Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat - wideband, the single cable and channel stacking

Options
  • 07-02-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭

The CAI's annual Evolving Connectivity seminar programme was recently announced - http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=32a19e87679b08bba0b4fc02c&id=d35e9cdfc1

Something that stood out to me was the following Freesat presentation
    2.45 pm
    Andy Carr, Head of Supply Chain, Freesat

Freesat - Wideband, the single cable and channel stacking.

With Sky directing the future of satellite reception to wideband and dSCR technology it looks like Freesat has to follow, interested to see what their plans are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Is there any significance in the seminar on the future of TV being held in a museum?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Sounds like a sky Q type product in the offering .
    Wideband lnbs and SCR will become the new standard soon enough .

I've booked for the show and will report back what he says .

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Is there any significance in the seminar on the future of TV being held in a museum?:D

:D dunno , but it being held at the Narional Mtorcycle Museum and free admission to the museum for delegates makes it a perfect day out for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Rippy wrote: »
    I've booked for the show and will report back what he says .

Thanks Rippy, the presentations slides are normally published on the CAI website in the days/weeks following the seminar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Rippy wrote: »
    :D dunno , but it being held at the Narional Mtorcycle Museum and free admission to the museum for delegates makes it a perfect day out for me !
    So you can study Ariels and aerials at the same time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p

Advertisement