Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Vietnam Loadout

Options
  • 23-01-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys know of any good retailers (preferably online, preferably as close to Ireland as possible) that would sell any good-quality repro / original US Vietnam gear; i.e OD / Tigerstripe BDUs, M56 webbing, the proper style helmet covers, rank / division patches etc.? Looking to build an Air Cav / 1st of the 9th loadout cos it's something i've pretty much always wanted to do (also just watched Apocalypse Now for the third time this week :p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Soldier of Fortune

Other than that, Ebay is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not a retailer but a good read in regard to vietnam airsoft

http://vietnamairsoft.com/index.php?sid=df4ff35e31c6dbf12de73ec1bff605f3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

www.flecktarn.co.uk have tiger stripe Bdu's, their shipping costs are good and shipping is very quick.
    They might also have some of the webbing your looking for but they tend to be expensive in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Army Bargains sells tiger stripe BDU's and other bits and pieces in town but i think the tiger stripe flecktarn sell is the new issue tiger stripe not the vietnam pattern if thats what your looking for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Yeah I'm a regular flecktarn customer but their 'stripe is new pattern Bulle stuff that just looks rotten; I'm really after OD's anyway. Soldier of Fortune looks like the best bet at the moment, cheers Lemming. Anyone else out there interested in 'Nam themed loadouts / games? :cool:

Edit: now I think of it, any recommendations on an M16A1 that isn't a CA? Heard bad things about the 'oul Classic Armys lately.

• Advertisement

yeah i'm a big fan of vietnam and i actually want to get myself an oul m16a1 only problem is I have to try sell my 416 pay off a the rents and then i can look at a new aeg :P

But yeah i love the nam theme and loadouts

and actuallly just as you mention it i know a mate of mine who has the CA m16a1 and the thing is a beast great rate of fire and he has never had any problems with it

we have a few people into Vietnam airsoft down in cork, i personal have the g&p m16 vn from airsoft global, needs downgrading before shipping but a nice option for the the Vietnam look, even has the early receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

WGC customs are apparently very good basically G&P externals with TM internals though a downgrade would be required http://www.wgcshop.com/ Just be aware some of clones marked as M16A1s are M16A2s with triangular foregrips.

wgc custom and airsoftglobals version are the same, boomarms also sells them

DSC_40570001.jpg
    DSC_40540001_1.jpg

Now that's the job Puding, remember seeing the WGC ones a while back... defo worth a look. Wouldn't trust CA again after several personal experiences :rolleyes:

Now we just need somewhere where SE-Asian jungle foliage will grow in abundance in Ireland... sunny south-east perhaps? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say been enticed by vietnam load out lately.

I'm not going anywhere near a CA gun. No way.

Soldier of fortune looks the best place for a VN US loadout.

I have been looking at the G&P m16 vn versions.

But am considering buying a G&G plastica ( soon to come with blowback) and then building a m16 or the shorter carbine around G&G internals.

Cost shouldnt be more then buying a CA VN gun, and I'll have high quality G&G internals and lovely King Arms externals.

Its an expensive loadout to do right though.

The clothing isnt to bad, looking at 60 euro for jacket and pants, then maybe another 50-60 for webbing and bits and bobs

€250-350 for a high end VN themed gun.

(although JingGong do a m16VN, its highly inaccruate to the real deal, and its fully plastic, and very flimsy)

Have to say Vtec suggested a NVA loadout, something i didnt think off, everoyne automatically goes for the Us loadout, but i might look into the NVA one, gunwise, will be much cheaper for good quality gear.

I'd definatly be itnerested in other peoples views on Vietnam loadouts

(although granted, theres **** all Vietnam milsim goes on here, if i was to invest in a good kit, id want to play in good milsim, not a NV themed event with people using g36c, even using modern m4's would piss me off probably)

Yeah a good milsim would be the biz, seen an article in airsoft international about the 'In-Country' event in England, looks f*ckin proper!:D

Besides, we'd have to wait for good tropical heat/humidity for the authentic atmosphere; either that or a 'monsoon-season' game at G-tac :p

Puding wrote: »
    wgc custom and airsoftglobals version are the same, boomarms also sells them

Puding I take it you have those two rifles? How did you find ordering off WGC? Was postage expensive or what?

do king arms not do any m16s?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Grandmasha_Yoda

Word of advice lads when dealing with SoF, dont order over the net.

Ring your order through to them.

They are notorious for sending out any old rubbish with net orders.

