Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

And shur let's see what Flash does to it all further down the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox film somewhere in the universe/timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Slydice wrote: »

Oh man I really hope they can keep themselves somewhat restraint with Flash. It's already a pain in the arse trying to figure out the Xmen timeline and what did happen and what has not happened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Oh man I really hope they can keep themselves somewhat restraint with Flash. It's already a pain in the arse trying to figure out the Xmen timeline and what did happen and what has not happened now.

Especially seeing what they've done with The Flash TV show. That timeline is like a bowl of spaghetti at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll wait for them to get the Flash....WW Spoiler....
    Go back in time and save Steve for Diana.
    That would just about sum up DCEU for me if that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm kinda hoping for The Flash film they stay away from the whole time travel can of worms. Unless the story/script absolutely demands it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'll wait for them to get the Flash....WW Spoiler....
    Go back in time and save Steve for Diana.
    That would just about sum up DCEU for me if that happened.
    Sad thing is, that's probably not just a WW spoiler, you've probably just given away a whole multi-film arc that some execs thought they had hit on a goldmine with!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Time travel will almost certainly be introduced at some stage, as evident by The Flash in BvS. They clearly want to build towards something which necessitates The Flash having to go back in time to warn Bruce about something. Even if events are already set in motion to avoid that future, they'll have to show how The Flash is able to time travel using the speedforce which allowed him to do it.

That being said, (WW Spoilers)
    Steve isn't coming back. There'd be no good reason to have Flash go back and save him or bring him to the present, and if he was going to do that, why stop there? Why not have him save Robin and Bruce's parents? They'll almost definitely use time travel in some capacity in the future to at least show it's possible and one of the Flash's abilities, but I can't see them using it to that extent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They'll just Linda Carter it, he'll show up playing his own great grand son. "The resemblance is amazing!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

If Flash makes a boo boo time travelling it'll either be inadvertently/something which cannot be helped or it'll be for his own immediate personal reasons.

WW Spoiler -
    Unless Steve is privy to some compelling info that they need in the present I'm afraid Pine is done. Which is a shame on one hand but good on another, given they made sure to cast the right person for the right role without fear of missing the boat on milking a character for all it is worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox film somewhere in the universe/timeline?

I dunno. I mean... like a big part of that film for me was Wonder Womans part before Flash did his thing. I don't know that anyone could deliver that Wonder Woman. Patty Jenkins might. The others so far...:confused:

Might be best to leave it alone. I saw the bits of Wonder Woman that were directly tied to the DCEU and it feels like many people are saying that was the weakest part of the film.

Regardless
    Chris Pine has a three movie deal so it's very likely Trevor's going to pop up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Regardless
    Chris Pine has a three movie deal so it's very likely Trevor's going to pop up again.

We'll that's just DC all over....

Regardless
    It means very little. It would be stupid for a studio that's running a multi film connected universe to not add extra films to each actors contract just in case. It's unlikely it will ever be used or if it is most likely a flashback scene. Really there's nothing to be worried about with that.

Edit: for example Felicity Jones has a multi film deal with Disney. Will it ever be used? Probably not. But it's there as an insurance should a director want to use a character further down the line.

We'll that's just DC all over....

I agree with IncognitoMan,
    it's likely insignificant and will just be used for possible flashback purposes. To be honest, my biggest fear going into it was that they were going to make Steve Trevor reveal himself to be Ares. That would have been a true "DC all over..." move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭techdiver

Penn wrote: »
    I agree with IncognitoMan,
    it's likely insignificant and will just be used for possible flashback purposes. To be honest, my biggest fear going into it was that they were going to make Steve Trevor reveal himself to be Ares. That would have been a true "DC all over..." move.

In fairness Marvel are the worst offenders when it comes to ****ing up a bad guy in Iron Man 3. DC haven't come close to anything so stupid in that regard.....

techdiver wrote: »
    In fairness Marvel are the worst offenders when it comes to ****ing up a bad guy in Iron Man 3. DC haven't come close to anything so stupid in that regard.....

Yeah, DC have just ****ed up their heroes. :pac:

Yeah, DC have just ****ed up their heroes. :pac:

Also, Marvel un****ed up the Mandarin, whereas we're still living in Marthaland :D

Speaking of, I saw a headline that JL is having extensive reshoots. Is it getting Whedoned?

