Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed vans

Options
  • 05-07-2016 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can speed vans catch you speeding at angles say if I see one on a straight and I'm small bit around a bend say a bend shaped like an S and I'm half way through it and its there. I think the cameras are set up on straight roads to catch you there anyone know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

No. It's designed to catch you on the bend. You have no time to see it. It's only a few quid and some points. Don't stress it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

It's for a mate who wanted to know I'm with boxy mo insurance so id get in trouble for speeding mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Effects wrote: »
    No. It's designed to catch you on the bend. You have no time to see it. It's only a few quid and some points. Don't stress it.

you only have no time to see it if you have ignored the warning sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mikey15106 wrote: »
    It's for a mate who wanted to know I'm with boxy mo insurance so id get in trouble for speeding mate

Lol, all your posts to date are regarding speed vans or speed cameras so you must have a keen interest in them all the same. :p

To answer your original question though, the target area of a speed camera is a boxed target zone calibrated from the rear of the van so it cannot see round corners. It would depend on when you pass through that target zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lol, all your posts to date are regarding speed vans or speed cameras so you must have a keen interest in them all the same. :p

To answer your original question though, the target area of a speed camera is a boxed target zone calibrated from the rear of the van so it cannot see round corners. It would depend on when you pass through that target zone.

When he said speeding at angles I was visualising a Dukes of Hazard scenario..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

Ah yeah I'm fascinated by the speed vans lol its nice to know these things as I do hate speeding and know many people being caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I wouldn't worry about Boxymo. They would only cancel your policy if you exceed 160 km/h. They don't need a speed van either because the black box is tracking the car when there is no speed cameras around!

Advertisement