Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Paul Vincent?

Options
  • 09-01-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Paul Vincent was a deejay on a number of Dublin pirates between the late '70s and early '90s.

The story as I know it is as follows:

Paul Vincent did a stint with Radio Dublin in the late '70s - 1978/1979?

Paul was with ARD in 1979 when it closed and re-launched as Radio 257.

During the early 1980s, he turned up on Southside Radio.

At some point in the 1980s, he got involved with Sunshine Radio.

Between 1987 and 1988, he was the main person behind Southside FM - a kind of re-launch of Southside Radio.

In the last few months of 1988, he was a presenter on KLAS Radio.

During the first half of 1989, he was to be heard on Radio Dublin.

Then, Paul Vincent is heard in 1989 in legal radio doing ad voiceovers - first with Century Radio and then with Dublin's (Classic Hits) 98FM.

Paul turned up again on pirate radio on Coast FM at some stage between 1991 and 1993.

During the '00s, I learnt that Paul Vincent's voiceovers could be heard in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre.

What happened to Paul Vincent in recent years and were there any other radio stations he was involved with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Paul Vincent was a deejay on a number of Dublin pirates between the late '70s and early '90s.

The story as I know it is as follows:

Paul Vincent did a stint with Radio Dublin in the late '70s - 1978/1979?

Paul was with ARD in 1979 when it closed and re-launched as Radio 257.

During the early 1980s, he turned up on Southside Radio.

At some point in the 1980s, he got involved with Sunshine Radio.

Between 1987 and 1988, he was the main person behind Southside FM - a kind of re-launch of Southside Radio.

In the last few months of 1988, he was a presenter on KLAS Radio.

During the first half of 1989, he was to be heard on Radio Dublin.

Then, Paul Vincent is heard in 1989 in legal radio doing ad voiceovers - first with Century Radio and then with Dublin's (Classic Hits) 98FM.

Paul turned up again on pirate radio on Coast FM at some stage between 1991 and 1993.

During the '00s, I learnt that Paul Vincent's voiceovers could be heard in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre.

What happened to Paul Vincent in recent years and were there any other radio stations he was involved with?

Yeah..thats the last time i heard him too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

So far as I know he fronts a band called Fret Club. They gig down Arklow way.

Advertisement