Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzing noise coming from netgear router

Options
  • 29-01-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

My girlfriends parents netgear WGR614 v? router has been making a buzzing noise for a good while now. The internet connection drops every now and again but comes back on. The other day it wasn't working, I had a look at the router and the lights for the tick and the wireless aren't on, the only lights on are the power light and internet light. I plugged it out and back in, same with the UPC cablem modem and the noise remains and the lights are still out. Had a look at the netgear site but couldn't see anything.
    Is the router knackered?
    I connect the router directly to the PC via the ethernet cable and I can get into the settings, everything appears ok.

Advertisement