Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Forums...

Options
  • 28-09-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

The creation of the city forums in the Regional Forum.. i.e North -> Belfast City.

My question is .. from a Northern (Com Mod and User) point of view..

Is there need for a Belfast City Sub-Forum, as the North only gets very few posts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yep, I reckon there have been too few posts to the Regional forums, but I think having a city forum for the five main ones (Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Limerick and Galway) can only have a positive influence on the associated regions. Maybe the North isn't a good case in point but we'll see what happens...

Also, these have been promoted to the top menu (I've checked in 800x600 and seems fine there too) for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloud wrote:
    Yep, I reckon there have been too few posts to the Regional forums, but I think having a city forum for the five main ones (Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Limerick and Galway) can only have a positive influence on the associated regions.

Why thanks John, Waterford left out in the cold yet again. I thought that was a Dublin mentality. :(

Mike.

That's why I said the five main ones. If they are popular enough, maybe we could see about the next largest cities, and even towns. But for now, I don't think they'd survive. BTW I appreciate that Galway probably isn't much larger than some of the smaller cities/towns, but I drew the line, and there you go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

mike65 wrote:
    Why thanks John, Waterford left out in the cold yet again. I thought that was a Dublin mentality. :(

Mike.

Sure isnt it always the same.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If those ones work out then Kilkenny would be the obvious south-east representative.

Another kick in the teeth for Waterford. Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Waterford is pretty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ecksor wrote:
    If those ones work out then Kilkenny would be the obvious south-east representative.

Let the slagging begin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

UP THE Déise ;) - check out our night out for 15th October - should be fun. Its under the south east region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cloud wrote:
    BTW I appreciate that Galway probably isn't much larger than some of the smaller cities/towns, but I drew the line, and there you go.
    Galway city has more residents than Limerick city. OK, Limerick's bigger than Galway if you count the people outside the city boundary but I like Galway, even though Zhivago now looks like some kind of fecking Sony galleria.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sceptre wrote:
    Galway city has more residents than Limerick city. OK, Limerick's bigger than Galway if you count the people outside the city boundary but I like Galway, even though Zhivago now looks like some kind of fecking Sony galleria.
    How about Derry?

Limerick really does have middle child syndrome, doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

quick question here to cloud, do you plan on leaving www.limerickcity.com the way it is or is there a website on the way.

Victor wrote:

Limerick really does have middle child syndrome, doesn't it.

Waterford suffers orphan child syndrome....

Mike.

Yes I'll be leaving the pointers to forums for now:

www.belfastcity.info
    www.corkcity.org (and www.corkcity.net)
    www.dublincity.org
    www.galwaycity.com
    www.limerickcity.com

I've also pointed one or two more:

www.gaahurling.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

mike65 wrote:

How a place with just one bridge can be called a city is beyond me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

how many bridges does kilkenny have, oh I think Carlow has more than one bridge and its only a town.

The city centre itself has 2 bridges, not sure if you'd also count the one on the ring road.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

In the New section, I see that 4 of the 5 cities in Ireland now have their own forums. I was just wondering as to why Waterford City was overlooked here. Its bad enough that we dont get the recognition from RTE whenever they speak about the major cities in Ireland, but here also, especially with the fact that there are so many members here from Waterford.

Maybe it was just an oversight but is it possible that one could be created. If it is a issue with not enough mods or something, I would be glad to put myself forward.

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Leonard wrote:
    In the New section, I see that 4 of the 5 cities in Ireland now have their own forums. I was just wondering as to why Waterford City was overlooked here. Its bad enough that we dont get the recognition from RTE whenever they speak about the major cities in Ireland, but here also, especially with the fact that there are so many members here from Waterford.

Maybe it was just an oversight but is it possible that one could be created. If it is a issue with not enough mods or something, I would be glad to put myself forward.

Thanks Guys
    4 Threads under this one.

Click

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's worse is people complaining about Waterford being overlooked while at the same time overlooking Klkenny. For shame! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

What's worse is people complaining about Waterford being overlooked while at the same time overlooking Klkenny. For shame! :D
    Ah, Kilkenny's a nice aul town

/whistles and walks away

sceptre wrote:
    Ah, Kilkenny's a nice aul town

/whistles and walks away

Fecking cramped tourist trap full of Yanks in sandals and lime green socks! :D

Mike.

Ah, will we not be seeing you there then? Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Kilkenny city :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

azezil wrote:
    Kilkenny city :P
    Actually according to the Local Government Act, it isn't is city, it can merely call itself a city out of deferrrence to it's history. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Victor wrote:
    Actually according to the Local Government Act, it isn't is city, it can merely call itself a city out of deferrrence to it's history. :p

Well even if you were defeated in something, we'd still call you Victor, and in the end that's what counts. ;)

Advertisement