Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken UK (and Ireland!) Tournament series comes to Dublin April 22nd

• 07-03-2017 12:07pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Something the big man and I have had in the pipeline for a long time has come to fruition. Free play on Tekken 7 prior to release with the latest build, free in, free t shirt, ESL stream with ketchup and Mustard- looking like a great day. A great FREE day!

Here's the deets:

ESL & Tekken 7 are coming to Dublin. A stop on their UK and Ireland tour and hosted in association with AsOne Productions. It is a celebration of Tekken and the second of 6 events spread all across the UK and with this being the only stop for Ireland.

AsOne are delighted to announce this and we see it as for the community in Ireland. A celebration of Tekken and we encourage the entire FGC to come and experience that game before it is released.

Entry to this event is FREE and eveyone who comes will get some exclusive Tekken 7 merchandise and prizes. In order to secure your place, please click on the challonge link below to ensure you are entered into the bracket.

· Top 3 from each event qualify for final in MCM Comic Con
    · Belt at the Finals at MCM Comic Con in London
    · Free Tekken 7 T-Shirt for all entrants.

PND Ketchup and Mustard will be on hand to provide commentary with ESL and AsOne.

There will be a live stream on ESL channels with some top players coming over to compete. We will have over 20 setups all with the latest Tekken 7 build for competition and casual play.

We have to limit places to 128 entrants so we suggest that you register your interest here - http://asone.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2npAbnmTHy
    (If you do not have a challonge account they are free to setup).

Location is the Academy Plaza Hotel.

There will be stations to play casually on without having to enter the tournamnet so if you just want to try it out, get yourself there on the day.

Further details on the Tour itself - https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/2017/03/07/tekken-7-uk-championships/6054

ESL UK:
    https://www.facebook.com/esluk/
    https://twitter.com/ESLUK
    @ESLUK

Bandai Namco Entertainment UK:
    https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcoUK
    https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK
    @BandaiNamcoUK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gutted I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Not seeing a link to tickets, am I blind? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not seeing a link to tickets, am I blind? :pac:

Just sign up to challonge. You're free to walk in to play casuals on the day, but if you wanna play in the tournament, you need to reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Where's it being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Where's it being held?

Academy Plaza Hotel

*Feverishly updates OP*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

When is this on? I can't find the date.

Probably over.

Looking forward to the full release though. Only a few months away now!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

When is this on? I can't find the date.

Probably over.

Looking forward to the full release though. Only a few months away now!

https://www.facebook.com/events/400178787016197/

I must be blind but it says tickets link above on the FB description but I can't see said link.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I must be blind but it says tickets link above on the FB description but I can't see said link.

Entry is free but you'll have to sign up in order to enter the actual tournament. Here's the site: http://asone.challonge.com/T7UkIRLChampionship

It also says "April 22nd" in the thread title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I don't feel confident enough to enter. I mean I've never touched T7 or tekken overall in months on end. Think I should go for it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I don't feel confident enough to enter. I mean I've never touched T7 or tekken overall in months on end. Think I should go for it anyway?

Just go and have fun!

Also there is 16 days of practice before the event...

You don't have to enter the tournament, just register so you get access to the event.

There'll be plenty of casuals setups, and lots of sound people.

No one else has touched T7- it's not out yet :)

It's more a fun day out, so of course come along if you want a look!

I'm gonna come down for a few hours to watch a bit of the tournament and maybe play a few casuals. (I missed entry as I wasn't sure until today that I could go for sure :( )

Anyway do I need to bring a controller? I couldn't be arsed lugging in my arcade stick.. I know, I know, very lazy.

Also I'm absolutely terrible at Tekken. Tekken 3 was the last one I played really.

Will there be others like me? I've always enjoyed fighting games but never really dedicated enough time to getting anyway decent at them. More for the fun of it i suppose.

I win the odd game of SFV on PS4 which always makes me smile. :o

Looking forward to watching the pro's kick some Tekken ass!! :D

I'm gonna come down for a few hours to watch a bit of the tournament and maybe play a few casuals. (I missed entry as I wasn't sure until today that I could go for sure :( )

Anyway do I need to bring a controller? I couldn't be arsed lugging in my arcade stick.. I know, I know, very lazy.

Also I'm absolutely terrible at Tekken. Tekken 3 was the last one I played really.

Will there be others like me? I've always enjoyed fighting games but never really dedicated enough time to getting anyway decent at them. More for the fun of it i suppose.