Also, Marvel un****ed up the Mandarin, whereas we're still living in Marthaland :D

Speaking of, I saw a headline that JL is having extensive reshoots. Is it getting Whedoned?

I don't think a one shot should be classed as properly correcting something (unless I'm out of the loop on a Mandarin appearance in AoS or something).....then again I didn't even really care that they pulled the rug from underneath us in IM3 in that regard.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I don't think a one shot should be classed as properly correcting something (unless I'm out of the loop on a Mandarin appearance in AoS or something).....then again I didn't even really care that they pulled the rug from underneath us in IM3 in that regard.

I'd take it as an un****ing cos it is canon but I also didn't really care. I have no real vested interest in any of Iron Man's villains tbh...

• Advertisement

Honestly I didn't even know it was a problem watching the film. I know very little about Iron Man from the comics and so does 99.99% of the people who seen the film. A tiny group of annoyed fans made a big deal about it and suddenly everyone jumped on the whole "they ****ed the Mandarin up" when most hadn't even heard of the character until Iron-man 3.

Honestly I didn't even know it was a problem watching the film. I know very little about Iron Man from the comics and so does 99.99% of the people who seen the film. A tiny group of annoyed fans made a big deal about it and suddenly everyone jumped on the whole "they ****ed the Mandarin up" when most hadn't even heard of the character until Iron-man 3.

Iron Man 3 spoilers:
    I knew of the Mandarin but had no issue with what they did. It was funny, it made sense and was a better fit for the MCU at the time than introducing the Mandarin's 10 rings. Aldrich Killian being the main baddie was a better enemy for Tony to face (especially since the film was more about Tony himself than being Iron Man) and it was a genuine surprise, something which can be missing from a lot of the Marvel films. Plus there's still scope to bring in the real Mandarin further down the line should they so choose. Plus The Mandarin as he was being presented in the film was nothing more than a terrorist. There was nothing personal in his fight with Tony. With Killian, Tony can see a reflection of himself due to their similarities.

Wonder Woman Spoilers:
    Whereas if in my point they made Steve Trevor into Ares, I fail to see how that would have worked at all. It would have ruined her only human relationship, made everything he'd done irrelevant and pointless, and just been done for shock value and nothing more.

On the wonder woman spoiler. I'm not arguing for that at all. I agree it would have been terrible. Luckily I don't think it was ever on the cards.

I actually thought it was funny and in line with the trailers. There was just something a bit off about Kingsley's appearances in the promotional material in the run up to IM3. Kingsley was either hamming it up unintentionally or intentionally...and I was relieved to see it was the latter.

My problem with the Iron Man thing was that, frankly, he was scary as all hell when he was the Mandarin, and it felt like someone could actually threaten Tony for once. I didn't need the ten ring powers, just someone so smart he can beat Iron Man without all kinds of tech. How scary is that person?

While I laughed out loud when Trevor was introduced, it removed the air of menace that was consistent throughout Iron Man 3 up to that point. That's the main reason I don't like it.

My problem with the Iron Man thing was that, frankly, he was scary as all hell when he was the Mandarin, and it felt like someone could actually threaten Tony for once. I didn't need the ten ring powers, just someone so smart he can beat Iron Man without all kinds of tech. How scary is that person?

While I laughed out loud when Trevor was introduced, it removed the air of menace that was consistent throughout Iron Man 3 up to that point. That's the main reason I don't like it.

But I don't see how that doesn't add another level of threat to it. Everything Tony thought the Mandarin was, Aldrich Killian actually was. Everything he thought the Mandarin had done was Aldrich Killian. But really, all the Mandarin did was cause a few explosions. He never really outwitted Tony or anything.

Whereas Killian, he was behind it all, hiding in plain sight. He did outsmart Tony.

I get the deflation which came with the reveal of Trevor, but everything that was attributed to the Mandarin should surely then be attributed to Killian, with an extra level of deception and outsmarting Tony & Pepper.

But I don't see how that doesn't add another level of threat to it. Everything Tony thought the Mandarin was, Aldrich Killian actually was. Everything he thought the Mandarin had done was Aldrich Killian. But really, all the Mandarin did was cause a few explosions. He never really outwitted Tony or anything.

Whereas Killian, he was behind it all, hiding in plain sight. He did outsmart Tony.

I get the deflation which came with the reveal of Trevor, but everything that was attributed to the Mandarin should surely then be attributed to Killian, with an extra level of deception and outsmarting Tony & Pepper.

100% subjective but because you don't have Ben Kingsley doing it. Killian felt about as imposing as my black labrador :D

I still maintain that you could easily cut 30-40 minutes from BvS and it would have been a much better film. Dream sequences, Lois & the bullet, half of the Lex scenes, the Wally guy, celebs/news debating whether Superman is good or not... The film would still have some issues but it'd be a hell of a lot tighter and enjoyable to watch.

I can't agree. I think that's some of the more interesting stuff you've cut there.

Dream sequences - I liked it because it shows the universe has a lot more to come. But I can understand how it was confusing to some so this could maybe have gone, but I'm glad it didn't from a fan looking forward point of view.

Lois and the bullet - I felt this was important because it shows Lex's scheming and the way he has been trying to damage the image of Superman in the public's eye and Batman's. It also gave us a chance to see Lois do her thing.

half of the Lex scenes - While I don't like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex, you can't cut too much out or his character loses all impact on the film altogether. The jolly rancher scene could go though :pac:

the Wally guy - Again this is all about showing how Lex has been setting events up behind the scenes. Also if you take wally out you lose the explosion at the court house which I thought was a really good example of just how far Lex was willing to go to make Superman the bad guy. All the effort to get that wally guy to kill himself showed a real dark side to him and even sacrificing his assistant who had been at his right hand side all along. Also getting rid of that senator who was standing in his way. That is actually the best thing Lex does in the film, It shows a real dark unhinged man.

celebs/news debating whether Superman is good or not - This I really liked. I thought it helped pad out the world so much. This is exactly what would happen if an alien who could fly appeared on earth. I wish they had gone deeper into this and explored just how much a superman would have changed the world. It's something I'd like them to delve a little deeper into in Man of Steel 2 but I doubt we will. Also when he comes back now he will be a hero to everyone after his sacrifice so I think this chapter is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭techdiver

I can't agree. I think that's some of the more interesting stuff you've cut there.

Dream sequences - I liked it because it shows the universe has a lot more to come. But I can understand how it was confusing to some so this could maybe have gone, but I'm glad it didn't from a fan looking forward point of view.

Lois and the bullet - I felt this was important because it shows Lex's scheming and the way he has been trying to damage the image of Superman in the public's eye and Batman's. It also gave us a chance to see Lois do her thing.

half of the Lex scenes - While I don't like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex, you can't cut too much out or his character loses all impact on the film altogether. The jolly rancher scene could go though :pac:

the Wally guy - Again this is all about showing how Lex has been setting events up behind the scenes. Also if you take wally out you lose the explosion at the court house which I thought was a really good example of just how far Lex was willing to go to make Superman the bad guy. All the effort to get that wally guy to kill himself showed a real dark side to him and even sacrificing his assistant who had been at his right hand side all along. Also getting rid of that senator who was standing in his way. That is actually the best thing Lex does in the film, It shows a real dark unhinged man.

celebs/news debating whether Superman is good or not - This I really liked. I thought it helped pad out the world so much. This is exactly what would happen if an alien who could fly appeared on earth. I wish they had gone deeper into this and explored just how much a superman would have changed the world. It's something I'd like them to delve a little deeper into in Man of Steel 2 but I doubt we will. Also when he comes back now he will be a hero to everyone after his sacrifice so I think this chapter is over.

Agree with everything except for the bolded part.

I would have much rather had an upbeat life or death Superman saving people scene. It what we have properly seen yet is Superman actually being Superman apart from final act set pieces.

• Advertisement

techdiver wrote: »
    Agree with everything except for the bolded part.

I would have much rather had an upbeat life or death Superman saving people scene. It what we have properly seen yet is Superman actually being Superman apart from final act set pieces.

I know it's hard to say right now what will or will not happen but if we see Superman do all his Superman saving people stuff in Man of Steel 2 won't it mean that bit more now because he has gone through the doubt and the people of earth not fully accepting him?

I mean if he comes in and everyone just loves him and accepts him from the start it just loses something...

Advertisement