Will be doing a VC loadout for G-TAC's game consisting of chicom,black pajamas,pith helmet and an AK.Vietnam loadout on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ok I actually have the CA M15A1vn and its been my most reliable AEG by a long shot (probably jinxed it now). The sidearm is my trusty WE M1911A1 and I have a nice M79 for artillary :)

I have used Brigade Quartermaster http://www.brigadeqm.com for my OD's and Tigerstripes (and yes Lemming will tell you that the BDU Jackets don't have the correct slanted breast pockets).

Name and US Army badges were ordered by Oz-cam on a bulk order all the airsofters did from the office and I can't remember their name. US Cavalry Badges from www.asmc.de.

Ebay was my friend for the M1 Helmet, Mitchell Leaf cover, Leather shoulder holster and M56 Webbing. The M56 Webbing was the most difficult to source as its very popular and commands some stupid prices.

To be fair I am not going for totally accurate look, I am going for what I feel looks the part.

Will be doing a VC loadout for G-TAC's game consisting of chicom,black pajamas,pith helmet and an AK.Vietnam loadout on the cheap.

Look forward to shooting you so Charlie :p

gandalf wrote: »
    I have used Brigade Quartermaster http://www.brigadeqm.com for my OD's and Tigerstripes (and yes Lemming will tell you that the BDU Jackets don't have the correct slanted breast pockets).

Dear Lord, I'll have to have the slanted pockets. Might as well do it right!:P

Look forward to shooting you so Charlie :p

Ten more will take my place or at the least a respawn.Do they make airsoft punji pits?:eek:

Aso looking forward to doing battle with you imperialist swine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cannonball

Hi,

These guys have pretty much everything except a shopping cart system. I have purchased from them and everything went well. They are based in the states.
    http://www.mooremilitaria.com/products.htm

This is a German site so no Duty to pay. I've used these guys too and had no problem. I got the washed vietnam ODs. They're really comfy but too light for the weather we're having now. Will have to wait for summer. I also got a cheap M1 helmet here for 20 euro.
    http://www.asmc.de/suche/vietnam.html

You'll then want to go here:
    http://www.airsoftgames.com/top-m60-dx-p-524.html

I have a CA m16a1 and apart from the fuse blowing once it's been really good. Reliable(so far), good rate of fire from a big battery and accurate.

There are a few ebay stores that do era-spec replica BDUs in varying patterns from OD to Tiger-Stripe. The one I've found reliable time and again is Ursula's Gift Shop. Cheesy name I know, but their BDUs are great.

As for milsim events, the UK is where its at this year. I'm keeping an eye on info on a 4-game/site linked event, with each end result affecting the next game-event, culminating in the battle for Hue City. The single event that got ran last year had period vehicles and the like in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

i had a nice vc loadout plain black bdus, decent 3 cell chicom, akm based on an army ak47 but never got to use it had to sell it on because of my lack of money...ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

As for milsim events, the UK is where its at this year. I'm keeping an eye on info on a 4-game/site linked event, with each end result affecting the next game-event, culminating in the battle for Hue City. The single event that got ran last year had period vehicles and the like in it too.

If hear any more on this Lemming will you post it up here as that's something i'd be very interested in. I've started a VC loadout as well and would love to get to actually use it!:D

im still put off by buying VN weapons stock, the only name im finding that id half hearted splash 300 bucks on is the G&P..

Weapons is the main part for me, since i hate having poor operating guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Well you're dead right as there's no point running around in a complete VC loadout yet you cant actually hit anyone because your aeg is crap! I'm half thinking of going down the Thompson road...

cannonball wrote: »
    These guys have pretty much everything except a shopping cart system. I have purchased from them and everything went well. They are based in the states.
    http://www.mooremilitaria.com/products.htm

Looks the best of the lot so far, full uniform + insignia for $130! Not too bad. Might give them a ring later on; badly need a good 'ole mitchell leaf for my M1 helmet. I already have OD BDU pants and an M65... just insignia and webbing now... and of course a rifle :o

im still put off by buying VN weapons stock, the only name im finding that id half hearted splash 300 bucks on is the G&P..

Weapons is the main part for me, since i hate having poor operating guns

RealSword Type-56. Period accurate magazines too iirc, although I'm sure one of the stray dogs can correct me on that if need be

real sword, 56 and 56-1 perfect period pieces and built like a brick and still seen around the world today if you want to use it with a modern loadout :) one of the mo0st accurate aks you can get, just be aware that not all the gearbox components are not compatible with normal v2/v3 gearbox as the realsword gearbox is a slightly altered design so that the receiver can be the accurate real steel size

• Advertisement

yeah im settled on the us loadout,

Camo and all that stuff seems easily available and available.

Choices on t3h guns :)

Advertisement