ah, I totally agree with you about the price of stuff. Sounds good, any idea what you'll replace it with?

C200
    E92 320i
    RX8
    Leon FR
    GTI
    Clio 197
    Type R of the same model Civic I have
    Accord

Those have all gone through my head at some point in the last year. Still no closer to deciding :pac:

C200
    E92 320i
    RX8
    Leon FR
    GTI
    Clio 197
    Type R of the same model Civic I have
    Accord

Those have all gone through my head at some point in the last year. Still no closer to deciding :pac:

This! :cool:

That's what I want to buy next, but I will hold onto my current civic for another 5 years.

I wouldn't mind one, but maybe something different. I was looking pretty heavily at RX8s but the finances weren't great afterwards, bit better now so maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

R.O.R wrote: »
    But without the necessary turbo. It's just an expensive motor to tax, with less power and performance than the 2.0T engine.

2.0T are almost impossible to find here. 2.4 is a rarity, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

R.O.R wrote: »

They never made the S40 with the 2.0T engine.

Due to the above mindset I was also able to pick the car up for very little in the first place, so I don't mind the extra €400 in tax. It buys 45bhp over the 1.8 and obviously that lovely 5 pot noise. Seems like an ok deal to me before I mention that it's superbly reliable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

166man wrote: »
    They never made the S40 with the 2.0T engine.

Due to the above mindset I was also able to pick the car up for very little in the first place, so I don't mind the extra €400 in tax. It buys 45bhp over the 1.8 and obviously that lovely 5 pot noise. Seems like an ok deal to me before I mention that it's superbly reliable. :)

You can get the 2.0 t4 in the previous s40 like.
    I would prefer the 5cyl sounds for a more fun daily driver, used to adore the sound my fiat coupe meant, 20v 5cly turbo Pininfarina sex on wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Another "post a video of your car" post. :)

Sun was out and had some time to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

If I took a video of my car it would just be of it with it's bonnet open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Another "post a video of your car" post. :)

Sun was out and had some time to kill.

Lovely car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

600_463122716.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Did I see ya flying around Blackpool in Cork last week Ubbquittious? Unless you have a doppelganger with one of those down here :pac:

Picture because picture thread :pac:
    N3qnoNuh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

[quote="Ubbquittious;104174712"https://secure.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/6/d/c/600_463122716.jpeg[/quote]

You need to put up a sound clip of that revving out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late. Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

mondeo5yr1.png

mondeo5yr2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

@voodoo that's an absolute beast! Never really appreciated them as much until I watched your video to be honest. Tis a beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late. Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

Rear arm bushes going I'd bet ;)

Rear arm bushes going I'd bet

No actually, and they're supposed to be a common issue. Track rod, ball joints, one of the front brakes stuck last week. Ps pump went twice in the 5 years, replaced that a few weeks back. That's it really, aside from the normal consumables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Synonymous with the anonymous, one can safely head into the city and blend into the background with this quintessential Dubliner's car driven by a culchie at heart
    35716635930_bfaf66ea9c_h.jpg

The wrong gearbox makes for fast getaways from the lights and more flexibility round the streets. When parked up on it's own is the only time it can be picked out; singled out in the grey concrete jungle and Georgian lovechild
    36107231785_2e7c744cc8_h.jpg

I had to walk up beside it before I could notice it was mine, parked textbook in a line of generic cost minimized basic transportation devices, it was nice to realize it more than likely had one of the the biggest engines and boots of the current lot
    35299385983_180e1ed5c5_h.jpg

Back out on the road, a detour through the mountains was chosen. A generic car fits in anywhere
    36111870126_933c6a8c53_h.jpg

Who knows where I've turned up under the radar over the course of the last month... ;)

A modest 42mpg was averaged over a 640 odd mile trip, all of which included the above filtered photos :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't know what it is but I always did like the styling of the rear boot spoiler on the Avensis going on over the Toyota logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I don't know what it is but I always did like the styling of the rear boot spoiler on the Avensis going on over the Toyota logo.

It doesn't really upset the line of the boot, a conventional one would stick out like a sore thumb :) I have grown to accept it, quite a few out there have it fitted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

We have this girl 5 years this week. Time has flown! Still going strong, albeit a few suspension bits and pieces going of late.Took these pics only an hour ago, in failing light. In dire need of a wash. Got new pressed metal plates for it a few weeks back. Freshen it up a bit!

I guess you could say you have...

Ahem...

A noccy mondy?

rizzodun wrote:
    I guess you could say you have...
    Ahem...
    A noccy mondy?

Awh jeez, just leave..... :pac:

I actually hate that username!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,565 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

- Become a subscriber (shortest/cheapest option's enough AFAIR).

- Ask relevant people to change your username.

- Enjoy your new and shiny identity! :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I've seen yours on Facebook and it looks like a candidate for sleeper of the year. Love the colour, same as my (unwashed and unloved) S60.

Dude I think you need to research what a sleeper is, a 170bhp mid exec car ain't no sleeper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement