Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos mothers day offer

Options
  • 20-03-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all

trying to order stuff for the mam off tescos

i saw an advertisement for free delivery until mothers day but it doesn't seem to be deducting the price. also there are some special offers on but the price isnt deducted at checkout either!

i rang the helpline and I got told "we arent told about any of the offers" - fantastic!

anyone else see that ad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I didn't see any add, but I got an email from them offering free delivery, to avail of it I have to print off the coupon, hand it to the driver and it will then be credited back to my account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It will deducted after you order online. You print and give the voucher to the driver, then they will deduct the order total afterwards.

Voucher HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I use Tesco delivery quite a bit, and it always says something like "The price shown here is only a rough price - the actual price will be on the day of delivery"

When you get your delivery the total price they're going to charge your card is at the bottom. If they've got anything wrong you just hand it back to the delivery guy, he scans it with a handheld thingy and then the money is refunded to your card within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

delivery from tesco.ie costs €15? my local super value charges a few euro for delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It's usually 6 euro or so for delivery, maybe the last slot is charged more or something, I dunno?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Deaddude wrote: »
    Hi all

trying to order stuff for the mam off tescos

i saw an advertisement for free delivery until mothers day but it doesn't seem to be deducting the price. also there are some special offers on but the price isnt deducted at checkout either!

i rang the helpline and I got told "we arent told about any of the offers" - fantastic!

anyone else see that ad?

Don't buy stuff from Tesco they are a shower of mother f*cki*g ignorant simple minded morans. They don't care about you. Rather go somewhere smaller that will go that extra mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Got the delivery today, was ontime and all items were fresh and well packaged. Pleased with that.

Gave the guy the coupon for the free delivery. The full amount was deducted from my account but I presume from above that it will be credited in a few working days.

Definatly going to use them again if I don't have trouble getting my 7.50 back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've never had a coupon I gave to the driver applied correctly, but the customer care people have always refunded me when i asked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭rameire

foggy_lad wrote: »
    delivery from tesco.ie costs €15? my local super value charges a few euro for delivery!

where are you getting it delivered to, iceland.
    ive checked the next 7 days on tesco.ie and the dearest delivery is €7.50, and the cheapest is €5.00.

and ive never seen it dearer than €8.99

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Perhaps that the voucher says half price delivery and refunds €7.50, which would make delivery €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Davy wrote: »
    Perhaps that the voucher says half price delivery and refunds €7.50, which would make delivery €15

I think they use the same page for their free and half price delivery offers.

Also, I've never had a problem with Tesco, their deliveries, returning items or getting coupon money back. And I use them regularly, they are quite friendly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Davy wrote: »

I've have used the home delivery and never had to pay €15 or even seen the a price of €15 for delivery. As for the service itself, I've found it reasonably good. My only complaint would be that sometimes on delivery the date sensitive products would be near the end of their shelf life.

Advertisement