I win the odd game of SFV on PS4 which always makes me smile. :o

Looking forward to watching the pro's kick some Tekken ass!! :D

There will certainly be plenty of people like you- not everyone wants to study frame data :)

I would, however, recommend you bring your own controller/stick if you can. We'll have a few but no way we can provide for everyone!

There will certainly be plenty of people like you- not everyone wants to study frame data :)

I would, however, recommend you bring your own controller/stick if you can. We'll have a few but no way we can provide for everyone!

Cool, will grab a controller with me so. Easier to carry. Lol

I won't recognise any of yis (well might with fergus since I saw him stream a bit once) but I hope to see some of ya there all the same. Never been to a tourny so hope I don't goof up the format or something. I signed up on the site thing. It changed from challonge to something called smash I think.

I think I've played Destiny once or twice with Doom but other than that I'll know none of ye either. And I'll be on my own so hopefully I get chatting to some of ye.

I'll be calling matches most of the day but feel free to say hello if you want to make friends :)

As it happens I wrote an article on attending your first tournament:

http://celticthrowdown.com/first-timers/

I'll be calling matches most of the day but feel free to say hello if you want to make friends :)

As it happens I wrote an article on attending your first tournament:

http://celticthrowdown.com/first-timers/

Nice article.

Pretty much covers my questions for what actually happens at these events. Thanks for that.

I decided to download Tekken 6 for Vita last night as I haven't played any Tekken game in years to get a bit of practice in. I'll be a pro in 24 hours. Lol

I hate you all.

Spent 3 or so hours at this today and have to say I was blown away by the whole thing.

From being greeted very kindly by a bubbly girl on arrival into the room to the fantastic set up by the organisers it was a fantastic experience start to finish.

Big screen for watch the tournament and loads of opportunities to play the game itself casually with loads of interesting and friendly people.

Very impressed lads. Wish I could have stayed longer but yeah fair play. Hope I get to play with some of ye online when this launches.

I'd love to come to the casuals you do in wigwam sometime. Definately couldn't be weekly due to family stuff but seeing the way this sort of thing works has me really interested in getting involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Spent 3 or so hours at this today and have to say I was blown away by the whole thing.

From being greeted very kindly by a bubbly girl on arrival into the room to the fantastic set up by the organisers it was a fantastic experience start to finish.

Big screen for watch the tournament and loads of opportunities to play the game itself casually with loads of interesting and friendly people.

Very impressed lads. Wish I could have stayed longer but yeah fair play. Hope I get to play with some of ye online when this launches.

I'd love to come to the casuals you do in wigwam sometime. Definately couldn't be weekly due to family stuff but seeing the way this sort of thing works has me really interested in getting involved.

Bit about this over on kotaku http://compete.kotaku.com/tekken-player-survives-with-a-sliver-of-health-1794559932.

Loved to have seen this (I'd be too much of a casual to compete ;))

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Bit about this over on kotaku http://compete.kotaku.com/tekken-player-survives-with-a-sliver-of-health-1794559932.

Loved to have seen this (I'd be too much of a casual to compete ;))

in hindsight I probably should have competed for the craic but I just didnt know/understand the set up so I decided just casuals.

The casuals were great though. As I said before the people were just great. So welcoming etc..

Glad you enjoyed it. Frankly, the continuation of our scene relies on new people coming along, so that's great :)

We'll be adding Tekken to the list of tournaments we do in Wigwam. If you let us know you're bringing a console we'll make sure you have a screen for it on other weeks (I don't think I have a copy of tag 2)! I know Fergus is always happy to drill a few matches with anyone, among others.

The weeklies are also a good place to get to know people, have a few drinks, and watch a low key tournament (it's a bit more chilled than this weekend). I know I've said it before but I can't stress how many good friends I've got from fighting games, so I'd heartily recommend it :)

That was very cool. Everyone was great. Wish I could go to these things more often.

Sorry for double post but edit post button is gone so no choice.

Broke my no pre-order rule and nabbed this https://www.gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition

Getting all the content for the game for €60 seemed like too good a deal to pass up. As of the time of this post it's only this price because of the 22% discount. There's a 20% discount on the regular version. All for windows/steam. I have a lot of issues with the new DLC based business model and pre-order baiting but if I can get all the content the same way I did every previous tekken then my reservations are null.

Edit: Just realised there's an affiliate thing. Not sure that's against the rules so I'll avoid posting it for now.