Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST1 and ST line.

Options
  • 26-11-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

Was in a few Ford dealers today with the inlaws looking at a new Mondeo. These Fiestas crossed my radar somewhat, they seem like good value.

The ST line looks like good fun with the ST kit and a 1.0 ecoboost that promises 100bhp. Then I noticed (unless i've picked this up wrong) that Ford are offering €5k off the ST1 for the "real deal" event, making an ST1 and ST line almost exactly the same price.

Looking at the sample PCP figures for the ST line, if they also apply 0% (unlikely?) to the ST1, that's a really good deal, no?

I'd be fairly tempted using the Honda as a deposit, i'm on the fence of going back to look tomorrow. Biggest concern would then be having two cars between myself and the missus on PCP which screams celtic tiger shennanigans. But €175 a month and €9k at the end seems very managable.

If you wanted to have the baloon payment ready at the end, the immediate cost per month, PCP cost + savings would be just €240 a month, if the GMFV of the ST1 is likely to be similar to the ST line.

Screenshot_2016_11_26_19_00_50.jpg

Screenshot_2016_11_26_19_03_46.jpg

/saturdaynightthoughts.

I may have missed something obvious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just remember if going the PCP route that the joe soap model Fiesta is being replaced with a new model in the first quarter of 2017. The ST will continue on for a while longer before it is replaced by a ST version of the new Fiesta. I'd imagine that the ST has enough performance and nicheness to retain a decent enough resale value which should be important when the PCP term matures in 3 years time and need equity to start again with another car. If you plan to buy out the car then it becomes less important.

If you can get a ST for close to a ST Line then it's really a no brainer which one to go for. To me the ST Line is just a trim based on the Zetec with extra sporty bits on it, if both are costing similar then either one is excellent value or the other isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That looks like some really solid value. Was looking at seat cupra myself, but this looks like even more car for the money.
    Do all dealers doing it?
    23K for st2 looks like really good value. If I would go for one of those I would just pay off half balloon and take the rest on small loan and keep it.

What deposit the take op? I presume very high for 175eu payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Just remember that once you spec up a Ford to having the same kind of toys (or any kind) a VAG would have here, you're generally talking about adding another 2k minimum onto the sticker price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

St2 pack js not bad, but I agree. They give you really really basic stuff and then all extras. Climate control is still and option in st2.

Looked a few reviews and everyone is praising it the way it drives and how much fun it is, but at the same time they all say how meh cabin is and how bad build quality is. I am thinking now that seat cupra might still be better bang for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

St2 pack js not bad, but I agree. They give you really really basic stuff and then all extras. Climate control is still and option in st2.

Looked a few reviews and everyone is praising it the way it drives and how much fun it is, but at the same time they all say how meh cabin is and how bad build quality is. I am thinking now that seat cupra might still be better bang for the money.

I went with the cupra myself after looking at both. A lot more kit, 2500 scrappage for a 16 year old golf and 0% pcp sold it. I'll see what the equity is like after the 3 years but will probably just buy it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement