Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - data roaming in the US

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All

Heading to NYC in the next few weeks and just checking if anyone data-roamed there recently with vodafone. During the summer I had 'free' data-roaming while in Italy which was fantastic, would be great to be able to use my Desire in New York for Google maps etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

assuming you're on prepay pricing should be the same as at home. you may not get 3g everywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

You won't get any 3g over there cos its on a different frequency.

Use the vodafone live APN and its only 99c a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Suebee

Keith186 wrote: »
    You won't get any 3g over there cos its on a different frequency.

Use the vodafone live APN and its only 99c a day.

Cool - will check it out thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I was over in SF recently and it seems the story is that if you pay for whatever, say 1gb data a month, you can use this in countries where Vodafone have dealings with other mobile providers. Don't think they have one with America though - the guy from Vodafone customer support was advising me not to use 3g over there as it could cost something ridiculous, I think it was €5 per mb. I ended up just looking for free unsecured wireless hotspots when I was out and needed to use maps, so you could always try that if you're stuck. Try giving them a call as there was a lot of confusion, hopefully you can find someone who knows definitively what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm on prepay and it was definitely 99c a day when I was there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Suebee

I find I get a different answer depending on who I speak to in vodafone, was told not to roam in Europe - however it all worked out well with the allowance coming out of my 1gb add on (went ahead and used it abroad after reading about other user's experiences here) Will have a mooch over at the vodafone forums...

Advertisement